Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weathershield inside?

On 20 Oct, 19:17, wrote:
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

DEAr nomsh

I can see no reason other that possibly there is a chalking effect
which might possibly result in particles that are not good for you
I suspect this is most unlikely and that there is no reason but the
simplest way is to ask their technical department
I would appreciate knowing the answer!
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"OG" wrote in message

wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

..... is the right answer!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

.... is the right answer!

So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?

Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of fungicides
being in the sofas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

.... is the right answer!

So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?

Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of
fungicides being in the sofas.

Bollox. Yet another scare story, originated by uneducated wingers and hyped
up by the media, who should know better, but don't.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

.... is the right answer!

So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?

Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of
fungicides being in the sofas.

Bollox. Yet another scare story, originated by uneducated wingers and hyped
up by the media, who should know better, but don't.

Oh - how did I miss such a gem ?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 21, 12:33*am, geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

.... is the right answer!

So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?

Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of
fungicides being in the sofas.

Bollox. *Yet another scare story, originated by uneducated wingers and hyped
up by the media, who should know better, but don't.

Oh - how did I miss such a gem ?

--
geoff

obviously the folk in the group never sit at on the sofa, so we missed
this one.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7474621.stm
So what about the fungicide in wallpaper paste?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Oct, 19:17, wrote:
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

Probably no reason, except that you won't get a very good finish.
Which is of less concern outside.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

misterroy wrote:
On Oct 21, 12:33 am, geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

And today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7680797.stm

Perhaps the court case will make it clearer?

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

obviously the folk in the group never sit at on the sofa, so we missed
this one.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7474621.stm
So what about the fungicide in wallpaper paste?- Hide quoted text -

My wife used this by mistake. Luckily, we both saw the
fungicide....BOOM BOOM!

Sorry....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
obviously the folk in the group never sit at on the sofa, so we missed
this one.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7474621.stm
So what about the fungicide in wallpaper paste?- Hide quoted text -

My wife used this by mistake. Luckily, we both saw the
fungicide....BOOM BOOM!

Sorry....

Very good. Worthy of Mr. Pooter himself

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?

I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.

.... is the right answer!

So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?

Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of
fungicides being in the sofas.

Bollox. Yet another scare story, originated by uneducated wingers and
hyped up by the media, who should know better, but don't.

bollox to you.
It is true, not a scare story.
If you see some of the damage you will understand.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
David writes
obviously the folk in the group never sit at on the sofa, so we missed
this one.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7474621.stm
So what about the fungicide in wallpaper paste?- Hide quoted text -

My wife used this by mistake. Luckily, we both saw the
fungicide....BOOM BOOM!

Spores you think that's funny

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to The Medway Handyman, Richard Strang wrote:
My mates mum was very ill last year from fungicides in a new settee

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...de-515222-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry Richard if you were going for the all time record for replying to an outdated post but at 11 years you have missed out we already have one at 15 years old.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes the sad part is that I remember it from the original posts.
I'll shut up now.
However when on Home rip off clubs site I can clearly see the year and date
of a post there, how come most people cannot. Hint I am blind, so one might
expect I'd be the one not to see it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Sorry Richard if you were going for the all time record for replying to an
outdated post but at 11 years you have missed out we already have one at
15 years old.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 30/08/2019 00:00, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Sorry Richard if you were going for the all time record for replying to an outdated post but at 11 years you have missed out we already have one at 15 years old.

:-)

--
Adam

Went inside today... Enoch Root Woodworking 5 April 4th 06 07:11 PM
Inside or Out Woodborg Woodturning 7 November 20th 05 12:28 PM
Where can I buy "Inside Windows" Walter R. Home Repair 1 July 11th 05 05:18 AM
Dulux Weathershield UPVC s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 5 May 19th 05 07:05 AM
Weathershield Primer May UK diy 2 July 21st 03 04:25 PM