Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV radio and internet advertising......

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 07:57:22 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

There are 18.6 million vacant homes in the United States, enough for
every homeless person to have 6 each.

...but...they are all in Detroit

Who'd have thought it? In a predominantly black area, too. Well I never.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But America can move houses: https://youtu.be/20dj5MEmcv4?t=1m52s

--
An ostrichs eye is bigger than its brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
on 21/11/2016, Rod Speed supposed :

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed formulated on Monday :
Is it just me or were we able to tolerate a small amount of
advertising in the past but now the quantity is unacceptible .....

I don't find that, there are still a few ads that are worth watching a
few times.

I agree - never mind the product they are trying to sell - that just
doesn't register with my consciousness, some of them can be quite
amusing.

No idea of the product, but the one with the animals bouncing on the
bouncy thing, whilst the dog looked on, was quite amusing the first few
times.

Yeah, one hell of an ad. Love to know how they did
it, particularly with the boxer and its tongue etc.

CGI, none of the animals are real ones. It is good, but you can just about
tell it is CGI if you look close enough.

that has ruined it for me...tee hee ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:26:41 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:

On Tuesday, 22 November 2016 19:29:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

TELL ME HOW TO CANCEL SKY FROM A HDU BED IN HOSPITAL.

YOU GET SOMEONE WHO YOU KNOW TO DO THAT FOR YOU, STUPID.

I WAS IN AN INDUCED COMA AND COULDN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD, DOB OR POSTCODE.

I'M SURE YOUR WIFE KNOWS ALL THOSE.

--
Paper clips are the larval stage of coat hangers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This can only mean the blacks are not ****ing enough.

--
Five out of four Americans have trouble with fractions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/16 13:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

It wont be long befoire all your news, all yoir 'Nature' programs and
all your soaps are CGI...

...and the snowflakes stay indoors in Islington while the wild Jihadi
gangs roam the streets, airbrushed out...of te BBC ;-)

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:42:16 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 21/11/2016 08:36, Broadback wrote:
On 21/11/2016 08:17, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it just me or were we able to tolerate a small amount of
advertising in
the past but now the quantity is unacceptible .....I personaly turn
the tv
and radio down when ads come on and use ad blockers on the
internet......I
used to wonder why if I searched for a type of car on the internet
adverts
on youtube etc were targeted to me....sick of it all thank god for the
BBC.

Apart from their own adverts, which run on and on!

They only run at the end of a programme though.

I tolerate zero advertising.

--
My sex life is so bad that when I called one of those phone sex lines,
a voice came on and said, "Not tonight. I have an earache."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

[...]

You don't think the games companies could make and sell Virtual Jihad
then?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/16 23:52, Roger Hayter wrote:
[...]

I am sure they could, but it would be banned as politically incorrect.

You know all you can zap are angry birds.

Mind you, I still get a buzz from Cat-a-pult....

let them."