Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone got experience of online estate agents?

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:08:03 -0000, GB wrote:

I can't think of another cost that great associated with moving.

SDLT can be much more, depending on property value.

Wasn't that removed decades ago?

--
Confucius say: "Man who sit on tack get point!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:08:52 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 22:47:39 -0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

I'll just add that I think the prices are bonkers, and it makes life
enormously difficult for younger people, trying to buy somewhere to
live. It's all built on enormous borrowing, with the risk it could unravel.

What's the outlook for house prices? Well, we are due some inflation due
to Brexit, so prices should go up on that score. OTOH, the higher
inflation may entail higher interest rates, which would put downward
pressure on prices. No idea which way it will go.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

What a stupid place to live.

--
You can get by on good looks and charm for about fifteen minutes.
After that, you'd better have a big dick or nice tits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others unless you're really poor?

--
I once got the stuffing beat out of me fighting for a girl's honour.
She wanted to keep it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main
websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

It doesnt buy much out here either.

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Half the SouthEast.

Where have you been living?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Because, sometimes, other people are not like *you*
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main
websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

It doesnt buy much out here either.

To get a mortgage on a £200K flat, you'd need to be earning about £70K a year, are you all bank managers?

--
At Sunday school the teacher asked little Johnny, "Do you know where little boys and girls go when they do bad things?"
"Sure," little Johnny replied. "They go out in the back of the church yard."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Half the SouthEast.

Where have you been living?

Somewhere I don't get ripped off.

--
Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field towards each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35mph. The brakes decelerate each train at the rate of 1.0 m/s2. Is there a collision? What distance do the trains need to allow between them to stop at this deceleration? What deceleration do the two trains need to have to stop in exactly a distance of 938m?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 16:35:43 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Because, sometimes, other people are not like *you*

You share a building when you're in prison. Having your own house is way better.

--
Streakers bewa Your end is in sight!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:17:46 -0000, John Rumm

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 02:08:36 -0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Some agents will do "open house" type viewings like that as well -
especially for places likely to be in high demand... the better ones
will schedule 20 min slots for each set of viewers, but with a 5 min
overlap. That avoids having a negative viewer putting off other buyers,
but still makes each potential buyer "aware" of the other viewers
arriving or leaving etc. Helps shift their expectations from "what is
the lowest offer they are likely to accept for this place?" to "What
will we need to offer to win it from all the other viewers?"

I seem to remember some weird rules about not being allowed to tell one
potential buyer what another has offered. All very strange.

Would you want a company you are dealing with to tell strangers details
of your financial transactions and offers?

They are allowed to tell a prospective buyer that there are already
higher offers under consideration - that's all they need to know really.

I'm referring to if I want to buy your house, them refusing to tell me
if I've made an offer high enough.

They will normally tell you if there are already better offers - they
are just not allowed to tell you exactly what they are. Remember the
agent is working for the seller, not the buyer.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

In which case they should be informing me I have to make a higher offer, so the seller gets more.

--
"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

There is no difference between those.

Me: "I offer £250K"
Them: "Sorry, someone offered more than that, you won't get it."
Me: "£260K"
Them: "That's the best offer so far".

--
"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 21:51:09 -0000, Tim Watts

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 19:14:09 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Murmansk wrote:
My house is in an area where they sell really easily so I'm thinking
of using

https://www.visum.co.uk/Pricing/Sales

All I want is for my house to appear on Rightmove and this seems the
cheapest way to achieve that - once I've found interested buyers I
can do the rest myself.

A bloke about a mile away from me tried something similar.
Nothing happened.

I've seen houses for sale (in decent areas) with just a mobile number on
a home made sign. Not sure where they advertised, but they sold as
quick as any estate agent ones.

Apart from exposure and showing people around (the latter is eminently
DIYable), Estate Agents off nothing else of value.

And the security side of the process (checks, surveys etc) are handled
by others and would be done just the same for a non agent advert - so
really, if you can get the eyeballs on your house and have the time to
show people around and answer the phone, there's no disadvantage.

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts.

Right Move's pricing tends to work on a fixed price per agent for as many
listings as you like

this kind of makes it expensive to advertise a single property

They wont accept listing from individuals anyway, that is why the internet
sellers have sprung up to fill the gap

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:08:03 -0000, GB wrote:

I can't think of another cost that great associated with moving.

SDLT can be much more, depending on property value.

Wasn't that removed decades ago?

Nope. It was reformed a while back to make the different rates apply
marginally rather than on the whole sum, but its still the

https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-t...property-rates

So buy a place for £500K and you will have and extra £15K of stamp duty
to find. (plus probably £1000 to £1500 for legal fees, perhaps £3K - £5K
estate agency, another grand for moving etc, plus any mortgage
arrangement fees etc)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

I was watching HUTH last week

360K for a pokey one bed in Raynes Park, FFS.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 16:35:43 -0000, Tim Watts

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Because, sometimes, other people are not like *you*

You share a building when you're in prison.

No no no!

you share *everything* when you are in prison

including your arse

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Murmansk" wrote in message
My house is in an area where they sell really easily so I'm thinking of
using

https://www.visum.co.uk/Pricing/Sales

All I want is for my house to appear on Rightmove and this seems the
cheapest way to achieve that - once I've found interested buyers I can do
the rest myself.

IME, works for some

for others it is completely useless and after a few weeks/months of trying,
they have to move to a "real" EA

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 09/11/16 07:43, wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 22:33:52 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
I assume the estate agents have discounts.

Rightmove is definately agent-only advertising, no private advertisers
accepted. I think Zoopla is similar.

Owain

But you can get on both using an inexpensive online-only self service
"agent"

https://www.tepilo.com/ is the lowest I can find, £495 and gets you on
Zoopla and Rightmove and PrimeLocation.

A few value added bits like "online bookings for viewing" and stuff.

One thing you want the internet agent to do for you is to "accept and pass
on" offers.

I saw a place that I quite liked but I felt that the price was a bit high.

I was reluctant to make a low ball offer direct to the seller, so didn't
make an offer at all

12 months later the property was still for sale

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 09/11/16 11:24, John Rumm wrote:
On 09/11/2016 07:12, Tim Watts wrote:

OTOH if you sell a flat in Sutton, London (the less stabby part near the

(was that a typo for "shabby", or just a reflection on the quality of
the local youth?)

It's why I left...

Either the stabbings or the drunken throwing of other ****heads through
shop windows.

There was a murder practically opposite me too (stabbing). Came home,
place covered in police tape.

This was near the station.

If you want to have a near cast iron guarantee of getting your head kicked
in or robbed, live up the north end (Rosehill et al) - that really is an
utter ********.

Oi

That's where I come from :-(

(you're right!)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Murmansk wrote:
[...]

You can actually advertise your house on the likes of Gumtree. I dunno how successful it would be though. If I was looking to buy a house, I wouldn't think to look there. I'd just Google houses for sale in X, which returnes results form the likes of rightmove.

--
A man was sunbathing naked at the beach.
For the sake of decency and civility, and to keep it from getting sunburnt, he had a hat over his private parts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:58:25 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:08:03 -0000, GB wrote:

I can't think of another cost that great associated with moving.

SDLT can be much more, depending on property value.

Wasn't that removed decades ago?

Nope. It was reformed a while back to make the different rates apply
marginally rather than on the whole sum, but its still the

https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-t...property-rates

So buy a place for £500K and you will have and extra £15K of stamp duty
to find. (plus probably £1000 to £1500 for legal fees, perhaps £3K - £5K
estate agency, another grand for moving etc, plus any mortgage
arrangement fees etc)

Has it gone in Scotland perhaps? When I googled it, it said "England, Wales, Northern Ireland". I did not pay this duty when buying my house.

I take it it's yet another tax.

--
Japanese scientists have created a camera with a shutter speed so fast, they can now photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

I was watching HUTH last week

360K for a pokey one bed in Raynes Park, FFS.

Raynes Park isa nice place to visit. But not worth 360K to live in a prison cell.

--
Ireland's worst air disaster occurred early this morning when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery. Irish search and rescue workers have recovered 2826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the night.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 18:02:31 -0000, tim... wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 16:35:43 -0000, Tim Watts

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Because, sometimes, other people are not like *you*

You share a building when you're in prison.

No no no!

you share *everything* when you are in prison

including your arse

Oh dear, I appear to have turned you on.

--
Warren wanked William while Wendy wildly wobbled Wayne's Willy within warm water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 03:18:56 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 02:02:36 -0000, John Rumm

wrote:

Murmansk wrote:
[...]

Industry average is somewhere between 1 and 1.5% typically. They may do
fixed price deals on high end properties.

Ouch! So 1-1.5K on a 100K house!

Yeah, certainly worth DIYing the sale if you can get as good a result as an
agent can.

OMFG I'm amazed anyone pays that.

I'm not.

I always underestimate human stupidity.

--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/16 18:11, tim... wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

It used to be nice. In 1975.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 16:03:00 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

The Queen isn't exactly poor but shares Buck House with the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and their offices and the offices for the Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra.

She doesn't even own the place.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 19:31:36 -0000, wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 16:03:00 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

The Queen isn't exactly poor but shares Buck House with the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and their offices and the offices for the Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra.

She doesn't even own the place.

That's a bit different.

--
Five out of four Americans have trouble with fractions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 10:54:19 -0000, Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 00:42:46 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

They claim there's a housing shortage. Funny how houses sit empty.

What they actually mean is "there's a housing shortage where people want
to live" which is not quite the same thing.

The UK needs to break the ludicrous obsession with living in the SE. And
I say that as an expat Londonder born and bred.

If it's just in some areas,

It is.

then it's not some kind of national emergency like they make out.

Corse it isnt if those in your area stay for sale for a year or more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:08:03 -0000, GB wrote:

I can't think of another cost that great associated with moving.

SDLT can be much more, depending on property value.

Wasn't that removed decades ago?

Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_...uty_Land_T ax

Just doesn't apply in where you hairy legged cross dressers/streakers
infest.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an
estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

What a stupid place to live.

Better employment prospects than where you 'live'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an
estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Or you are stinking rich and don't want
to have to fart around with a yard etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an
estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

Why on earth would you want to live in a building shared with others
unless you're really poor?

Or you are stinking rich and don't want
to have to fart around with a yard etc.

Why spend your life indoors?

--
Gary's weather forecasting stone:
Stone is wet Rain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites.
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an
estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I
assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Quite right. Very hard to find flats as cheap as that in London.

What a stupid place to live.

Better employment prospects than where you 'live'

To pay a London mortgage, you'd need to get paid five times as much.

--
Gary's weather forecasting stone:
Stone is wet Rain
Stone is dry Not raining
Shadow on ground Sunny
White on top Snowing
Can't see stone Foggy
Swinging stone Windy
Stone jumping up and down Earthquake
Stone gone Tornado
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 20:07:46 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 15:08:03 -0000, GB wrote:

I can't think of another cost that great associated with moving.

SDLT can be much more, depending on property value.

Wasn't that removed decades ago?

Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamp_...uty_Land_T ax

Just doesn't apply in where you hairy legged cross dressers/streakers
infest.

Our laws tend to be more sensible. Why should the government get paid when we move house?

--
I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place. -- Steven Wright
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Depends how easy and cheap it is to advertise on the main websites. I
assume the estate agents have discounts. Anyway, what does an estate
agent charge nowadays? It might not be worth the bother of avoiding
them.

A bloody fortune!

I've only ever bought a house, and that cost me £300 in 2000. I assumed
selling cost about the same.

Estate Agents charge anywhere upto 3.5%. So your £200k flat is costing
£7000 in fees which the seller pays.

Who the hell pays that for a FLAT?!

Many in London etc.

Morons.

--
In a recent survey 40% found they didn't have time to answer the
question, 25% hung up the phone when the question was being
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 00:42:46 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

They claim there's a housing shortage. Funny how houses sit empty.

What they actually mean is "there's a housing shortage where people want
to live" which is not quite the same thing.

The UK needs to break the ludicrous obsession with living in the SE. And
I say that as an expat Londonder born and bred.

If it's just in some areas,

It is.

then it's not some kind of national emergency like they make out.

Corse it isnt if those in your area stay for sale for a year or more.

So just another moan from the treehuggers.

--
In a recent survey 40% found they didn't have time to answer the
question, 25% hung up the phone when the question was being
asked, 20% couldn't speak English, and 15% gave answers that
weren't asked.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 03:17:20 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 00:57:13 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 00:21:49 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 23:52:26 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Murmansk wrote:
[...]

But that is a lot less than their fee.

Anyway, what does an estate agent charge nowadays?

Quite a lot.

It might not be worth the bother of avoiding them.

Don't believe that.

I'm actually watching someone doing it using facebook currently.
Been having open days on most saturdays for quite a while now.
Not clear what the current tenants think of that, they were away
when I had a look myself. The price isnt that different to what other
similar places have sold for but it looks like it might well take
rather
longer to sell than is usual. But most sold by agents are sold by
auction here currently, including the one I bought recently.

Just watched one of my neighbour's who died of grog/diabetes
house sold by an agent. Very little promotion at all, one open
house, usual thing here, with an auction scheduled, Then a sold
sign a week or so before the auction. For some reason the price
still isnt avail on the web site that usually lists that. Havent
actually
spoken to the new owner yet, he does show up a bit for a few
hours but hasn't moved in yet for some reason.

Auction isn't common here, and I've seen a lot of houses with an
estate
agent sign in the garden for over a year.

Sure, but your area is hardly the hottest real estate market.

They claim there's a housing shortage.

Not in your area they don't.

They do.

Funny how houses sit empty.

Because few want to live there.

Housing shortage means no houses,

There clearly are houses there when they are for sale for a year.

people have to live somewhere.

But can rent while looking for a house to buy etc.

So there's no problem then.

--
My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, 'I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.'
So I bought her a set of scales.

Wanted: Real Estate Agents! visiakav Home Ownership 0 August 17th 10 02:20 PM
Real Estate Agents Are Taking The Power Change Change Electronics Repair 0 March 24th 10 01:03 AM
International Real Estate Directory -Find Real Estate, Rentals, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Agents and Brokers. MyDirectory Home Repair 0 December 28th 06 08:57 PM
OT - Estate Agents Tony Hogarty UK diy 0 January 20th 05 10:10 AM
Huge difference between estate agents' quotes Mike Mitchell UK diy 17 March 25th 04 09:36 AM