Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It is starting all over again!!!

The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/16 17:24, DerbyBorn wrote:
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.

And they dont respond to air rifles as well either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.236...
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.

the two I got were very cheap o run they stopped working after about a day
.....i

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in
:

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.236...
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the
centre of the beam should point to the boundary of the property -
which leads to 50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the
Halogen PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about
running times.

the two I got were very cheap o run they stopped working after about a
day ....i

Did they get shot?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in
:

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.236...
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the
centre of the beam should point to the boundary of the property -
which leads to 50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the
Halogen PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about
running times.

the two I got were very cheap o run they stopped working after about
a day ....i

Did they get shot?

No, they were given light duties.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/12/2016 15:24, DerbyBorn wrote:
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.

You never see moths flying around LED lights like you used to see with
good old fashioned tungsten lamps.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes one thing I've noticed since winter nights drew in that in my capacity
of the local blindy, and since so many idiots, I mean residents have drives
across footways with no delineator at their boundaries and a light designed
to show their vehicle based on a pir, that as I wander down the road and
veer into their garden space due to the lack of a little step to guide me,
all the lights down the road come on one after the other and in some cases
windows get tapped in some vague anticipation that this will actually do
anything to aid my guidance at all. Grin.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.236...
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 20:08:24 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 14/12/2016 15:24, DerbyBorn wrote:
The new LED External Floodlights are attracting new people to having
external lighting.
Unfortunately they seem to get fitted by people who think that the centre
of the beam should point to the boundary of the property - which leads to
50% of the light spilling over as annoyance light.
As they are cheap to run - many seem to be on for longer than the Halogen
PIR ones where I think preople were a bit cautious about running times.

You never see moths flying around LED lights like you used to see with
good old fashioned tungsten lamps.

I've noticed that and the old sodium street lights.
I've wonder whether the moths and gnats are attracted to IR/heat rathe rthan light. Maybe I should try with an IR remote see if I can attract moths, hopefully I won't get charged with grooming.

Ah so theres' my 2 packs of Haribo sweets :-)

Its starting....VBG Wes[_5_] Metalworking 13 May 5th 10 10:01 AM
OT Its starting............. William Wixon Metalworking 0 August 7th 09 08:53 PM
Starting Over...What Would You Buy? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 32 September 13th 05 09:31 PM
Starting Over Joatman71 Metalworking 2 July 25th 05 10:17 PM
Starting out... David C. Stone Woodturning 18 June 20th 05 12:19 AM