Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default moulded plugs

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:17:33 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:10:09 +0100, ARW wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:51:02 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Women like things to look pretty. Men like things that perform a function.

I like pretty women that perform a function.

Washing the dishes? :-)

I have no problems with them loading a dishwasher.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 22:20:34 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , ARW
escribió:

Any close up photos of the final wiring connections? Or did you just
cover that connector block with a pair of knickers?

'kinell.

That's been added to my Dodgy Electrics photo collection.

He needs to get a sparky in before he kills someone.

As there seems to be no answer or photos to show how the cables were
finally terminated you may be correct.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/27/2016 4:33 PM, pamela wrote:

Ummm, that could have been a tricky moment.

He seems to be a very nice, intelligent young man. I believe he posts as
'Gremlin'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:37:22 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 00:01:48 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 21:52 26 Oct 2016, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:25:49 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

David Lang wrote:
On 26/10/2016 17:22, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 09:29:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed
wrote: Its actually because they are much more reliable when
moulded.

I have just fitted 4 LED security lamps and needed to feed
2 core through a brick wall - I have 20 odd old wire up
plugs though so had plenty to hand.

I do it the other way, cut the moulded socket off an
extension lead, feed the cut end thru the hole in the wall
and then wire that into the light or whatever. Easier with
some lights than others.

These lights only come with about 1ft of three way, so you
have to drill a foot long hole in the exterior bricks and
feed two core in from inside, fit a plug and find the nearest
indoor socket.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

So you now have an exposed chocky block outside in the wet and
a metal light with no earth?

You are a special kind of stupid.

He is a cyclist. They really are a very special kind of stupid.

Or not a wimp like you two, scared of a bit of electricity.

All that will happen in the rain is a bit of electric will leak
from live to neutral and cost him pennies.

What if it's more than a little bit of leakage (maybe from
something like bird droppings)?

The most that might do is trip the RCD.

RCDs are for pussies, I have fuses.

It might blow a fuse if you are unlucky enough to
get some bird **** that is very sloppy right on the
areas where there is some metal down in the block.

Unlikely tho.

Which is why I prefer fuses. Less likely to trip.

The VAT you are claiming back on fuel is gonna trip you over.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

It wouldn't trip due to bird **** regardless of which is used.

And very unlikely to end up with bird **** on it where it is either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 09:09:42 +0100, David Lang

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:45:11 +0100, David Lang

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

neutral and cost him pennies. What do you think he's going to do,
reach
up and grab the block in the rain?

Trust me, he is that stupid.

Bull****.

However, not the point.

So your point is?

That Mason is an idiot and you seem to be supporting him.

The photos did not show any idiocy.

Bull****. Its stupid to have a choc block there. He should have
replaced the cord entirely so there is no join and if that isnt
practical, the choc block should be inside the metal case of
the light. Better to have a soldered joint and heatshrink tho,
then no chance of it coming loose over time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 19:55:35 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

No BT in Swanland - it is an old KC phone line not connected to the lighting job at all. Previous owners had a phone in each room and the garage too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 19:27:41 +0100, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 10/27/2016 4:33 PM, pamela wrote:

Ummm, that could have been a tricky moment.

He seems to be a very nice, intelligent young man. I believe he posts as
'Gremlin'.

Not my apprentice. The big clue is that Gremlin was not an electrical
apprentice.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 19:57:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The photos did not show any idiocy.

Bull****. Its stupid to have a choc block there. He should have
replaced the cord entirely so there is no join and if that isnt
practical, the choc block should be inside the metal case of
the light. Better to have a soldered joint and heatshrink tho,
then no chance of it coming loose over time.

If I can be arsed, I could encase the whole block in a plastic resin in a few minutes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!
He rides a bicycle ......... as pillocks tend to do.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 20:11:38 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into the
PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Q.E.D.

He is indeed a pillock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think
it passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Do you really think that anybody here gives a flying **** about your
holidays?
You have many times said that I'm in your wonderful killfile.
Have you always been a liar?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think
it passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Do you really think that anybody here gives a flying **** about your
holidays?
You have many times said that I'm in your wonderful killfile.

YOU ASKED ME TO PUT YOU IN A KILLFILE - HAVE YOU GOT ALZHEIMERS?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

Why would you think that?

--
A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment."
He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If the bird**** conducted to some rain on the wall and to the ground, an ELCB might trip.

--
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours -- Stephen Roberts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

It's quick to do and it works, I have no problem with it.

--
I limit my Political Correctness to voting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 20:11:16 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!
He rides a bicycle ......... as pillocks tend to do.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire.

You call Adam a pillock too, or had you forgotten?

--
If you mated a bulldog and a ****su, would it be called a bull****?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into the
PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Q.E.D.

He is indeed a pillock.

Anyone who goes on holiday is a pillock?

--
If you mated a bulldog and a ****su, would it be called a bull****?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think
it passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Do you really think that anybody here gives a flying **** about your
holidays?
You have many times said that I'm in your wonderful killfile.

YOU ASKED ME TO PUT YOU IN A KILLFILE - HAVE YOU GOT ALZHEIMERS?

He is very very old.

--
A boomerang that doesn't come back is a stick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!

Have a look at my latest holiday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvx5qYnWAAAz-8y.jpg

Do you really think that anybody here gives a flying **** about your
holidays?
You have many times said that I'm in your wonderful killfile.

YOU ASKED ME TO PUT YOU IN A KILLFILE - HAVE YOU GOT ALZHEIMERS?

So?
You DID state that I was in your killfile.
So, what went wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Post message ID.

--
Stress is the conflict which occurs when your mind prevents your body from beating the living daylights out of whoever got in your way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!
He rides a bicycle ......... as pillocks tend to do.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire.

I know that he is a bell end.

Adam

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 00:27 27 Oct 2016, Rod Speed wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 20:12 26 Oct 2016, ARW wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 11:04:45 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Just as well items are now supplied with a fitted plug. Can you
imagine the "Facebook Generation" trying to use wire strippers
and screwdrivers.

Every ****ing day and it's not my imagination.

Alan, as far as you know do your wonderful young
scholars ever get to read your posts about them?

Yeah, one of them did show up here. Not just read, posted as well.

Ummm, that could have been a tricky moment.

Nar, he was one of the more sensible apprentices and
got on very well with Adam and did say that he thought
the way Adam operates was the best way to do things
and actually thanked Adam for his supervision/training etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 20:56:36 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Do you really think that anybody here gives a flying **** about your
holidays?
You have many times said that I'm in your wonderful killfile.

YOU ASKED ME TO PUT YOU IN A KILLFILE - HAVE YOU GOT ALZHEIMERS?

So?
You DID state that I was in your killfile.
So, what went wrong?

Nothing - I engage with whomever I choose to on USENET as I have done since 1989.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

ARW wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:59:53 +0100, pamela wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvtPqEOXYAEybSS.jpg

What's that very thin wire going from one or two fixings then
passing behind the floodlight? It looks like it continues into
the PVC window frame.

I also spotted that. Possibly an old BT earth cable. I don't think it
passes through the window.

---

Hello Adam.
Simon Mason is a well known pillock.
But, he is dead rich!
He rides a bicycle ......... as pillocks tend to do.

Regards

Mr Pounder Esquire.

I know that he is a bell end.

Adam

They like to show their bell ends in their lycra shorts.

--
Wife to husband: "What's your excuse for coming home at this time of night?"
Husband to wife: "Golfing with friends, my dear."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 21:17:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

They like to show their bell ends in their lycra shorts.

This girl at work used to ask me "How is it hanging, Simon?" I used to say "to the left and then to the right".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stop mouthing bull****.

--
A Irish family is sitting in the living room.
The wife turns to the husband and says, "Let's send the kids out back to p-l-a-y , so we can ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Women like things to look pretty. Men like things that perform a function.

I like pretty women that perform a function.

Washing the dishes? :-)

I have no problems with them loading a dishwasher.

:-)

--
Pub sign: Liquor in the front, poker in the rear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 21:28:00 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 27 October 2016 21:17:57 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

They like to show their bell ends in their lycra shorts.

This girl at work used to ask me "How is it hanging, Simon?" I used to say "to the left and then to the right".

I've always said "to the left" (a quote from Bill Cosby). So when cycling it's moving constantly? Does that not cause swelling? :-)

--
Police cordoned off Liverpool City Centre this morning when a suspicious object was discovered in a car.
It later turned out to be a tax disc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Just as well items are now supplied with a fitted plug. Can you
imagine the "Facebook Generation" trying to use wire strippers
and screwdrivers.

Every ****ing day and it's not my imagination.

Alan, as far as you know do your wonderful young
scholars ever get to read your posts about them?

Yeah, one of them did show up here. Not just read, posted as well.

Ummm, that could have been a tricky moment.

Apart from it never happened

Corse it did. He actually thanked you for the experience etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The photos did not show any idiocy.

Bull****. Its stupid to have a choc block there. He should have
replaced the cord entirely so there is no join and if that isnt
practical, the choc block should be inside the metal case of
the light. Better to have a soldered joint and heatshrink tho,
then no chance of it coming loose over time.

If I can be arsed, I could encase the whole block in a plastic resin in a
few minutes.

And that would look even more grotty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

Nope, because the metal bits on the choc block wouldn't be in contact with
the bird ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

Because you are a terminal ****wit.

Its just as quick to replace the entire cord and not have a joiner.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:37:22 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

You wrote "unlucky enough to
get some bird **** that is very sloppy right on the
areas where there is some metal down in the block"

--
Cold showers/baths/swimming:
1) Cure Hayfever. Apparently this is due to the strengthening effect on the mucous membranes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

Too much hassle to take the old cord out when it goes through a wall.

--
Cold showers/baths/swimming:
1) Cure Hayfever. Apparently this is due to the strengthening effect on the mucous membranes.
2) Help circulation by bringing blood to capilliaries and increasing circulation through the body.
3) Improve the internal furnace, be warmer when it's cold.
4) Make losing weight easier - generating heat burns loads of calories.
5) Detoxify, by contracting muscles to eliminate toxins - skin and hair also improves.
6) Save energy.
7) Increase libido (contrary to the old wives' tale).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

They like to show their bell ends in their lycra shorts.

This girl at work used to ask me "How is it hanging, Simon?" I used to
say "to the left and then to the right".

I've always said "to the left" (a quote from Bill Cosby). So when cycling
it's moving constantly? Does that not cause swelling? :-)

Not when its as small as yours and his is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Lang wrote:
[...]

If it is, it wont bridge between the choc block and the wall.