Barstoolprofet

Default uneven kitchen floor

Our house has a very uneven kitchen floor. I think that there must be about
3 joists that are really bowed downwards. I would like to redo the floor but
I don't think I could get away with a floating floor because of how uneven
it is. Does anyone know if I go with ceramic tile and put extra mud on the
low area, will that cover up the low spot? Any ideas are appreciated !

Barstoolprofet

Joseph Meehan

Barstoolprofet wrote:
Our house has a very uneven kitchen floor. I think that there must be
about 3 joists that are really bowed downwards. I would like to redo
the floor but I don't think I could get away with a floating floor
because of how uneven it is. Does anyone know if I go with ceramic
tile and put extra mud on the low area, will that cover up the low
spot? Any ideas are appreciated !
Barstoolprofet

I would start by going down below the floor and finding out exactly what
is happening. You may have a major problem that would mean any patch type
fix you try may be a waste of time or you may find it is fixable from below
rather than patching from above.

Don't just "..think that there must be about 3 joists that are really
bowed downwards."

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math