Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weathershield paint on interiors

What about using weathershield exterior paint on interior window surrounds
that are exposed to a lot of sun? Would the paint set properly and last longer
than interior paint?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1182081-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/17 07:44, Karen Grace wrote:
What about using weathershield exterior paint on interior window surrounds
that are exposed to a lot of sun? Would the paint set properly and last
longer
than interior paint?

Depends on how much rain you are getting in your living room.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 8 January 2017 05:44:07 UTC, Karen Grace wrote:
What about using weathershield exterior paint on interior window surrounds
that are exposed to a lot of sun? Would the paint set properly and last longer
than interior paint?

I looked into that years ago. Some outdoor paint is too toxic for indoor use.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know one thing, on the front of my house even outdoor gloss seems to crack
in a couple of years no matter how well the preparation was. Maybe I should
use a differentcolour to black. I thought of getting it all taken off and
trying white instead. Does anyone know if its the black colour that makes it
crack in the sun?
As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the condensation on
the window sill of my spare room....
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Karen Grace" m wrote in
message ...
What about using weathershield exterior paint on interior window surrounds
that are exposed to a lot of sun? Would the paint set properly and last
longer
than interior paint?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1182081-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 11:52, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the condensation on
the window sill of my spare room....
Brian

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Thirty five quid from Argos
The quick and easy way to streak-free windows, in a lightweight and
compact package. This rechargeable handheld vac has a powerful battery
that can clean up to 54 windows in just one charge, as well as mirrors,
tiles, shower screens and even spills on floors and worktops.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Upto 54 windows....
Is that from the murketing perchance?

No, if it was from the marketing bumph, it'd say
"Up to 54 windows, or more".

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

alan_m Wrote in message:
On 08/01/2017 11:52, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the condensation on
the window sill of my spare room....
Brian

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Thirty five quid from Argos
The quick and easy way to streak-free windows, in a lightweight and
compact package. This rechargeable handheld vac has a powerful battery
that can clean up to 54 windows in just one charge, as well as mirrors,
tiles, shower screens and even spills on floors and worktops.

Upto 54 windows....

Is that from the murketing perchance?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2017 16:33, alan_m wrote:
On 08/01/2017 11:52, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the
condensation on
the window sill of my spare room....
Brian

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Thirty five quid from Argos
The quick and easy way to streak-free windows, in a lightweight and
compact package. This rechargeable handheld vac has a powerful battery
that can clean up to 54 windows in just one charge, as well as mirrors,
tiles, shower screens and even spills on floors and worktops.

+1

Most useful 'toy' I have bought for many years.

And you can use the collected distilled water for
use in irons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 08/01/2017 16:33, alan_m wrote:
On 08/01/2017 11:52, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for indoors, what I need is a little pump to suck up the
condensation on
the window sill of my spare room....
Brian

Karcher WV2 Premium 2nd Generation Window Vacuum Cleaner
Thirty five quid from Argos
The quick and easy way to streak-free windows, in a lightweight and
compact package. This rechargeable handheld vac has a powerful battery
that can clean up to 54 windows in just one charge, as well as mirrors,
tiles, shower screens and even spills on floors and worktops.

+1

Most useful 'toy' I have bought for many years.

And you can use the collected distilled water for
use in irons.

Would you drink it?

It's not "distilled" in the chemical sense, more of a
condensate of anything vapourised that meets the cold glass of
the window & condenses.... That may not necessarily be just
H2O...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----