Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best domestic fly killer please?

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 12:09:02 UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 14/03/17 10:05, Broadback wrote:
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of
the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not
mark furniture of windows?

A quickly incinerating laser beam focused on a edge of a DLP
micro-mirror that can quickly swing it into the target as seen by 3D
cameras, with zones such as windows and furniture mapped out of the
'kill area'

Then a remote controlled flying drone with a small vacuum cleaner
despatched to hoover up the remains.

Let me know when there's a dyson version.

All controlled and completely automatic from a Raspberry Pi.

Patent probably pending from somewhere...

I've got one of those high voltage 'tennis racket' fly squatter things
from Poundland. I've had a couple of flies get a visible spark, which
works apart from a couple that managed to recover and take flight again.

I've got one of those, they make a really nice sound when hot it a fly, most of mine get stuck to it and then I tap it on the side of the toilet pan and off they go. Have had a few that have only been stunned but I hold the racket on them and they sizzle.