Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Weathershield inside?

misterroy wrote:
On Oct 21, 12:33 am, geoff wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes

dennis@home wrote:
wrote in message
I have several tins of Dulux Weathershield (water-based) paint.
On each can it says "This product is for exterior use only"
Why can't I use it inside?
I think it used to include a fungicide to keep it white.
.... is the right answer!
So why should the inclusion of fungicide preclude its use inside?
Have you missed the leather sofa saga unfolding?
People have been hospitalised and maybe killed as a result of
fungicides being in the sofas.
Bollox. Yet another scare story, originated by uneducated wingers and hyped
up by the media, who should know better, but don't.

Oh - how did I miss such a gem ?

--
geoff

obviously the folk in the group never sit at on the sofa, so we missed
this one.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7474621.stm
So what about the fungicide in wallpaper paste?

And today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7680797.stm

Perhaps the court case will make it clearer?

--
Rod

onset.