Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Domestic water hardener?

On 01/12/16 09:27, Bod wrote:
On 01/12/2016 09:21, Rod Speed wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 08:59:21 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 01/12/2016 08:57, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 08:30:59 UTC, Bod wrote:

Already do that and much more.

What do you mean "and much more"? A proper balanced diet gives you
all
that you need. Dark chocolate is a tasty way to get magnesium.

Black coffee from beans, black pudding, red snapper, kale, limes,
coriander, turmeric, lycopene, linseed oil, avocado oil,steak,
pumpkin seeds, beer, ostrich, and sweet potatoes.

Ah! that good old English favourite..... Ostrich.

Oddly enough, the only place you can get it is here.

http://www.thefoodwarehouse.com/

We've got plenty.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ostrich&tbm=isch

What does it taste like, apart from, er, Ostrich?

Bit like dark meat from a turkey crossed with beef, or horse.

It's not bad, but somehow I never went 'gosh wow, I must buy more of that'

Same experience as eating hare. Yes, it's not bad. But I'd rather have
lamb..

OTOH venison is something I regularly buy, as are wild ducks.

An informative description, thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 09:56:49 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 09:13:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 08:30:59 UTC, Bod wrote:

Already do that and much more.

What do you mean "and much more"? A proper balanced diet gives you all
that you need. Dark chocolate is a tasty way to get magnesium.

Black coffee from beans, black pudding, red snapper, kale,
limes, coriander, turmeric, lycopene, linseed oil, avocado oil,
steak, pumpkin seeds, beer, ostrich, and sweet potatoes.

No wonder you had a short circuit between the ears...

I had one in my sauna last night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Whoops!

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic -- Arthur C Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 10:40:08 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 01/12/2016 10:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 10:05:57 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 01/12/2016 09:58, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 09:27:09 UTC, Bod wrote:

We've got plenty.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ostrich&tbm=isch

What does it taste like, apart from, er, Ostrich?

A bit like a goose leg meat but with less fat.

Hmm, I'm still none the wiser because I have never tasted Goose.

Like Duck then.

Ah! thanks, but Rod differs and says it tastes like old boots.

Rod is an imbecile.

--
The female gangbang world record is held by Lisa Sparks who had sex with 919 men on October 16, 2004 in Warsaw, Poland as part of the Third Annual World Gangbang Championship and Eroticon 2004

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/16 16:35, Bod wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 10:40:08 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 01/12/2016 10:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 10:05:57 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 01/12/2016 09:58, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 09:27:09 UTC, Bod wrote:

We've got plenty.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ostrich&tbm=isch

What does it taste like, apart from, er, Ostrich?

A bit like a goose leg meat but with less fat.

Hmm, I'm still none the wiser because I have never tasted Goose.

Like Duck then.

Ah! thanks, but Rod differs and says it tastes like old boots.

Rod is an imbecile.

Agreed.

Australian ostriches do taste like old boots, because that's what
Australians are used to eating. And everyone sees Rod coming because he
hasnt noticed the writing on the T-shirt his only girlfriend bought him
20 years ago just before she left him, that says 'take me for a ride,
its very easy, but I deserve it'

MY ostriches were from S Africa, and from a UK farm...

Very similar tastes as I recall, but, as I said, no real recall at all.
Eating ostrich wasn't massively gourmet, nor was it disgusting. It
was...boring.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:55:45 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 01/12/16 16:35, Bod wrote:
[...]

I have never felt the desire to eat dead things.

--
History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god. -- Giulian Buzila
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/16 16:35, Bod wrote:
[...]

Our Iceland also has squid, rollmops, crocodile and mussels, but I like none of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 09:56:49 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 09:13:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 08:30:59 UTC, Bod wrote:

Already do that and much more.

What do you mean "and much more"? A proper balanced diet gives you all
that you need. Dark chocolate is a tasty way to get magnesium.

Black coffee from beans, black pudding, red snapper, kale,
limes, coriander, turmeric, lycopene, linseed oil, avocado oil,
steak, pumpkin seeds, beer, ostrich, and sweet potatoes.

No wonder you had a short circuit between the ears...

I had one in my sauna last night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic -- Arthur C Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/16 16:35, Bod wrote:
[...]

Rollmops sound like something you clean the floor with.

--
Health and Safety Officer required to start ASAP, circa £35K:
Your main duties will include:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

What on earth for? It's three times cheaper than electricity.

--
Follow your dream! Unless it's the one where you're at work in your underwear during a fire drill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

--
Follow your dream! Unless it's the one where you're at work in your underwear during a fire drill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

What on earth for? It's three times cheaper than electricity.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUikqxXUAAWFAk.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:47:32 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

What on earth for? It's three times cheaper than electricity.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUikqxXUAAWFAk.jpg

Oh, solar panels. At the taxpayer's expense.

--
Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because that is where the leaky septic tank is buried.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

Who's going to know? Anyway it's not rocket science to do a bit of plumbing. And since you can simply switch off the gas valve at the meter, there is precisely zero chance of a leak.

--
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the "Kung Fu Kapers" episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipes battling a master of the Lancastrian martial art "Eckythump", who was armed with a black pudding. After 25 minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments of life so pleasant.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

But you sensibly ignore rules for electricity.

--
Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:55:32 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:47:32 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

What on earth for? It's three times cheaper than electricity.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUikqxXUAAWFAk.jpg

Oh, solar panels. At the taxpayer's expense.

No - I have fallen through the cracks and BG have no record of my electricity account at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:56:37 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

But you sensibly ignore rules for electricity.

I know what I am doing there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:18:57 -0000, wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:55:32 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:47:32 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

What on earth for? It's three times cheaper than electricity.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUikqxXUAAWFAk.jpg

Oh, solar panels. At the taxpayer's expense.

No - I have fallen through the cracks and BG have no record of my electricity account at all.

One day they might find it and bill you for £1000s.

--
Mick and Paddy are reading head stones at a nearby cemetery.
Mick says "Crikey! There's a bloke here who was 152!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:19:43 -0000, wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:56:37 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

But you sensibly ignore rules for electricity.

I know what I am doing there.

Gas is even easier, it's just like water. But you get a warning if it leaks, it smells.

--
I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:19:43 -0000, wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:56:37 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

But you sensibly ignore rules for electricity.

I know what I am doing there.

Why have you lost your name?

--
It's called "Windows XP" because its full name, "The Repair Shop and Help-Desk Full Employment Act of 2006", won't fit on the box.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 7:22:50 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Why have you lost your name?

Had to switch users (ho ho) as I had reached GGs posting limit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 19:27:53 -0000, wrote:

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 7:22:50 PM UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Why have you lost your name?

Had to switch users (ho ho) as I had reached GGs posting limit.

Who or what is GG?

--
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
"When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why have you lost your name?

Had to switch users (ho ho) as I had reached GGs posting limit.

Who or what is GG?

I assume he means Google Groups.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why have you lost your name?

Had to switch users (ho ho) as I had reached GGs posting limit.

Who or what is GG?

I assume he means Google Groups.

Oh, not a proper news server.

--
What's the best thing to get for a woman who has everything?
A man to show her how to work it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/16 22:09, Bert Coules wrote:
I thought it was only artificially softened water that some consider
unhealthy.

The theory is that an excess of sodium ions (as opposed to calcium ones)
in artificially softened water is as had as eating a packet of crisps
every hour, although the amount of sodium in a pint of softened water is
about the same as in one crisp, never mind the whole packet.

i.e. there are three sorts of water:
Naturally soft = no carbonates.
Hard = calcium carbonates.
Softened = sodium carbonates.

I have a fourth:

softened using a reverse osmosis filter and then through ion exchange resin.

Nowt in it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

You'll be soorree...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

That's not right, you are allowed to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

But you sensibly ignore rules for electricity.

I know what I am doing there.

Its even easier with gas when taking out all the gas devices.

Heating Domestic Water Leveled UK diy 11 July 6th 08 10:41 AM
Domestic Hot Water Temperatures? jill UK diy 15 January 10th 08 03:11 PM
Domestic water problem... None UK diy 12 June 21st 07 11:51 PM
Need source for domestic water tank for solar hot water application. carneyke Metalworking 13 March 8th 06 01:28 PM
Worcester 240 - Domestic hot water Richard UK diy 3 December 23rd 03 10:49 AM