Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has Mason tried it again?

On 28/01/2017 17:04, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

You will be paying tax on the pension and a large part of the salary.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet wrote

Just been located doing 140mph - somewhere foreign

Near Halle/Leipzig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iANOXqQfY

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 17:17:05 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/01/2017 17:04, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

You will be paying tax on the pension and a large part of the salary.

Still be out of 40% bracket though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 28/01/2017 16:55, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 09:18:00 UTC, Judith wrote:

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be
spending L30,000 on a brand new car : particularly when I had
already spent a not insignificant amount on my existing car.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo

I have another interview in Immmingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec
UKP 22000.

Good luck.

Yes.
Simon, employers do not like it when the job applicant knows more than they
do.
They can see you as a threat. I would.
Cool it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:09:13 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message

Welcome to urc Rod. I see you've already met Judith.
You're going to fit in just fine here.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 21:46:33 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yes.
Simon, employers do not like it when the job applicant knows more than they
do.
They can see you as a threat. I would.
Cool it.

Someone who is knocking 60 is not a long term threat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 09:04:00 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

But of course you have to find a new job paying you 18,000 pounds a year net :
that'll be about £23,000.

Have you accepted one of the many offers made to you at that salary yet?

A pension of gross £16692 does not give an income of £1,500 per month - it
gives you £1,400 : and then you will pay tax on it - you will finish up with
about £1200 per calendar month.

So looks like you are 300 quid a month short already

I suggest you do your calculations again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:22:35 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 17:17:05 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/01/2017 17:04, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

You will be paying tax on the pension and a large part of the salary.

Still be out of 40% bracket though.

Relevance : nil.

You need to do your calculations again allowing for tax and NI

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 08:55:57 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 09:18:00 UTC, Judith wrote:

I think if that was my financial circumstance, I would not be spending ?30,000
on a brand new car : particularly when I had already spent a not insignificant
amount on my existing car.

It is probably so that his neighbours can see that he is "loaded".

For some reason he needs to believe that he is better off than Yo

I have another interview in Immmingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec UKP 22000.

But what happened about the job where you went for the interview before
Christmas. You know, the one you knew that you had got when the interviewer
said "Look forward to seeing you again"
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:51:33 +0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

On 26/01/2017 00:35, bm wrote:
Silly sod. Lets hope the emergency services bill him properly.
That watch might be a godsend.

Just been located doing 140mph - somewhere foreign

Perhaps someone ought to pop round to his house and make sure it has not been
broken in to yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On 29/01/2017 10:51, Judith wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 16:26:35 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

and owes £34,000

Which is only a couple of years and he could well
be earning rather more than that if he got the job
he prefers. And given that he can live on the pension,
there is no reason why that job income can't be used
to pay for the new steaming turd with wheels

Pension 1500pcm + 1500pcm new job = 3000.

3000 x 48 months = 144000

144000 - cc32000- 27000car = 85000.

£3,000 a month (£1500 pension and £1500 earnings) will net to about
£2515 after 20% tax on everything over £11,000 (the current tax free
allowance) and 12% (the increase from 10% is Brown's legacy) in National
Insurance on the £1500 earnings.

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

But of course you have to find a new job paying you 18,000 pounds a year net :
that'll be about £23,000.

True.

My estimate above is based on £1500 a month (£18,000 a year) gross, not net.

Have you accepted one of the many offers made to you at that salary yet?

A pension of gross £16692 does not give an income of £1,500 per month - it
gives you £1,400 : and then you will pay tax on it - you will finish up with
about £1200 per calendar month.

If the only income were £16692 pension, that would attract income tax of
about £1140, reducing the income to about £1295 a month.

It really isn't easy for someone who has earned somewhere around the
national average wage to get as much as £3,000 a month in retirement.

But then, if they have managed their finances reasonably wisely during
their working years (and crucially, have no housing debt and maybe
something in the second half of five figures in rainy day savings),
£2,000 a month works very well. Even £1500 a month works well, since it
is more than the averag working Joe has to spend after meeting today's
horrific mortgage payments.

So looks like you are 300 quid a month short already

I suggest you do your calculations again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On 29/01/2017 12:18, JNugent wrote:

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

Its not that good.
We will have more if we ever get to get a state pension.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On 29/01/2017 13:27, dennis@home wrote:

On 29/01/2017 12:18, JNugent wrote:

Even so, £2515 a month is a pretty ood income in retirement if the
mortgage is paid off and there are no housing costs other than
maintenance and insurance.

Its not that good.
We will have more if we ever get to get a state pension.

Well done.

You too must have a Big Pension Pot [TM].
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 10:58:06 UTC, Judith wrote:

I have another interview in Immingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec UKP 22000.

But what happened about the job where you went for the interview before
Christmas. You know, the one you knew that you had got when the interviewer
said "Look forward to seeing you again"

Just seen my ex-BP workmate mate who now works at Smith and Nephew and he is on UKP 3000 disposable as well. He has a 66 plate Fiesta though and I gave his son a UKP 2000 bike I don't use anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 10:51:56 UTC, Judith wrote:

A pension of gross £16692 does not give an income of £1,500 per month - it
gives you £1,400 : and then you will pay tax on it - you will finish up with
about £1200 per calendar month.

So looks like you are 300 quid a month short already

I suggest you do your calculations again.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

Default Simon Mason really lost the plot

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 05:49:26 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 10:58:06 UTC, Judith wrote:

I have another interview in Immingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec UKP 22000.

But what happened about the job where you went for the interview before
Christmas. You know, the one you knew that you had got when the interviewer
said "Look forward to seeing you again"

Just seen my ex-BP workmate mate who now works at Smith and Nephew and he is on UKP 3000 disposable as well.

As well as who?

And the answer to the question about the job offered to you was?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:25:50 +0000, Judith posted:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising
such a letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think
that.

That's a good fellow, re-posting the url in its entirety and for good
measure in a spread of un-related newsgroups.

Ever so helpful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

On 29/01/2017 17:25, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

It would be a pity if anyone brought that to the notice of Nathan, and
told him of Simon's mental state and failed suicide attempt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:25:50 -0000, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

What's daft about it?

--
Please tell your pants it's not polite to point.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

"Judith" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising
such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

brian reay would love simon .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

"Judith" wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

WTF is wrong with you? You are one sad piece of **** to be stalking Simon
like this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 10:58:06 UTC, Judith wrote:

I have another interview in Immingham at 1100h 31JAN17 for Inspec UKP 22000.

But what happened about the job where you went for the interview before
Christmas. You know, the one you knew that you had got when the interviewer
said "Look forward to seeing you again"

Just seen my ex-BP workmate mate who now works at Smith and Nephew and he is on UKP 3000 disposable as well.

As well as who?

And the answer to the question about the job offered to you was?

Dunno - my Karoo e-mail has been cut off as I did not pay my bill.
Should be able to pay it in the morning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

"Richard" wrote in message
news
"Judith" wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising
such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

WTF is wrong with you? You are one sad piece of **** to be stalking Simon
like this.

just like brian reay....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

"Judith" wrote in message

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

WTF is wrong with you? You are one sad piece of **** to be stalking Simon
like this.

===

He has been doing it for years. He even tried to cause trouble for him at
the company he was working for and turned up at their Big Meeting to do so
personally. (sorry can't remember what the meeting was called.)

I heard about it years ago from Simon before he became ill.

Simon will tell you if you ask.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:45:27 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:25:50 -0000, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

What's daft about it?

An interesting question: the asking of which puts you in the same category as
Mason : ****ing stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:33:43 -0000, "Ophelia" wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message news
"Judith" wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

WTF is wrong with you? You are one sad piece of **** to be stalking Simon
like this.

===

He has been doing it for years. He even tried to cause trouble for him at
the company he was working for and turned up at their Big Meeting to do so
personally. (sorry can't remember what the meeting was called.)

I heard about it years ago from Simon before he became ill.

Simon will tell you if you ask.

It was the BP AGM you are talking about.

Three people who did not know each other said that they would buy a single BP
share each so that they could attend the BP AGM and dob Mason in (his phrase)
over dishonesty at BP Chemicals.

They apparently attended the BP Shareholder meeting and addressed the gathered
shareholders to complain about Mason.

Some people believed the story.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:25:50 -0000, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason

snip

The only thing I can see wrong is it gives grassing ****s like you more information. That's YOU in the wrong, not him.

--
The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officious idiots.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

dennis@home wrote
JNugent wrote

Bull****. That’s plenty if the mortgage is paid off and there
are no housing costs other than maintenance and insurance.

We will have more if we ever get to get a state pension.

Irrelevant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 18:57:28 UTC, Judith wrote:

Three people who did not know each other said that they would buy a single BP
share each so that they could attend the BP AGM and dob Mason in (his phrase)
over dishonesty at BP Chemicals.

They apparently attended the BP Shareholder meeting and addressed the gathered
shareholders to complain about Mason.

Some people believed the story.

This was at the time of the Gulf spill, so you had no chance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:04:56 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 18:57:28 UTC, Judith wrote:

Three people who did not know each other said that they would buy a single BP
share each so that they could attend the BP AGM and dob Mason in (his phrase)
over dishonesty at BP Chemicals.

They apparently attended the BP Shareholder meeting and addressed the gathered
shareholders to complain about Mason.

Some people believed the story.

This was at the time of the Gulf spill, so you had no chance.

So in one post you say there was no chance of raising the issue : and in
another you name the BP personnel guy who told you about it.

You're not fibbing are you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:25:50 -0000, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 06:21:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/immingham.jpg

I am sorry Simon : but you must be just plain ****ing daft publicising such a
letter on a newsgroup: I doubt if I am the only one to think that.

You really do need to seek some medical/mental help.

For a start: I suggest that you tell your wife and daughters that you have
posted that letter - and just see what they say to you.

HTH

What's daft about it?

An interesting question: the asking of which puts you in the same category as
Mason : ****ing stupid.

You didn't answer his question, Judith.

OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 6 December 1st 16 02:59 PM
OT : Simon Mason James Wilkinson Sword UK diy 21 November 30th 16 07:15 PM
Robot mason [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 15th 16 02:27 AM
For Dr. Mason Richard[_9_] Woodworking 1 April 5th 13 04:22 PM
mason jars... shellac... Silvan Woodworking 43 December 25th 04 02:32 PM