Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief

On 07/03/17 20:41, charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/03/17 19:51, charles wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:

Corse you do, thats the first thing anyone who matters
does when you present them with a drivers license, check
the database to check if its a valid license and see if the
photo on the license matches the one on the database.

[Snip]

when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

Theres an app for that

FFS if you can run a credit card in a second or two, how long to run an
ID card?

cash only at the bar I'm responible for. And believe it or not, a credit
card machine is designed to talk to the credit card company.

And an ID machine will be designed to talk to the central ID computer
system.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx