Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best domestic fly killer please?

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Broadback Wrote in message:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Aerosol?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2017 10:05, Broadback wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Commercial UV electrocution insect zapper trap.

But be sure to empty it from time time or you can get serious problems:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...c-trap-7967367

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of the
year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not mark
furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Um.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/17 10:05, Broadback wrote:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

A quickly incinerating laser beam focused on a edge of a DLP
micro-mirror that can quickly swing it into the target as seen by 3D
cameras, with zones such as windows and furniture mapped out of the
'kill area'

Then a remote controlled flying drone with a small vacuum cleaner
despatched to hoover up the remains.

All controlled and completely automatic from a Raspberry Pi.

Patent probably pending from somewhere...

I've got one of those high voltage 'tennis racket' fly squatter things
from Poundland. I've had a couple of flies get a visible spark, which
works apart from a couple that managed to recover and take flight again.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/17 12:08, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
I've got one of those high voltage 'tennis racket' fly squatter things
from Poundland. I've had a couple of flies get a visible spark, which
works apart from a couple that managed to recover and take flight again.

Too many couples, remove the first...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

A quickly incinerating laser beam

Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of chrysanthemums.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14-Mar-17 10:29 AM, Martin Brown wrote:
On 14/03/2017 10:05, Broadback wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Commercial UV electrocution insect zapper trap.

But be sure to empty it from time time or you can get serious problems:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...c-trap-7967367

Food quality UV traps use a sticky transparent film instead of a zapper.
The film is on a roll that advances every few hours and gets changed
about once a month. That avoids any falling fly parts, which could
contaminate food.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:12:08 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of chrysanthemums.

Is *that* what it smells of?

I suppose it's not too healthy to spray huge clouds of it about as an air freshener.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim k wrote:
Broadback Wrote in message:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Aerosol?

Impossible not to follow that with "No, it is for my armpits". ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:50:26 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:12:08 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of chrysanthemums.

Is *that* what it smells of?

I suppose it's not too healthy to spray huge clouds of it about as an air freshener.

I thought it was pyrethrum, which is sort of flowery but not really
chrysanthemums.

Bring back Flit.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:24:26 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

Food quality UV traps use a sticky transparent film instead of a zapper.
The film is on a roll that advances every few hours and gets changed
about once a month. That avoids any falling fly parts, which could
contaminate food.

Makes sense, but falling is an understatement. A blue bottle zapped
by even the small domestic UV zappers explodes itself over quite a
distance...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:13:22 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

A quickly incinerating laser beam

Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of
chrysanthemums.

And use it according to the instructions. Close windows and doors, a
second or two spray into the air near the middle of the room, leave
room reclosing that door and wait ten minutes.

You don't need to zap the flies directly, oh fish aren't overly keen
on the stuff either, so remove or cover their tank.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 10:05:31 UTC, Broadback wrote:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Sticky fly papers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm, I'm not sure about that one. There are certainly bees around this year,
out in force yesterday around here.

I guess fly paper seems to still work.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Broadback" wrote in message
news
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of the
year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not mark
furniture of windows?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job
interview here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_Cr...outh_Australia
He got the job as the Australians were too stupid to do the job.
We were constantly pestered by flies as we waited.
Australia is one big fly infested ********.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:29:57 -0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 14/03/2017 10:05, Broadback wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Commercial UV electrocution insect zapper trap.

But be sure to empty it from time time or you can get serious problems:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...c-trap-7967367

Why did they install it in the loft?

--
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or the tiger. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, trampling and eating everything it sees.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:24:26 -0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 14-Mar-17 10:29 AM, Martin Brown wrote:
On 14/03/2017 10:05, Broadback wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Commercial UV electrocution insect zapper trap.

But be sure to empty it from time time or you can get serious problems:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...c-trap-7967367

Food quality UV traps use a sticky transparent film instead of a zapper.
The film is on a roll that advances every few hours and gets changed
about once a month. That avoids any falling fly parts, which could
contaminate food.

I've seen plenty electric ones in food places.

And part of a dead fly won't kill you, or cyclists would be dying off all the time when they breathed one in.

--
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or the tiger. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, trampling and eating everything it sees.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:35:04 -0000, tim... wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of the
year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not mark
furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Um.......

Too much to drink? Why would you fill a kite? A kite is a flat device.

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:33:16 -0000, wrote:

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:12:08 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of chrysanthemums.

Is *that* what it smells of?

I suppose it's not too healthy to spray huge clouds of it about as an air freshener.

Just ignore the overly cautious warnings on the can.

--
Lemon entry my dear Watson.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:34:05 -0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:13:22 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

A quickly incinerating laser beam

Or just a can of RAID, provided you don't mind the smell of
chrysanthemums.

And use it according to the instructions. Close windows and doors, a
second or two spray into the air near the middle of the room, leave
room reclosing that door and wait ten minutes.

You don't need to zap the flies directly, oh fish aren't overly keen
on the stuff either, so remove or cover their tank.

Bull****. That method fails drastically, nothing dies. You must spray directly onto the insect.

And only Johnson's RAID does anything. The other makes have far less of the active ingredient.

--
ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:05:29 -0000, Broadback wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

I use an electric fly zapper - Insectocutor Pluszap - two of 1 foot UV tubes. And also they're easy to hoover up when they're perched on the ceiling. Move the vacuum pipe towards them slowly, then they don't perceive it as a threat. But make sure you half suck up a rag before turning off the vacuum, or they can escape.

--
Tip of the day: Do not fart in the bath while you have the runs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 21:01:03 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job
interview here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_Cr...outh_Australia
He got the job as the Australians were too stupid to do the job.
We were constantly pestered by flies as we waited.
Australia is one big fly infested ********.

True.
This is why they have hats with corks round them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BWJ8K...SIN=B00BWJ8KJQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone using
'myself' for 'I'.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2017 08:45, Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone using
'myself' for 'I'.

I was taught that it was correct to say "my Mother and I/me! whichever
was appropriate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone using
'myself' for 'I'.

It was once considered "bad form" to ever use the word "I". It was "pushy".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
On 15/03/2017 08:45, Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone using
'myself' for 'I'.

I was taught that it was correct to say "my Mother and I/me! whichever
was appropriate!

Yes, fine, it's the "myself" that gets up my nose! :-)

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest
of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that
does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone using
'myself' for 'I'.

It was once considered "bad form" to ever use the word "I". It was "pushy".

Which is what's even more wrong with 'myself', it's even more pushy
and shouting "me, me, me".

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

I know an old women who had a similar problem and she recommends a
spider.
:-)
- Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:09:02 UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 14/03/17 10:05, Broadback wrote:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

A quickly incinerating laser beam focused on a edge of a DLP
micro-mirror that can quickly swing it into the target as seen by 3D
cameras, with zones such as windows and furniture mapped out of the
'kill area'

Then a remote controlled flying drone with a small vacuum cleaner
despatched to hoover up the remains.

Let me know when there's a dyson version.

All controlled and completely automatic from a Raspberry Pi.

Patent probably pending from somewhere...

I've got one of those high voltage 'tennis racket' fly squatter things
from Poundland. I've had a couple of flies get a visible spark, which
works apart from a couple that managed to recover and take flight again.

I've got one of those, they make a really nice sound when hot it a fly, most of mine get stuck to it and then I tap it on the side of the toilet pan and off they go. Have had a few that have only been stunned but I hold the racket on them and they sizzle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

Swat
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
news The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the
rest of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective
killer that does not mark furniture of windows?

Why did I read that as kite filler?

Because you are dyslexic, stupid.

Um.......

Humming isnt going to save your bacon, boy......

Myself and my mother once waited outside whilst my dad went for a
job

"I and my mother....", I'm getting really annoyed with everyone
using 'myself' for 'I'.

It was once considered "bad form" to ever use the word "I". It was
"pushy".

Which is what's even more wrong with 'myself', it's even more pushy
and shouting "me, me, me".

'More wrong'?

Wrong is an absolute sate, it's not subject to gradation

You can thank Sheldon Cooper for the above quotation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 20:46:58 +0000, Phil L wrote:

Chris Green wrote:
charles wrote:
In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Broadback" wrote in message
[...]

ITYRM, "You can thank *the character,* Sheldon Cooper[1] for the above
quotation. :-)

[1] A fictional character in the wonderfully "nerdy" American sitcom,
"Big Bang Theory" (The?).

--
Johnny B Good

Bug Killer....What's best? Hustlin' Hank Home Repair 13 October 31st 09 01:50 PM
Bug Killer....What's best? Hustlin' Hank Home Repair 0 October 30th 09 10:30 PM
Fly Killer djbj UK diy 18 July 20th 06 08:58 PM
Bug killer PigPOg UK diy 8 June 12th 06 10:44 PM