Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
JoeJoe wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I personally have nothing to hide, and have no problem carrying
a card proving who I am and producing it if/when asked to do so.

I wouldn't either provided identity theft was impossible.

And yet we do fine carrying drivers licenses.

You've never heard of fake driving licences ?

That isnt because you have to carry them.

And fake driving license isnt identity theft anyway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 18:10:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
JoeJoe wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I personally have nothing to hide, and have no problem carrying
a card proving who I am and producing it if/when asked to do so.

I wouldn't either provided identity theft was impossible.

And yet we do fine carrying drivers licenses.

You've never heard of fake driving licences ?

That isnt because you have to carry them.

If you want certain products or services they can be used as ID.

And fake driving license isnt identity theft anyway.

UN less you're using someone elses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 18:10:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
JoeJoe wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I personally have nothing to hide, and have no problem carrying
a card proving who I am and producing it if/when asked to do so.

I wouldn't either provided identity theft was impossible.

And yet we do fine carrying drivers licenses.

You've never heard of fake driving licences ?

That isnt because you have to carry them.

If you want certain products or services they can be used as ID.

people try to use them as proof of age.

And fake driving license isnt identity theft anyway.

UN less you're using someone elses.

Difficult when it has photo

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 12:12:50 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 18:10:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
JoeJoe wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I personally have nothing to hide, and have no problem carrying
a card proving who I am and producing it if/when asked to do so.

I wouldn't either provided identity theft was impossible.

And yet we do fine carrying drivers licenses.

You've never heard of fake driving licences ?

That isnt because you have to carry them.

If you want certain products or services they can be used as ID.

people try to use them as proof of age.

Nothing wrong with that is there.
If you have a senior citzen bus pass surely you can use this to prove you're over 25 in sainsbury for buying beer.

And fake driving license isnt identity theft anyway.

UN less you're using someone elses.

Difficult when it has photo

If it's fake you can add your own photo I did that to get into a club years ago.
I made one for a friend too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Not even possible with our drivers licenses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

http://www2.cipd.co.uk/community/dis.../f/70/t/60775#

https://aussiefakeid.com/

http://www.fakeidreviews.net/

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Just because some spiv and con man claims he can flog
you one of our photo drivers licenses doesnt mean that
he can get your data into the database so that when
someone checks if its a fake license or not, the system
says its not fake. The database includes your photo,
and there is no way that someone like you can get
someone elses photo in there replacing the original.

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Because they are as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

you don't need to.
Drivers licenses can be used to prove other things other than you can drive ****wit.
I can use a drivers license to proive I'm old enough to buy alcohol in supermarkets, I can use it at the post office to prove who I am so I can have my parcels. The only peole likely to check whether or not yuor license in fake or not are the police and maybe at car hire centres if renting you a car..

the system
says its not fake. The database includes your photo,
and there is no way that someone like you can get
someone elses photo in there replacing the original.

Donlt need to few if anyone bothers to check that.

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Because they are as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.

Just likke fake degree certs, and medical certs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

the system says its not fake. The database includes your
photo, and there is no way that someone like you can
get someone elses photo in there replacing the original.

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Because they are as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.

Just likke fake degree certs, and medical certs.

Trivial to check if they are fakes too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/17 19:51, charles wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run an
ID card?

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run an
ID card?

cash only at the bar I'm responible for. And believe it or not, a credit
card machine is designed to talk to the credit card company.

from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2017 19:51, charles wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and
how I spend my time.

This isn't 1984.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Corse you do, that's the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if it's a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar,

They arent anyone who matters.

how is the barman (or woman) going
to be able to check on the database?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run an
ID card?

cash only at the bar I'm responible for.

Irrelevant to what is possible with any decent phone.

And believe it or not, a credit card machine is
designed to talk to the credit card company.

Utterly mangled all over again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

They dont care and do anyway.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and how
I spend my time.

They dont care and do anyway.

This isn't 1984.

Nothing like that silly **** hyperventilated about happened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run an
ID card?

cash only at the bar I'm responible for. And believe it or not, a credit
card machine is designed to talk to the credit card company.

And an ID machine will be designed to talk to the central ID computer
system.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and
how I spend my time.

This isn't 1984.

But that's the instruction manual they used.

All for the best possible motives.

Andy

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

If the potential customer wants to buy alcohol, it might be necessary

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters does when
you present them with a drivers license, check the database to check
if its a valid license and see if the photo on the license matches
the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run
an ID card?

cash only at the bar I'm responible for. And believe it or not, a
credit card machine is designed to talk to the credit card company.

And an ID machine will be designed to talk to the central ID computer
system.

what ID machine - can I get one now? I'll need it on 1 April.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Didn't when I went to the post office to collect a parcel.
They'll accept a recent utility bill too, they donlt check anything.

check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

Mine didn't have a photo.

the system says its not fake. The database includes your
photo, and there is no way that someone like you can
get someone elses photo in there replacing the original.

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Because they are as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.

Just likke fake degree certs, and medical certs.

Trivial to check if they are fakes too.

Yeah sure.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 08:35:38 UTC, charles wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

If the potential customer wants to buy alcohol, it might be necessary

And the reason they want such a thing is because it's against the law to sell alcohol to persons under the age of 17/18 whatever.
Some places only apply this rule to those that look under 25.
If yuo show a drivers licesnce you donl;t need to prove you arte the legal owner of it via the police if you have it and it can show your DOB then you'll pass their test, just like you would if coming from another country and say you're 16 even if you're 32 .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters does when
you present them with a drivers license, check the database to
check if its a valid license and see if the photo on the license
matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is
the barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

If the potential customer wants to buy alcohol, it might be necessary

And the reason they want such a thing is because it's against the law to
sell alcohol to persons under the age of 17/18 whatever. Some places only
apply this rule to those that look under 25.

That is supposed to apply everywhere in the UK

If yuo show a drivers licesnce you donl;t need to prove you arte the
legal owner of it via the police if you have it and it can show your DOB
then you'll pass their test, just like you would if coming from another
country and say you're 16 even if you're 32 .

In Scotland, the bar staff are required to check that the photo bit of the
licence looks like the person presenting it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 14:53:29 UTC, charles wrote:
Campestris wrote:
On 07/03/2017 19:51, charles wrote:
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:

Corse you do, that尽 the first thing anyone who matters does when
you present them with a drivers license, check the database to
check if it尽 a valid license and see if the photo on the license
matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is
the barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

If the potential customer wants to buy alcohol, it might be necessary

And the reason they want such a thing is because it's against the law to
sell alcohol to persons under the age of 17/18 whatever. Some places only
apply this rule to those that look under 25.

That is supposed to apply everywhere in the UK

No it doesn't it's up to the store who has to abibe by the law
which is yuo can not sell alchol to someone under the age of 18.

If yuo show a drivers licesnce you donl;t need to prove you arte the
legal owner of it via the police if you have it and it can show your DOB
then you'll pass their test, just like you would if coming from another
country and say you're 16 even if you're 32 .

In Scotland, the bar staff are required to check that the photo bit of the
licence looks like the person presenting it.

and if you buy a fake ID it will do otherwise yuo wouldn;t buy it or would you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Campestris wrote:
On 07/03/2017 19:51, charles wrote:
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:

Corse you do, that# the first thing anyone who matters does
when you present them with a drivers license, check the
database to check if it# a valid license and see if the photo
on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how
is the barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the
database?

I don't want them to.

If the potential customer wants to buy alcohol, it might be
necessary

And the reason they want such a thing is because it's against the law
to sell alcohol to persons under the age of 17/18 whatever. Some
places only apply this rule to those that look under 25.

That is supposed to apply everywhere in the UK

No it doesn't it's up to the store who has to abibe by the law which is
yuo can not sell alchol to someone under the age of 18.

It is enforced by the store, but that store's licence requirements include
displaying an "RU under 25" poster (or the equivalent)

If yuo show a drivers licesnce you donl;t need to prove you arte the
legal owner of it via the police if you have it and it can show your
DOB then you'll pass their test, just like you would if coming from
another country and say you're 16 even if you're 32 .

In Scotland, the bar staff are required to check that the photo bit of
the licence looks like the person presenting it.

and if you buy a fake ID it will do otherwise yuo wouldn;t buy it or
would you.

However fake IDs probbaly won't have the necessary holgram

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and
how I spend my time.

This isn't 1984.

I can see that point of view. But then you'll have to put up with the
nonsense of different organisations requiring various assorted proofs of
identity. Council tax bills. Utility bills. Passport. Photo driving
licence. And so on.

And many of your movements are already checked. NRC etc if you drive a
car. Each time you use a credit card. Do virtually anything online. And so
on. 1984 was surpassed many years ago. ;-)

--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

,
whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

The post office isnt anyone who matters, stupid.

They'll accept a recent utility bill too, they donlt check anything.

check the database to check if its a valid license and see if
the photo on the license matches the one on the database.

Mine didn't have a photo.

So you can't in fact now do what you used to do.

the system says its not fake. The database includes your
photo, and there is no way that someone like you can
get someone elses photo in there replacing the original.

seems strange these are sold then doesn't it.
why would people pay money for these ?

Because they are as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.

Just likke fake degree certs, and medical certs.

Trivial to check if they are fakes too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and
how I spend my time.

This isn't 1984.

I can see that point of view. But then you'll have to put up with the
nonsense of different organisations requiring various assorted proofs of
identity. Council tax bills. Utility bills. Passport. Photo driving
licence. And so on.

And many of your movements are already checked. NRC etc if you drive a
car. Each time you use a credit card. Do virtually anything online. And so
on. 1984 was surpassed many years ago. ;-)

As are the mobile phone masts your mobile is connected to at any one
time... And I couldn't care less - I have nothing to hide.

It has proven very useful in the past - in particular with those that
did have something to hide. It also looks to be proven useful again with
the missing RAF guy that they now look for in the tip based on his
mobile movements.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

It is when collecting parcels how will they know they have given it to the right person ?

They'll accept a recent utility bill too, they donlt check anything.

check the database to check if its a valid license and see if
the photo on the license matches the one on the database.

Mine didn't have a photo.

So you can't in fact now do what you used to do.

Still can.