Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default We have a new Dick Head of the Met Police chief

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
when the "licence" is produced as a proof of age in a bar, how is the
barman (or woman) going to be able to check on the database?

I don't want them to.

I don't want a centralised government run database recording where and
how I spend my time.

This isn't 1984.

I can see that point of view. But then you'll have to put up with the
nonsense of different organisations requiring various assorted proofs of
identity. Council tax bills. Utility bills. Passport. Photo driving
licence. And so on.

And many of your movements are already checked. NRC etc if you drive a
car. Each time you use a credit card. Do virtually anything online. And so
on. 1984 was surpassed many years ago. ;-)

--
*Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson" *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.