Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Mason tried it again?

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2017-01-27, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

Wow. £34K in the hole

That level of personal debt seems pretty much par for the course these
days:

Jesus. I don't know how they sleep at night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ins-borrowing-
binge-continues-credit-growth-hits-11-year/

Personally, I think it's crazy,

Me too.

but then I paid off my 25-yr mortgage
after 8 years and have no card balances or loans. I just don't like
being in debt.

Me neither. Current outstanding debt? Nil.

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

There are not many of us left.

This should be compulsory reading;

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.
Very unfair to those who have a modicum of sense and responsibility.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 18:15, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.

How?

Very unfair to those who have a modicum of sense and responsibility.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 18:15, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on
credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a
chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.

How?

Dunno the details but a friend had £50k written off.

Very unfair to those who have a modicum of sense and responsibility.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 18:22, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 18:15, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on
credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a
chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.

How?

Dunno the details but a friend had £50k written off.

Did your friend own a house and have a substantial income?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

Martin Lewis (Mr MoneySavingExpert) irritates me beyond belief with his
smugness, but his "mantra" works for me.

Do I need it?
Can I afford it?
Will I use it?
Is it worth it?

This should be compulsory reading;

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

Ta. Bookmarked for reading later.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being skint
and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention seeking.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 18:22, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
On 27/01/2017 18:15, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on
credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a
chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.

How?

Dunno the details but a friend had £50k written off.

Did your friend own a house and have a substantial income?

The mortgage company owned the house, income wasn't great, he just spent
money like water and bought whatever the hell he fancied.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/01/2017 18:34, bm wrote:
"GB" wrote in message
news
"GB" wrote in message
news On 27/01/2017 17:45, Huge wrote:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on
credit.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a
chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Nah, he'll get the majority of it written off.

How?

Dunno the details but a friend had £50k written off.

Did your friend own a house and have a substantial income?

The mortgage company owned the house, income wasn't great, he just spent
money like water and bought whatever the hell he fancied.

That's how your friend got so much written off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being
skint and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention
seeking.

Tim

The whole thing is a wind up and always has been.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 18:09:20 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 16:56:09 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:49:59 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:51:45 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
GB wrote:
On 26/01/2017 16:17, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:35:55 UTC, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

He was still on UK DIY on the 24th

He's posted enough info about himself. His name and address.
Does anyone have his phone number?

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.
I've been sparing words with him on the cycling group for many
years, to be honest he was quite sane then. Apart from being a
cyclist that is.

Agreed, he's always been odd, but he's now completely bonkers. More so
than you even.

We both have homes that are paid for.
We both have decent cars.
Just what do you have?

You are older than me, had you paid for your home at my age?

Yes.
All that was required to do this was Very hard work.

And being healthy enough to do so.

You are the nut who has for many years been calling other people wimps.
Tough Guy no. 1265 my backside.

An illness is nothing to do with wimps.

--
I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted the woman to her husband.
The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I asked you to marry me!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being
skint and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention
seeking.

Tim

The whole thing is a wind up and always has been.

He is not that clever or evil.

--
Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field towards each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35mph. The brakes decelerate each train at the rate of 1.0 m/s2. Is there a collision? What distance do the trains need to allow between them to stop at this deceleration? What deceleration do the two trains need to have to stop in exactly a distance of 938m?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/01/2017 18:31, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

Martin Lewis (Mr MoneySavingExpert) irritates me beyond belief with his
smugness,

£87 million from Moneysupermarket... That's why he is so smug

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being
skint and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention
seeking.

Tim

The whole thing is a wind up and always has been.

He is not that clever or evil.

He actually is that clever/cunning.
What has evil got to do with anything?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

You fooled nobody, Lazy Guy.
Your attempts to sponge money out of the nation did not work.
You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being
skint and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention
seeking.

Tim

The whole thing is a wind up and always has been.

He is not that clever or evil.

He actually is that clever/cunning.

Provide evidence Simon is clever.

What has evil got to do with anything?

You'd have to evil to fake a suicide just for a trolling session.

--
Seen in a health food sto
Shoplifters will be beaten over the head with an organic carrot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

Just because an illness doesn't have a name doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against any rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot more of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

--
What do you call an aerobics instructor who doesn't cause pain & agony?
Unemployed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

I rather think it does.
Are you now saying that you are unique?

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against any
rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

You told me and the disability people (I can't remember the name) that you
were too ill to work.
You said that because you could walk through the door, they ****ed you off.
Then you went on holiday!!!!!!!!!
You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot more
of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

Do you think medical science has discovered everything?

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against any
rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

You told me and the disability people (I can't remember the name) that you
were too ill to work.
You said that because you could walk through the door, they ****ed you off.
Then you went on holiday!!!!!!!!!

How is a holiday as difficult as work?

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot more
of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

--
The dress doesn't make you look fat. It's that ice cream and chocolate you eat that makes you look fat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

If you are very very very ill you can't go on holiday.
But, you were not ill. You were trying it on.

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

Dunno.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot more
of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

No, there are many people with unknown illnesses.

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against any
rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

You told me and the disability people (I can't remember the name)
that you were too ill to work.
You said that because you could walk through the door, they ****ed
you off. Then you went on holiday!!!!!!!!!

How is a holiday as difficult as work?

If you are very very very ill you can't go on holiday.

You can be ill enough not to work, but can manage a holiday.

But, you were not ill. You were trying it on.

Wrong.

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

Dunno.

So you're guessing.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot more
of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

You sound very much like a grasser to me.

--
A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

Just how many?
Cite?

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against
any rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

You told me and the disability people (I can't remember the name)
that you were too ill to work.
You said that because you could walk through the door, they ****ed
you off. Then you went on holiday!!!!!!!!!

How is a holiday as difficult as work?

If you are very very very ill you can't go on holiday.

You can be ill enough not to work, but can manage a holiday.

Nope.
A holiday can't be "managed" if you are very very very ill.
Which you were not.

But, you were not ill. You were trying it on.

Wrong.

Nar. You looked at your options and worked out that a life on the dole with
disability and your dad sending you money was better than working.
I know you did.

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

Dunno.

So you're guessing.

You were quite bitter

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot
more of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

You sound very much like a grasser to me.

Oh, perhaps was the lady next door?
Perhaps it was me?
Perhaps it it was the person who reported you about your parrots?
Perhaps it was the person who reported you about your cats?
Perhaps it was ......................

"Off course it is a retraction. I said I took your word. I made a mistake,
this because the only two people I told I trust equally, so I was confused.
I can't believe she did it either. Perhaps she mentioned it in passing to
someone and they grassed"
(Peter Hucker - 7/12/14)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

The exact number is irrelevant.

You even went on holiday whilst you were trying it on.
You got caught and blamed somebody whose name I will not mention.

I have not been caught doing any such thing. It is not against
any rules to go on holiday while claiming benefits.

You told me and the disability people (I can't remember the name)
that you were too ill to work.
You said that because you could walk through the door, they ****ed
you off. Then you went on holiday!!!!!!!!!

How is a holiday as difficult as work?

If you are very very very ill you can't go on holiday.

You can be ill enough not to work, but can manage a holiday.

Nope.
A holiday can't be "managed" if you are very very very ill.
Which you were not.

You can be ill enough not to work but go on holiday. A holiday is easier than work.

But, you were not ill. You were trying it on.

Wrong.

Nar. You looked at your options and worked out that a life on the dole with
disability and your dad sending you money was better than working.
I know you did.

You're assuming I did that because it's what you would do.

No, mildly irritated at someone being such a grassing ****. So why did you do it?

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot
more of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

You sound very much like a grasser to me.

Oh, perhaps was the lady next door?

The next door people are much nicer than you.

Perhaps it was me?

Probably. You're bitter because you've worked hard all your life, the best you can do, at **** poor ****e jobs which need no qualifications. I quote you when you once said that anyone can do your fire job.

Who knows. The world is full of ****s.

"Off course it is a retraction. I said I took your word. I made a mistake,
this because the only two people I told I trust equally, so I was confused.
I can't believe she did it either. Perhaps she mentioned it in passing to
someone and they grassed"
(Peter Hucker - 7/12/14)

You are the most likely.

--
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. -- Doug McLeod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

Take guess then?

[...]

Yeah, sure.

Nope, I have never been a ******.

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

Dunno.

So you're guessing.

You were quite bitter

No, mildly irritated at someone being such a grassing ****. So why
did you do it?

I did not know that you were on holiday whilst trying to bleed the state of
even more money.
It was not me.
I duuno who it was, but I do know who you blamed.

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot
more of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

You sound very much like a grasser to me.

Oh, perhaps was the lady next door?

The next door people are much nicer than you.

You don't know me.

Perhaps it was me?

Probably. You're bitter because you've worked hard all your life,
the best you can do, at **** poor ****e jobs which need no
qualifications. I quote you when you once said that anyone can do
your fire job.

I just happen to have C&G Heating & Ventilation - hear that Bod?
I'm not bitter, I just enjoy taking the **** out of you............
everybody here does that.
I have a few qualifications which have done me well. You have usless ****
all degree. If it was worth anything you would not be a **** all delivery
boy for Betterware.
How can a man with a degree end living in a ********, no hot water and no
woman?
I own my own home, I have enough money to buy your hovel cash.

Perhaps it it was the person who reported you about your parrots?
Perhaps it was the person who reported you about your cats?
Perhaps it was ......................

Who knows. The world is full of ****s.

"Off course it is a retraction. I said I took your word. I made a
mistake, this because the only two people I told I trust equally, so
I was confused. I can't believe she did it either. Perhaps she
mentioned it in passing to someone and they grassed"
(Peter Hucker - 7/12/14)

You are the most likely.

Pillock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

In the UK, probably 20K.

[...]

What causes you not to believe me?

Nar. You looked at your options and worked out that a life on the
dole with disability and your dad sending you money was better than
working. I know you did.

You're assuming I did that because it's what you would do.

Nope, I have never been a ******.

About two years ago you changed. You used to be friends with me, Bod, and PMD, now you treat us all like any other tosser in the newsgroups. You are not the same person I would have trusted.

You told me that you were "grassed up".
You were quite bitter about this.

The grassing up did nothing.

Dunno.

So you're guessing.

You were quite bitter

No, mildly irritated at someone being such a grassing ****. So why
did you do it?

I did not know that you were on holiday whilst trying to bleed the state of
even more money.
It was not me.
I duuno who it was, but I do know who you blamed.

I cannot remember who I blamed!

And if you're talking about who I think you are, she does a lot
more of that than me, claiming "depression" as an illness.

You think wrong.

Then it must have been you.

Oh for ****s sake Mr Hucker!

You sound very much like a grasser to me.

Oh, perhaps was the lady next door?

The next door people are much nicer than you.

You don't know me.

I used to, until you went potty.

I'm referring to the fire extinguisher job. You once said I should take up such a job, and told me it was **** easy and anyone could do it.

I'm not bitter, I just enjoy taking the **** out of you............
everybody here does that.

Just as many take the **** out of you.

I have a few qualifications which have done me well.

What qualifications were required to drive a taxi or hang up fire extinguishers?

You have usless **** all degree.

My degree most likely got me both full time jobs I've had. Wrong degree, but people with *a* degree are more likely to get certain jobs. In fact my first job I got because of the degree - I was applying for an electronics job which required such a degree. My colleague got it instead, because he had some experience working in a similar post. But I got another post they were thinking about and had not yet advertised.

If it was worth anything you would not be a **** all delivery
boy for Betterware.

I do that job because it's all I can do with my illness. I cannot work 9-5 because sometimes I cannot get out of bed. I need flexible hours.

How can a man with a degree end living in a ********,

I live in a semi detached house just like you.

no hot water

I removed the tank because I hadn't used it in 15 years. The shower heats its own water. The dishwasher heats its own water. The washing machine heats its own water. I need hot water for no other reason.

and no woman?

That's because I'm ugly.

I own my own home, I have enough money to buy your hovel cash.

Then why have you driven a Micra all these years?

--
Having swallowed the most amount of semen ever officially recorded Michelle Monaghan had 1.7 pints (0.96 liter) of semen pumped out of her stomach in Los Angeles in July 1991.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-01-27, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Huge
escribió:

Wow. £34K in the hole

That level of personal debt seems pretty much par for the course these
days:

Jesus. I don't know how they sleep at night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ins-borrowing-
binge-continues-credit-growth-hits-11-year/

Personally, I think it's crazy,

Me too.

but then I paid off my 25-yr mortgage
after 8 years and have no card balances or loans. I just don't like
being in debt.

Me neither. Current outstanding debt? Nil.

If you don't have the money to buy 'X',
you either save it up or you can't afford it.

Just not feasible for most with houses.

And doesnt make sense with plenty of small business either.

This should be compulsory reading;

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

Just more mindless silly stuff with houses and small business.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote
Huge wrote

If you don't have the money to buy 'X', you either save it up or you
can't afford it.

He's buying a £35k car. £5k deposit already paid, and the rest on credit.

At zero interest.

He really does need to get a job, because he's already spent quite a chunk
of the money he'll be earning. If he can get a job, he can pay off the
£60k debt in a reasonable time, though.

Still stupid to be buying that steaming turd with wheels with it tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
JoeJoe escribió:

£87 million from Moneysupermarket... That's why he is so smug

Aye. He saw them coming.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being skint
and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention seeking.

Tim

I think you should realise that the pension pot does not actually exist now -
as you can see he has started taking it as a pension. He has left it in to
give him a feeling of extra security.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be spending £30,000
on a brand new car : particularly when I had already spent a not insignificant
amount on my existing car.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:15:33 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 09:27:38 -0000, GB wrote:

On 26/01/2017 20:48, Rod Speed wrote:
GB wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

He seems to have gone off the rails after his suicide attempt.

It was a really serious attempt. Very nearly successful. So, I very
much hope that he was off the rails before he tried that!

Don’t agree with that at all. Some suicide is completely
rational and the sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

It can be, I agree.

The method he chose to use tho was completely stupid.

Apart from anything else, it must have been pretty traumatic for the
lorry driver who hit him.

If Simon had succeeded, that wouldn't be of Simon's concern.

It did cure his perpetual motion sickness, though.

I thought drugs in the hospital did that?

You haven't been listening have you:

He had MdDS: there is no known cure.

He is one of the few people on earth who has been cured of it : and it was an
act of God.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On 2017-01-26, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 00:35:56 -0000, "bm" wrote:

Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

I think he was so embarrassed after he posted his finances
spread-sheet

Damn, I missed that. Is it still about?

http://swldxer.co.uk/skint.jpg

Wow. £34K in the hole. How does he sleep nights?

Not quite sure what everyone is fussing about. He's far from being skint
and I assumed that his post was an ironic bit of attention seeking.

I think you should realise that the pension pot does not actually
exist now - as you can see he has started taking it as a pension.
He has left it in to give him a feeling of extra security.

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo

He is better off that quite a few.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:09:13 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

He didn't get more than half a million as he claimed: I suspect he is quite
embarrassed now,

He took a lump sum of £108,000 to pay off his house.

He took a pension with the residue.

He no longer has that money.

He has an income of about £15,000 and owes £34,000

I trust he does not mind us discussing his financial arrangements : after all,
I assume that is why he posted them here for all to see and talk about.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

Assuming he takes any one of the many jobs he has been "offered".

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

[...]

So what were the drugs he was put on that he said were difficult to get off?

He is one of the few people on earth who has been cured of it : and it was an
act of God.

ROFL!

--
Patient: Doctor, I think I need glasses.
Madam: I think so, too. This is a brothel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2017 00:35, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Just been located doing 140mph - somewhere foreign
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2017 15:51, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 26/01/2017 00:35, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Just been located doing 140mph - somewhere foreign

A link is probably useful - oops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iANOXqQfY

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

Judith wrote
Rod Speed wrote

As I recall, it isnt that black and white. He got PART
of it as a lump sum and part of it as a pension.

He didn't get more than half a million as he claimed:

You have no way of knowing what he got.

I suspect he is quite embarrassed now,

He took a lump sum of £108,000 to pay off his house.

He took a pension with the residue.

You don't know that.

He no longer has that money.

Or that either.

He has an income of about £15,000

Or that either. You don't even know which job
he ended up with, let alone how much it pays.

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels.

I trust he does not mind us discussing his financial arrangements :
after all, I assume that is why he posted them here for all to see

Yes.

and talk about.

You don't know that either.

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending £30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

But he does plan to start working again for other reasons.

Assuming he takes any one of the many jobs he has been "offered".

Rather unlikely he would bother looking/applying for one if he didn't plan
to.

Corse he might end up with a recurrence of that medical
problem too or just have a melt down between the ears
that has seen him grovel to some god or other too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 09:18:00 UTC, Judith wrote:

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be spending Å30,000
on a brand new car : particularly when I had already spent a not insignificant
amount on my existing car.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo

I have another interview in Immmingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec UKP 22000.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2017 00:35, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Just been located doing 140mph - somewhere foreign

A link is probably useful - oops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iANOXqQfY

I was late for the ferry, so had to do 450 miles in 7 hours, Colditz - Europoort.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 6 December 1st 16 02:59 PM
OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 21 November 30th 16 07:15 PM
Robot mason [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 15th 16 02:27 AM
For Dr. Mason Richard[_9_] Woodworking 1 April 5th 13 04:22 PM
mason jars... shellac... Silvan Woodworking 43 December 25th 04 02:32 PM