Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Klingspor bargain box really is a bargain

I looked at my local HD for discs for the Ridgid 2610 I bought recently
and the 6" disc packs they have were 10 sheets for $6-8. I would have
needed at least a few grits so it would have been roughly 30 discs for
around $20.

After hearing recommendations for Klingspor on The Wreck, I checked them
out and they had a 6" 6-hole bargain pack for $20 delivered. I was
surprised by how much I actually got...150 PSA and HL discs in lots more
grits than I would have bought, from 40 to 400, in plastic wrapped packs
of around 6-8 discs.

The only negative is I don't know which type of sandpaper is in each
pack..only the grit is labelled, so I won't know which kind works best.
Time go sand stuff for fun... :-)

p.s., dumb question, but you can use PSA discs on a HL pad, right? The
Ridgid 2610 has a HL pad, but the manual says nothing about only using HL
paper on it. I always bought HL discs for the Porter Cable 333VS I
killed...
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Ken Yee wrote:
[...]

Look in your owners manual and see if you can order a PSA pad. It
should install easily and has a harder surface that should work better
on some materials, like metal. Always nice to have a backup in case of
a failure in the middle of a project. HTH

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ken Yee" wrote in message
4.166...

The only negative is I don't know which type of sandpaper is in each
pack..only the grit is labelled, so I won't know which kind works best.
Time go sand stuff for fun... :-)

Typically an open coat works best for wood sanding.

p.s., dumb question, but you can use PSA discs on a HL pad, right? The
Ridgid 2610 has a HL pad, but the manual says nothing about only using HL
paper on it. I always bought HL discs for the Porter Cable 333VS I
killed...

Nope, PSA does not work on H&L. Neither is interchangeable.

Netto 'bargain' 51 UK diy 17 December 3rd 06 11:42 PM
had my windows done.. bargain or not ? [email protected] UK diy 10 October 24th 06 10:31 AM
Bargain! The Medway Handyman UK diy 0 April 17th 06 02:54 PM
B & Q Bargain Magician UK diy 2 March 25th 05 09:08 PM
Any bargain 28" or 32" TV's out there? [email protected] Electronics Repair 11 January 16th 05 11:59 AM