Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Oven door hinges locked in transit position. Won't unlock.

replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote:
I come late to this, but after encountering the same problem today it seems
that on some models there MAY be another far easier way. On reinserting the
door one instinctively wants to close it; but to get at the hinge locks you
should actually OPEN it completely (that is, at right angles). On my model it
is then very simple to get at the locks. Sounds to me as if you might be doing
precisely this, but by a much more laborious and round about route. Hope this
helps.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ock-19242-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/08/2017 17:44, bp wrote:
replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote:
I come late to this, but after encountering the same problem today it seems
that on some models there MAY be another far easier way. On reinserting the
door one instinctively wants to close it; but to get at the hinge locks you
should actually OPEN it completely (that is, at right angles). On my
model it
is then very simple to get at the locks. Sounds to me as if you might be
doing
precisely this, but by a much more laborious and round about route. Hope
this
helps.

OMG 2003 this time. I'm wondering who Fred Phase is/was. The cooker is
long dead assuming the OP isn't!

It would be smarter if the website didn't allow you to reply to very old
posts!

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxxx wrote
bp wrote
replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote

I come late to this, but after encountering the same problem today it
seems
that on some models there MAY be another far easier way. On reinserting
the door one instinctively wants to close it; but to get at the hinge
locks you should actually OPEN it completely (that is, at right angles).
On my model it is then very simple to get at the locks. Sounds to me as
if you might be doing precisely this, but by a much more laborious and
round about route. Hope this helps.

OMG 2003 this time.

Still useful info regardless of when the original was asked.

I'm wondering who Fred Phase is/was. The cooker is long dead assuming the
OP isn't!

Irrelevant to whether the info is still useful to others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:44:03 GMT, bp
m wrote:

replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote:

I don't mind that the advice is usually for an old problem (this poster
even acknowledges that) because the information might still help me or
someone even if not the original poster.

I do mind that most such posts don't give enough info to know what
problem they are trying to solve, but that's not the case here iether.

However, I've been reading this group for iirc 20 years and I don't
remember Fred Phase or most of the other people they reply to. Does
anyone rememeber Fred Phase?

I come late to this, but after encountering the same problem today it seems
that on some models there MAY be another far easier way. On reinserting the
door one instinctively wants to close it; but to get at the hinge locks you
should actually OPEN it completely (that is, at right angles). On my model it
is then very simple to get at the locks. Sounds to me as if you might be doing
precisely this, but by a much more laborious and round about route. Hope this
helps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

m wrote:

replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote:

However, I've been reading this group for iirc 20 years and I don't

Scary huh, I think I have wasted 15 years listening to you lot so far ;-)

remember Fred Phase or most of the other people they reply to. Does
anyone rememeber Fred Phase?

Looks like he only posted to two threads according to a google groups
search.

Oddly that thread has been resurrected a few times now in 2015 and 2016.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

replying to bp, CK wrote:
Glad to see your post, thought I am late. Also glad you said "there may be
another far easier way", I take it you mean this is as you assemble the door.
The trouble is, the locked hinge is already at right angle to the door and
cannot be rotated out because is is locked. Mine is a Whirlpool AKP 262/1X but
the concept all sounds the same. When putting the door back with the hinge
locked at right angle, the door will be in close position. The hinge won't
budge because it is locked. May be we are describing different problem or may
be your model is completely different but desperate for any help just in case
what you suggest can work on mine. Thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...c-1231303-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/09/2017 22:14, CK wrote:
replying to bp, CK wrote:
Glad to see your post, thought I am late.

Yes 14 years late. The article to which you are replying was posted in 2003

See
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

replying to bp, Christina wrote:
OMG...you wonderful human being! Thank you so much; I would have wasted hours
without your help! Really awesome 👏

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...c-1231303-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christina m wrote in
:

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...locked-in-tran
sit-position-won-t-unloc-1231303-.htm

Some strange instructions there - are people really doing it correctly.
Every oven I have used it is very simple to open the door fully - lock the
hinge by blocking its return - with a rotating disc or similar - lift out
the door. replace and then unblock the return mechanism.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christina m wrote in
:

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...locked-in-tran
sit-position-won-t-unloc-1231303-.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75DSB2Uihic
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its also a pity that the stupid web site that some are using to view this
group does not actually allow quoting of the message as well.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Christina m wrote in
:

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...locked-in-tran
sit-position-won-t-unloc-1231303-.htm

Some strange instructions there - are people really doing it correctly.
Every oven I have used it is very simple to open the door fully - lock the
hinge by blocking its return - with a rotating disc or similar - lift out
the door. replace and then unblock the return mechanism.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

replying to bp, TinCan wrote:
Thank you so much!!!!!!! This worked!!!!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...c-1231303-.htm