Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
bp[_2_] bp[_2_] is offline

Default Oven door hinges locked in transit position. Won't unlock.

replying to Fred Phase, bp wrote:
I come late to this, but after encountering the same problem today it seems
that on some models there MAY be another far easier way. On reinserting the
door one instinctively wants to close it; but to get at the hinge locks you
should actually OPEN it completely (that is, at right angles). On my model it
is then very simple to get at the locks. Sounds to me as if you might be doing
precisely this, but by a much more laborious and round about route. Hope this
helps.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ock-19242-.htm