Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Domestic water hardener?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:48:01 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:31:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:22:24 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:12 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxrh0mCXgAA2cEs.jpg

Still, it's had a good innings of 10 years.

Wouldn't gas be more economical :-)

I am having all my gas devices taken out, boiler, fire, the lot.

Why don't you take them out yourself?

Not allowed to.

Who's going to know? Anyway it's not rocket science to do a bit of plumbing. And since you can simply switch off the gas valve at the meter, there is precisely zero chance of a leak.

--
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, from King's Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the "Kung Fu Kapers" episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman with his bagpipes battling a master of the Lancastrian martial art "Eckythump", who was armed with a black pudding. After 25 minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure. His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell's final moments of life so pleasant.