Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do I need to level the kitchen floor ?

Dear All,

I am just in the process of installing a new kitchen.

I have just used a self leveling laser to mark the worktop height.

I then used a tape measure to see what the height of this line was
compared to the floor.

The diference is 1cm from one end of the room to the other.

Now if I continue to use this line to make the worktop and cabinets
level. Surely the fact that the floor runs out will mean that when I
tile the floor it will look a little odd ? Or will this not be
noticeable.

The floor is floorboards, and I am planning on using 6mm marine ply
over before I lay the tiles

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks guys.

just taking a 5 min break, all going well so far.

Although the brackets to hold the wall cabinets seem really wrong.

The is a bracket which mounts to the wall and looks like
_____
[ _ ]
[ ( ) ]
[ ( ) ]
[ o ]
[ ( ) ]
[ ( ) ]

And the one on the back of the units has a large round screw head that
can adjust from the other side (inside) the wall cabinet. It just seems
to sit there. I thought that the wall bracket would be shapped to
accept the bracket on the back of the cabinet, rather that just having
a flat top

Kitchen Sub Floor - tear up? [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 15th 05 03:52 PM
kitchen floor mystery JD Home Repair 1 October 16th 05 02:55 PM
uneven kitchen floor Barstoolprofet Home Repair 1 January 23rd 05 12:01 AM
Garage floor uneven - How to level? Brian Home Ownership 5 June 4th 04 04:27 PM
Removing ceramic tile from kitchen floor... Cindy Home Repair 2 February 8th 04 12:06 AM