Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default well wot a surprise

this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 1:21:55 PM UTC+1, critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Probably stocking up on cheap coal :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY newsgroup.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Cheers
--
Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Anyone who stayed up all night probably needs the rest.

Wota packa wimps. Adolf was right.

"Clive Arthur" wrote in message
news
In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Cheers
--
Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2017 15:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
Anyone who stayed up all night probably needs the rest.
Brian

If they stayed up for the election they need a life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Anyone who stayed up all night probably needs the rest.

If they stayed up for the election they need a life.

No polly has a life, stupid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/17 15:46, Clive Arthur wrote:
In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Cheers

Well I don't know, There are no extreme right people here anyway.

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Well I don't know, There are no extreme right people here anyway.

Yeah, harry is a rabid lefty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

It's OK. Dave doesn't really understand much at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 19:16:20 +0100, Richard wrote:

It's OK. Dave doesn't really understand much at all.

Dave probably thinks Labour actually won, from listening to the
ridiculous BBC coverage of the results. ;-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2017-06-09, Clive Arthur wrote:
In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Like many lefties Dave regards anyone even vaguely to the left of him as
"extreme right wing". Like many opinions held by lefties, this is of
course utter cock.

But, dear Huge, you've killfiled most of this group, so can't have read
what they post.

--
*If all is not lost, where the hell is it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2017-06-09, Clive Arthur wrote:
In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

It's the closest they can get to survivalism.

Like many lefties Dave regards anyone even vaguely to the left of him as
"extreme right wing". Like many opinions held by lefties, this is of
course utter cock.

But, dear Huge, you've killfiled most of this group, so can't have read
what they post.

Says the hypocritical ****wit Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 15:07:24 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

The majority of the most common posters will be licking their wounds.

Never quite understood what the extreme right wing see in a DIY
newsgroup.

A Troll's Playground? :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2017 13:21, critcher wrote:
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Too much fake news in the media to have time to post to this group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

They are interviewing for a new Prime Minister, fancy the job, no experience
needed.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"critcher" wrote in message
news
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

They are interviewing for a new Prime Minister,
fancy the job, no experience needed.

Nope, May has kissed Liz's ring. You can see the stain on her lips.

"critcher" wrote in message
news
this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 15:56:30 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

They are interviewing for a new Prime Minister

You wish! Is that what the BBC are claiming now? ;-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:21:33 +0100, critcher wrote:

this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

Well, I've been chasing DPD... They had given a slot of 1115-1215,
watching the web drop 8 van up the road on drop 6 at 1205. No sign of
van by 1230, web site still saying drop 6. 1245 state changes to
"couldn't deliver" and a photo of gate across a farm access track 1/2
a mile down the road. None of the web options allow for "tried to
deliver to wrong location, deliver to location information". No
phone number on that page, Found one, 0844, VOIP refused to connect
"an error has occured", took mobile to the upstairs window where it
works, spoke to a helpful lady. Their system can't search on name or
postcode only parcel number, lady held on while I retrieved it from
the screen downstairs. She messaged the driver with the location and
a contact number. About 1400 parcel arrives, driver complaining that
satnav sent him down the road, well yes it does, that's the center of
the square mile that the post code and it 5 delivery points covers.
This area is not a town when a post code plonks you within a few
yards of the place... He'd have had to drive past us to get to where
he took the photo and the house name is clearly visible from the
road, plonker.

After that set about installing the parcels contents, grill element
for the cooker. The old one split itself apart along a lot of it's
length with accompanying spitz and sparken.

Caught up on email, too late now to start painting a ceiling. So came
to visit uk.d-i-y. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2017 13:21, critcher wrote:

this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

I just downloaded 250 messages, which group are you reading?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 09/06/2017 13:21, critcher wrote:

this newsgroup is very quiet today, I wonder why?

I just downloaded 250 messages, which group are you reading?

Maybe he's a habitual plonker?