Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bargain merbile fern

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 17:01:22 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Attempting suicide is a symptom of a serious mental disorder.

Nope, in plenty of cases it is a completely rational thing to do.

Yes - look at the bloke I cited earlier, he is not thick.

As a teenager, he attended Balshaw's Church of England High School in Leyland and attained 10 A-grades at GCSE.He went on to study A-level mathematics and politics at Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College while he was unable to play football due to an injury.

Carlisle has a degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting from Staffordshire University. Carlisle has made two appearances on the BBC panel debate show Question Time, becoming the first footballer to appear on the programme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke..._and_education
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Attempting suicide is a symptom of a serious mental disorder.

Nope, in plenty of cases it is a completely rational thing to do.

Yes - look at the bloke I cited earlier, he is not thick.

As a teenager, he attended Balshaw's Church of England High School in
Leyland and attained 10 A-grades at GCSE.He went on to study A-level
mathematics and politics at Ealing, Hammersmith and West London
College while he was unable to play football due to an injury.

That doesnt say much about whether he had a serious mental disorder tho.

Look at Tesla, managed quite a bit more than that, and was barking mad too.

Carlisle has a degree in Professional Sports Writing
and Broadcasting from Staffordshire University.

Fark. Those that produced a degree like
that should be taken out the back and shot.

Carlisle has made two appearances on the
BBC panel debate show Question Time,

Stephen Fry runs one and has a serious mental
disorder that he is very happy to admit to having.

becoming the first footballer to appear on the programme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke..._and_education

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 18:33:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Stephen Fry runs one and has a serious mental
disorder that he is very happy to admit to having.

I had no history of mental illness or depression - I just got MdDS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...els-s-car.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 18:33:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Stephen Fry runs one and has a serious mental
disorder that he is very happy to admit to having.

I had no history of mental illness or depression - I just got MdDS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...els-s-car.html

Sure, that was just a comment on how irrelevant a BBC panel show is to
whether someone who shows up on one has a serious mental disorder.

Stephen Fry has a serious mental disorder and runs one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Stephen Fry runs one and has a serious mental
disorder that he is very happy to admit to having.

I had no history of mental illness
or depression - I just got MdDS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...els-s-car.html

"She contemplated suicide" is a very long way from making a suicide
attempt. People with MdDS are not known for attempting suicide.

Presumably because the symptoms arent that bad for most of them.

There are most likely other factors which made you do that.

Yes there were, his employer was going to stop paying him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Rod Speed wrote
pamela wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

And that was pure fluke and you were much more likely
to have ****ed the drivers life than the result you did get.

The whole event was a pure fluke.

Bloke attempts suicide at age 54y 11m, survives and spends
4 months in hospital, followed by 8 months in bed at home
in a wheelchair on full pay of £45000 per year and due to a
cock up, does not go onto 1/2 pay after 6 months. BP does
not want the £11250 they overpaid me back.

Gets passed fit for work exactly a year after suicide bid, but retires
on his 56 birthday and pockets £500000 in pension pot, £7000 in
annual bonus, £3000 in BUPA compo and £30000 in shares.

You could not have planned that any better.

Attempting suicide is a symptom of a serious mental disorder.

Nope, in plenty of cases it is a completely rational thing to do.

Our equivalent of your Mark Carney and his wife chose to kill
themselves when they decided that they had had a very decent
life and that the downsides of old age didn’t appeal to them at all.

Outside of assisted suicide (and that's a very contentious topic)
the wish to commit suicide is seen as a mental disorder

Only by pig ignorant fools.

and is handled by psychiatric services.

His clearly wasn’t.

This is a UK group and I have no
interest what happens in Australia

Doesn’t matter what you are interested in.

although even there I am sure suicide is never considered normal.

Corse it is, particularly when its it obvious
that a rational choice has been made.

We had another well publicised example of a woman who
again had decided that she had had a great life, that there
wasn’t anything much that was of any real interest to her
anymore and who didn’t like the limitations that old age
imposed who completely rationally chose to pull the plug
using some pills that she had collected for just that purpose.

In my town we had one fellow who quite literally murdered
3 kids on two separate occasions, who chose to kill himself
and ****ed that up. The system spent heaps reviving him,
and far more with the full trial and conviction. He eventually
succeeded in killing himself in jail.

Another one got involved in the killing of Kalazich's wife,
ended up being convicted and was jailed for that along
with Kalazich. He killed himself in jail too. Very rational
decision given that time in jail isnt much of a 'life'

My next door neighbour who runs a very big farming operation
with his brothers and their kids, 3 farms, had a very serious
accident where the end of a massive great cast iron ended
portable water tank blew out under pressure, onto his head.

They did fix his medical problem but he ended up with very
a severe long term disability because of it and ended up
hanging himself. Again a completely rational and sensible choice.

Why should anyone hang around after they have decided
that they would rather be dead for whatever reason ?

Caused one hell of a stink when they did that but
it’s a tad unlikely that they actually gave a damn
about that given they were dead by then.

You are likely to have been treated by the psychiatric service
with therapy and meds. Perhaps you were sectioned.

Unlikely even in that nanny state of yours.

You don't know what you are talking about.

We'll see...

How much time have you spent in the UK, if any?

Irrelevant. Clearly the psychiatric service was never involved
with Simon and he was never sectioned at all.

You don’t have a ****ing clue how the real world operates.

Do you think your behaviour here (which you probably see
as entirely normal) could be an adverse effect of your meds?

You don’t know he is on any currently.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Attempting suicide is a symptom of a serious mental disorder.

Nope, in plenty of cases it is a completely rational thing to do.

Yes - look at the bloke I cited earlier, he is not thick.

As a teenager, he attended Balshaw's Church of England
High School in Leyland and attained 10 A-grades at GCSE.
He went on to study A-level mathematics and politics at
Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College while
he was unable to play football due to an injury.

Carlisle has a degree in Professional Sports Writing and
Broadcasting from Staffordshire University. Carlisle has made
two appearances on the BBC panel debate show Question Time,
becoming the first footballer to appear on the programme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke..._and_education

Suicide is almost never a rational decision.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

It is a perfectly rational decision to kill yourself when the symptoms
you are getting are unacceptable and you would prefer to be dead.

It is a perfectly rational decision if you are unemployable in the
current economic situation or your business has gone bust and
there is no prospect of useful employment and you don’t care
for veging out in front of the TV, satisfying the work test or
veging out down the pub etc.

The exception might be those suffering horribly

Doesn’t have to be suffering horribly, just unacceptable
to the individual deciding whether to live or die.

If you are for example incapable of wiping your arse
or feeding yourself and don’t care for that situation,
it is a perfectly rational decision to end your life.

from an incurable medical condition
which is expected to get worse.

Other than something like that, I can't
consider suicide to be a rational decision

More fool you.

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that nothing
you are now capable of doing is of any interest to you
and that you would be better off dead.

It is a perfectly rational decision that when you
are no longer capable of showering unaided,
need assistance to have a **** or a ****, that you
don’t consider that is anything like a viable life.

- almost by definition.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 00:53:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that nothing
you are now capable of doing is of any interest to you
and that you would be better off dead.

When I was in bed for a year with time running out, Robin Williams did what he did and I also became fascinated as to how my old workmate ended it all as I wanted to follow him one month before my money ran out. I never had his mental history though, only the MdDS.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/live-...ail/story.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that nothing
you are now capable of doing is of any interest to you
and that you would be better off dead.

When I was in bed for a year with time
running out, Robin Williams did what he did

That one clearly was mental illness.

and I also became fascinated as to how my old workmate ended
it all as I wanted to follow him one month before my money ran
out. I never had his mental history though, only the MdDS.

Yeah, his was clearly depression.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/live-...ail/story.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that
nothing you are now capable of doing is of any
interest to you and that you would be better off dead.

In those circumstances, a decision to kill oneself is the
result of a mental disorder. For example, depression.

BULL****. If for example you can't shower or feed yourself
or even **** or **** without assistance and can no longer
read books and don’t find anything interesting on TV etc,
it is a completely rational decision to decide that its time
to pull the plug.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 00:49 3 Nov 2016, Rod Speed wrote:

pamela wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Attempting suicide is a symptom of a serious mental
disorder.

Nope, in plenty of cases it is a completely rational thing to
do.

Yes - look at the bloke I cited earlier, he is not thick.

As a teenager, he attended Balshaw's Church of England
High School in Leyland and attained 10 A-grades at GCSE.
He went on to study A-level mathematics and politics at
Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College while
he was unable to play football due to an injury.

Carlisle has a degree in Professional Sports Writing and
Broadcasting from Staffordshire University. Carlisle has made
two appearances on the BBC panel debate show Question Time,
becoming the first footballer to appear on the programme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke_Carlisle#
Early_life_and_education

[...]

Thank you for your interesting views, Rod. I'll store those
remarks in the circular filing cabinet on the floor I keep for
matters of such value.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You said "Unlikely even in that nanny state of yours" and I
asked you "How much time have you spent in the UK, if any?".

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be
able to work out the basics like that without actually
needing to spend any time at all in the place.

reams of your mindless silly **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 17:01:23 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Still a tip and your brewing barrel collection is pathetic.
Mine is now up to 16, just added another of the new
Coopers barrels I got at a garage sale last Saturday for $25.

I had a few bob left over after paying £2000 for a new subframe,
a £900 train trip to Penzance tomorrow, another one to Glasgow
on 9NOV16 and a pop concert in Dortmund on 25NOV16,

Does that mean you are one of those tourists ?

He'd have to be to spend £900 quiid on a train to Penzance, what's
he going on the Flying scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

Maybe Pam is right and he is barking...

Well I paid £90 to go to st ives some time ago it was a 4 1/2 hour train journey from paddington, not a very pleasant journey either.
I wouldn't have mined a quiet 1st class seat but woulodn;t pay that sort of money for one. I wonder how much an uber cab would charge.

so I bought the missus some vintage Champers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwO21OKWEAAJn6J.jpg

More into a decent single malt myself.

Can you make/distil that yourself as in home distillation. ?

Yes, I can and do. Bit of a problem with the typical 20 year aging with
those tho.

Yes it would require some rather forward thinking and planning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

You'd be able to get an estimate if you actually
had enough of a clue to have a smartphone.

so I bought the missus some vintage Champers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwO21OKWEAAJn6J.jpg

More into a decent single malt myself.

Can you make/distil that yourself as in home distillation. ?

Yes, I can and do. Bit of a problem with
the typical 20 year aging with those tho.

Yes it would require some rather forward thinking and planning.

And makes it hard to try various alternatives and adjust what you are doing
too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 10:32:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
pamela wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that
nothing you are now capable of doing is of any
interest to you and that you would be better off dead.

In those circumstances, a decision to kill oneself is the
result of a mental disorder. For example, depression.

BULL****. If for example you can't shower or feed yourself
or even **** or **** without assistance and can no longer
read books and dont find anything interesting on TV etc,
it is a completely rational decision to decide that its time
to pull the plug.

You mean like Stephen Hawking.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:01:15 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

I had a clue but no smartphone in 1998 did you have a smartphone then ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 00:37 3 Nov 2016, Rod Speed wrote:

SNIP

You said "Unlikely even in that nanny state of yours" and I asked you
"How much time have you spent in the UK, if any?".

You have a lot to say in this group about the UK and many times it is
incorrect.

As far as I can see you show little sign of having spent much time
here at all. The question is relevant. Will you answer it please.

I remember your good self singing the praises of Wodney for being really
helpful.
Now you'll understand what a complete prick he is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:24:51 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:02:22 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

He'd have to be to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance, what's he
going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Wow, well thanks for posting the evidence. :-{}

I too was shocked, so tried booking the same journey on National Rail. The
£482.80 on Simon's tickets is each for one person Return First Class. Second
Class is only £196.50
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 3 November 2016 10:32:36 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
pamela wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It is a perfectly rational decision to decide that
nothing you are now capable of doing is of any
interest to you and that you would be better off dead.

In those circumstances, a decision to kill oneself is the
result of a mental disorder. For example, depression.

BULL****. If for example you can't shower or feed yourself
or even **** or **** without assistance and can no longer
read books and dont find anything interesting on TV etc,
it is a completely rational decision to decide that its time
to pull the plug.

You mean like Stephen Hawking.

Nothing like Stephen Hawking. He still has plenty that interests him to do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:01:15 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 17:01:23 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Still a tip and your brewing barrel collection is pathetic.
Mine is now up to 16, just added another of the new
Coopers barrels I got at a garage sale last Saturday for $25.

I had a few bob left over after paying £2000 for a new subframe,
a £900 train trip to Penzance tomorrow, another one to Glasgow
on 9NOV16 and a pop concert in Dortmund on 25NOV16,

Does that mean you are one of those tourists ?

He'd have to be to spend £900 quiid on a train to Penzance, what's
he going on the Flying scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket
;-)

Maybe Pam is right and he is barking...

Well I paid £90 to go to st ives some time ago it was a 4 1/2 hour
train journey from paddington, not a very pleasant journey either.
I wouldn't have mined a quiet 1st class seat but woulodn;t pay that
sort of money for one. I wonder how much an uber cab would charge.

You'd be able to get an estimate if you actually
had enough of a clue to have a smartphone.

I had a clue but no smartphone in 1998 did you have a smartphone then ?

Even you should have noticed a lack of Uber at that time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:16:28 UTC, Dave W wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:24:51 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:02:22 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

He'd have to be to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance, what's he
going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Wow, well thanks for posting the evidence. :-{}

I too was shocked, so tried booking the same journey on National Rail. The
£482.80 on Simon's tickets is each for one person Return First Class.. Second
Class is only £196.50
--

Yes only....
flybe.com to newquay i.e flying just under £50. single.

I'd choose that option personally.

Two friends travled oin the Orient express think that cost them over £1400 each but I can understadn the value of that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:33:23 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

No I didn;t as I hadn;t heard of uber at that time, so I didn;t notice a lack of something that didn't exist. You can hire minicabs for long journeys if you want. It's about £40 from my place to heathrow if booked at a minicab office.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

If you book in advance, you can save a small fortune, in 2 weeks time I'm
going London Edinburgh First Class return for a total of £87.
!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:11 3 Nov 2016, bm wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 00:37 3 Nov 2016, Rod Speed wrote:

SNIP

You said "Unlikely even in that nanny state of yours" and I
asked you "How much time have you spent in the UK, if any?".

You have a lot to say in this group about the UK and many times
it is incorrect.

As far as I can see you show little sign of having spent much
time here at all. The question is relevant. Will you answer
it please.

I remember your good self singing the praises of Wodney for
being really helpful.
Now you'll understand what a complete prick he is.

Yes, you're right. I did once say Rod had helped me in another group
in the past. When I look back at the posts, I see my initial
encounter with Rod was actually more insulting than I remember but
luckily it got better over time.

This time it's not so positive.

Because you have made a complete fool
of yourself on the question of suicide.

Speaking to Rod is like walking on eggshells

Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh ?

and any moment he might fly off the handle for the tiniest of reasons.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

I call a spade a spade and a terminal ****wit a terminal ****wit.

He's wrong a few things

So is everyone, stupid.

and when he's corrected

Something you have never managed to do.

he gets upset.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

I call a spade a spade and a terminal ****wit a terminal ****wit.

Looking back, I was a fool for bothering to try.

Yes you are indeed a fool who doesn’t have a ****ing clue about
even the most basic stuff like why plenty make a completely rational
choice to suicide, what your nanny state doesn’t do about those
who attempt and fail to suicide, or even the most basic statistics
or even when we are discussing UBER DRIVERS and not cabs/taxis.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:11 3 Nov 2016, bm wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

I call a prick, a prick. Wodles you're a prick.
And nasty with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , charles
escribió:

If you book in advance, you can save a small fortune, in 2 weeks time I'm
going London Edinburgh First Class return for a total of £87.

I've just got a return Manchester Gran Canaria later this month in
Ryanair's flash sale for 30 quid return. Not /quite/ first class, mind

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:16:28 UTC, Dave W wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:24:51 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:02:22 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

He'd have to be to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance, what's he
going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Wow, well thanks for posting the evidence. :-{}

I too was shocked, so tried booking the same journey on National Rail. The
£482.80 on Simon's tickets is each for one person Return First Class.. Second
Class is only £196.50
--

Yes, but we didn't want to mix with the great unwashed and wanted free food..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , charles
escribió:

If you book in advance, you can save a small fortune, in 2 weeks time I'm
going London Edinburgh First Class return for a total of £87.

I've just got a return Manchester Gran Canaria later this month in
Ryanair's flash sale for 30 quid return. Not /quite/ first class, mind

I particularly like the bit where the stewardess tells you to ensure the
seat backs are in the upright position for landing!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim Lamb
escribió:

I particularly like the bit where the stewardess tells you to ensure the
seat backs are in the upright position for landing!

They're not as bad as they used to be. O'Loony finally realised ****ing
your customers off isn't the best way to go about getting repeat
business.

Still... 30 quid all in, including taxes, etc. They can't possibly be
making a profit on that. There were still seats available at that price
when I looked yesterday.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 17:39:54 UTC, charles wrote:

If you book in advance, you can save a small fortune, in 2 weeks time I'm
going London Edinburgh First Class return for a total of £87.

I booked Hull-Glasgow-Hull for 8NOV16 for two at £460.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 November 2016 09:09:50 UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Still... 30 quid all in, including taxes, etc. They can't possibly be
making a profit on that. There were still seats available at that price
when I looked yesterday.

Yes, we always do Hull-Rotterdam-Hull in the car at £720 all in, £30 is very good.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 22:34:54 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:16:28 UTC, Dave W wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:24:51 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 11:02:22 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:

He'd have to be to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance, what's he
going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Wow, well thanks for posting the evidence. :-{}

I too was shocked, so tried booking the same journey on National Rail. The
£482.80 on Simon's tickets is each for one person Return First Class. Second
Class is only £196.50
--

Yes, but we didn't want to mix with the great unwashed

I can understand that.

and wanted free food.

for me that would be a high price to pay for free food.
Same as payign £45 quid a week for free txts. etc...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , Tim Lamb
escribió:

I particularly like the bit where the stewardess tells you to ensure the
seat backs are in the upright position for landing!

They're not as bad as they used to be. O'Loony finally realised ****ing
your customers off isn't the best way to go about getting repeat
business.

Still... 30 quid all in, including taxes, etc. They can't possibly be
making a profit on that. There were still seats available at that price
when I looked yesterday.

Just back from Madeira (still there if anyone is interested:-).

Easyjet catch you if you travel over multiples of 7 days. Might be cheap
going but can be 3-4 times as much for the return. First rule... don't
book your ticket on the computer you used to check the prices. Second
rule... see if a competitor is offering cheap one way for the return.
Both Easyjet and Monarch fly Madeira/ Gatwick so parking the car still
works. Third rule... don't **** off the car parking receptionist when
she offers car cleaning otherwise they park close to the runway and it
gets covered in jet fuel. Fourth rule... don't return to Gatwick late
afternoon in time for the M25 crawl home.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 17:13:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
whisky-dave wrote

He'd have to be [mad] to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance, what's
he going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Fark, wota packa dinosaurs. Ours have gone physical ticketless now.

Yes, but when I get to Glasgow at 1412h today, I will bin the tickets at 1414h.

Your fern's memory will still be used up, leaving only 142 songs vs 144 pre trip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 17:13:17 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
whisky-dave wrote

He'd have to be [mad] to spend £900 quid on a train to Penzance,
what's
he going on the Flying Scotsman or a network rail off peak ticket ;-)

£965.60 to be precise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwQOZMKXEAAn9hV.jpg

Fark, wota packa dinosaurs. Ours have gone physical ticketless now.

Yes, but when I get to Glasgow at 1412h today, I will bin the tickets at
1414h.

No need to bin anything with the ticketless approach, you just tap in and
tap off and the system works out that you have just used that virtual
ticket.
And charges you appropriately if you havent bought a ticket in advance too.

Your fern's memory will still be used up,

Wrong. No memory is used up when the phone is
used as the device that you tap on and tap off with.

leaving only 142 songs vs 144 pre trip.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
dont have a ****ing clue how ticketless systems work.