Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I got my kitchen unit level ...

.... but then realised that I'd need a 170 mm plinth to fill in the gap where I'd wound all the legs out to max and stood them on planks.

Never mind, 4 hours before I might want to eat something.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , PeterC
writes

When I replumbed the house I deliberately didn't connect to the taps on the
bath. I hadn't used them in years and it's a good excuse not to do any
washing up.

You do your washing up in the bath? Where do you keep the coal?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This sounds like the inverse of the trying to make a four legged stool not
wobble.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
... but then realised that I'd need a 170 mm plinth to fill in the gap
where I'd wound all the legs out to max and stood them on planks.

Never mind, 4 hours before I might want to eat something.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You know what in my kitchen there is no such thing as level, as whoever
built the house had a new way of defining straight.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"jim" k wrote in message
o.uk...
Graeme Wrote in message:
In message , PeterC
writes

When I replumbed the house I deliberately didn't connect to the taps on
the
bath. I hadn't used them in years and it's a good excuse not to do any
washing up.

You do your washing up in the bath? Where do you keep the coal?

And the whippets!?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 19/02/2017 10:57, Brian Gaff wrote:
You know what in my kitchen there is no such thing as level, as whoever
built the house had a new way of defining straight.

I can touch my kitchen ceiling at on end of the kitchen when stood on my
toes, at the other end of the kitchen I need to stand on something to
touch the ceiling.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 19 February 2017 11:45:23 UTC, ARW wrote:
I can touch my kitchen ceiling at on end of the kitchen when stood on my
toes, at the other end of the kitchen I need to stand on something to
touch the ceiling.

toes of an apprentice?

I've realised I have to bring the wall units down lower than I intended otherwise they'll smash the ceiling lights every time I open the door.

I can see why people pay professionals to make mistakes for them.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2017 20:07, JoeJoe wrote:
On 19/02/2017 11:45, ARW wrote:
On 19/02/2017 10:57, Brian Gaff wrote:
You know what in my kitchen there is no such thing as level, as whoever
built the house had a new way of defining straight.

I can touch my kitchen ceiling at on end of the kitchen when stood on my
toes, at the other end of the kitchen I need to stand on something to
touch the ceiling.

Sheet of paper?

Nah - swimming pool in the kitchen - a bit like the one in the Sun last
year - only Adam's has got a deep end and a shallow end.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2191659/inside-the-lavish-2-35million-mansion-with-10-bedrooms-and-swimming-pool-in-the-kitchen/

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.... and then I was preparing the taps for fitting in the sink.

Dropped one.

It landed pipe end down and punched a neat circular hole in the new floor.

Never mind, I can probably put a mat over that bit.

Owain