Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Mason tried it again?

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet that
people could see what his true financial circumstances were - and how they
differed from what he had told us - that he has just buggered off for a bit.

Unless he has taken one of the many new jobs, he had been offered, which he
obviously needs to keep his head above water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet that

Why on Earth would anyone do that?

people could see what his true financial circumstances were - and how they
differed from what he had told us - that he has just buggered off for a bit.

Unless he has taken one of the many new jobs, he had been offered, which he
obviously needs to keep his head above water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/01/2017 09:24, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet that
people could see what his true financial circumstances were - and how they
differed from what he had told us - that he has just buggered off for a bit.

Hmm, I must have missed that. Not so good, then?

Unless he has taken one of the many new jobs, he had been offered, which he
obviously needs to keep his head above water.

I thought he kept counting his chickens ....

Still, I hope it works out okay for him.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:09:07 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre" wrote:

Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet that

Why on Earth would anyone do that?

I think you could have said "Why would any sensible person do that?" - and then
you may guess the answer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet that

Why on Earth would anyone do that?

I think you could have said "Why would any sensible person do that?" - and then
you may guess the answer.

I am truly astonished. He must need help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

For added entertainment, Google still has an html version of his book in its
cache - the green subheading under "THE MAN WHO CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD"
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Hopefully he just realised his interacting here wasn't healthy. Let's hope he's ok.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've now skipped through this 64-page effort, and parts of it are actually
quite interesting. He documents why he attempted suicide, and how he
recovered from the hospital drugs. You can ignore the many pages of
astrology, song verses, and religeous conversion!
--
Dave W

news

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:09:10 -0000, "Dave W" wrote:

For added entertainment, Google still has an html version of his book in its
cache - the green subheading under "THE MAN WHO CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD"

Now bugger that : I've paid good money for that damn good read - and now you
tell me I needn't have done.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does anyone
have his phone number?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does
anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years, to be
honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:51:45 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does
anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years, to be
honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

Agreed, he's always been odd, but he's now completely bonkers. More so than you even.

--
H lp! S m b d st l ll th v w ls fr m m k yb rd!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/01/2017 18:51, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very much
hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years, to be
honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bm" wrote in message
web.com...
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

he seemed a nice but troubled chap......I friended him on faceplook for a
time.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

From what he said, he had a rather serious medical problem. Feeling like you're on a ferry 24/7 must really **** you up.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years, to be
honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

He's a simpleton, but nice enough.

--
19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that christmas decorations were chocolate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does
anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many
years, to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a
cyclist that is.

Agreed, he's always been odd, but he's now completely bonkers. More
so than you even.

We both have homes that are paid for.
We both have decent cars.
Just what do you have?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"bm" wrote in message
web.com...
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

he seemed a nice but troubled chap......I friended him on faceplook
for a time.......

Facebook is for lonely pillocks with no life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does
anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many
years, to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a
cyclist that is.

Agreed, he's always been odd, but he's now completely bonkers. More
so than you even.

We both have homes that are paid for.
We both have decent cars.
Just what do you have?

You are older than me, had you paid for your home at my age?

--
User has insufficient intelligence to complete this task, please insert a new user.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:52:27 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"bm" wrote in message
web.com...
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

he seemed a nice but troubled chap......I friended him on faceplook
for a time.......

Facebook is for lonely pillocks with no life.

Someone you worship is on there all the time.

--
War is god's way of teaching Americans geography -- Ambrose Bierce
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very much
hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Don’t agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years, to
be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2017 20:48, Rod Speed wrote:
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very
much hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Don’t agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years,
to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

Agreed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/01/2017 20:48, Rod Speed wrote:
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very
much hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Don’t agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

It can be, I agree.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

Apart from anything else, it must have been pretty traumatic for the
lorry driver who hit him.

It did cure his perpetual motion sickness, though.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years,
to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very much
hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Don’t agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

It can be, I agree.

Even if you decide you have had a very decent
life and have decided that life as a geriatric with
significant health problems is worse than death.

I certainly wont be hanging around if I can't feed myself,
wipe my arse or even just move around conveniently.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

Apart from anything else, it must have been pretty traumatic for the lorry
driver who hit him.

Yeah, utterly stupid from that point of view alone IMO.

It did cure his perpetual motion sickness, though.

But we will never know if that is what fixed that.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years,
to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that
is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 09:40, Rod Speed wrote:

I certainly wont be hanging around if I can't feed myself,
wipe my arse or even just move around conveniently.

You may not be capable of carrying out that intention in those
circumstances. The issue that has been debated several times now in UK
courts is whether someone ought to be allowed to help you.

Some people are committing suicide long before they have reached the
dire straits you outlined, simply because they are worried that nobody
will help them when the time comes.

OTOH, look at Holland, where euthanasia seems to be frighteningly common.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

The last I can see was on the 19th.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 20:40:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

GB wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

[...]

I think it was God who fixed it - "God moves in a mysterious ways; His wonders
to perform; He plans His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm."

Amen

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 12:59, Judith wrote:

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does anyone
have his phone number?

Yes

Phone him and ask him if he's still alive?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 27 January 2017 13:24:05 UTC, GB wrote:
On 27/01/2017 12:59, Judith wrote:

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does anyone
have his phone number?

Yes

Phone him and ask him if he's still alive?

What if he says he isn't alive ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

Wow. £34K in the hole

That level of personal debt seems pretty much par for the course these
days:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ins-borrowing-
binge-continues-credit-growth-hits-11-year/

Personally, I think it's crazy, but then I paid off my 25-yr mortgage
after 8 years and have no card balances or loans. I just don't like
being in debt.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 13:02:36 -0000, Judith wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 20:40:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

GB wrote
Rod Speed wrote
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

[...]

Don't encourage him.

--
I am sorry I offended you - I should have lied.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 09:27:38 -0000, GB wrote:

On 26/01/2017 20:48, Rod Speed wrote:
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very
much hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Dont agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

It can be, I agree.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

Apart from anything else, it must have been pretty traumatic for the
lorry driver who hit him.

If Simon had succeeded, that wouldn't be of Simon's concern.

It did cure his perpetual motion sickness, though.

I thought drugs in the hospital did that? Probably the ones that have made him even more crazy than he was.

I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many years,
to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a cyclist that is.

He seems a decent enough guy, if slightly eccentric, and I certainly
wouldn't wish him any harm. Although people complain about his posts,
nobody is forced to read his stuff or reply to it.

--
When your pet bird sees you reading the newspaper, does it wonder why you're sitting there staring at carpeting?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address. Does
anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many
years, to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a
cyclist that is.

Agreed, he's always been odd, but he's now completely bonkers. More
so than you even.

We both have homes that are paid for.
We both have decent cars.
Just what do you have?

You are older than me, had you paid for your home at my age?

Yes.
All that was required to do this was Very hard work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

And being healthy enough to do so.

--
Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - "This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I certainly wont be hanging around if I can't feed myself,
wipe my arse or even just move around conveniently.

You may not be capable of carrying out that intention in those
circumstances.

Unlikely. Its easy enough to drink some nembutal. And
not hard to ensure you have some when you need it.

The issue that has been debated several times now in UK courts is whether
someone ought to be allowed to help you.

Sure, but easy enough to ensure that you don’t need anyone to help you.

Some people are committing suicide long before they have reached the dire
straits you outlined, simply because they are worried that nobody will
help them when the time comes.

Sure, but that is a very viable approach too.

OTOH, look at Holland, where euthanasia seems to be frighteningly common.

Don’t agree about the frighteningly. Everyone has to die
sometime and it isnt surprising that quite a few have enough
sense to pull the plug instead of doing nothing and dying
badly. I certainly wont be doing it like that if I can avoid it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a
chunk of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off
the £60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

You are the nut who has for many years been calling other people wimps.
Tough Guy no. 1265 my backside.

OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 6 December 1st 16 02:59 PM
OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 21 November 30th 16 07:15 PM
Robot mason [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 15th 16 02:27 AM
For Dr. Mason Richard[_9_] Woodworking 1 April 5th 13 04:22 PM
mason jars... shellac... Silvan Woodworking 43 December 25th 04 02:32 PM