Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven door hinges locked in transit position. Won't unlock.

replying to Fred Phase, Klara wrote:
fredphase wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message
Yes, that fixed it. As a always the case I figured it out 10 minutes
after posting!
In case anyone else gets into the same pickle, this is how to fix
it...
1) Grip hinge assembly in a vice between the big spring and the arm
that holds it, but not across the arm as this will deform it. This
should rest on a ledge on the arm alllowing downward force.
2) Apply a flat-blade screwdriver to the ping at the end of the spring
loaded lock. Press the pin to relieve the pressure on the hinge.
3) Pull the hinge out, or prise it from the back until it starts to
move.
4) Extend the hinge as far out as you can.
Hope that helps someone out there :-)

Thank you so,so much for this post. Have been searching the internet for
solutions after the oven door hinges locked when pulling out the door and
gladly have found your instructions. Unlocked hinges and door back on the
oven,ever so happy! To to say once you know what to do how easy it's. I'm
a woman with no DIY skills,just wanted to clean between glass on my oven
door. Next time I'll know to push the latch as far back as possible before
pulling door out,so the hinge won't lock up again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fredphase wrote:
"BigWallop" wrote in message
[...]

We'll have you building a house soon enough. Rod Speed will probably offer plans

NT