Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default moulded internal panel doors

Has anyone any knowledge about internal moulded panel doors, if so is
there any difference between a builders merchant, say Jewsons £40
after negotiation doors by Jeld Wen & a diy store £20 one.
I know there are variations in quality but I cannot tell the
difference.

Thanks
http://www.jeld-wen.co.uk/rangeselec...s.asp?range=50

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message . com
from " contains
these words:

Has anyone any knowledge about internal moulded panel doors,

Yes, they're very noisy. Opening and closing them normally sounds like
slamming!

The ones with grain effect look rather too heavily grained even after a
few coats of paint.

--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

wrote:
Has anyone any knowledge about internal moulded panel doors, if so is
there any difference between a builders merchant, say Jewsons £40
after negotiation doors by Jeld Wen & a diy store £20 one.
I know there are variations in quality but I cannot tell the difference.

Thanks
http://www.jeld-wen.co.uk/rangeselec...s.asp?range=50

Some are firedoors and some have the eggbox internals some of the
firedoors are crap and some are well made.

With the eggbox types, check to see if you can put the lock on either
side. Eggbox doors tend to spoil if you use closers on them.

I doubt you will get firedoors in that style for £40 but I am only
guessing. Normal firedoors are flush ply faced.

Are you certain their dimensions are the same. Some are 40 mm longer.
No doubt someone will come along with a link to specifications if you
don't rush off to B&Q.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

Has anyone any knowledge about internal moulded panel doors ............
snip

If all you want is a visual divider between rooms, then the cheap B&Q jobs
are lightweight (therefore easier to fit) and you will probably find a style
to your liking. Make sure you fit the lock and hinges on the correct door
edge. There is a block of wood for the latch mechanism in one side only.

If you want any sort of noise barrier look for something more substantial.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The actual measurements are the same & both Jewsons/Focus felt looked
the same to me. These are just internal doors not firedoors & thanks
for mentioning about only being able to put the latch on one side.
Has anyone tried Focus doors or Jen weld. I have Jen weld windows and
they are fine so assume doors would also be okay.

Are all these doors made in the same factory or does someone know of a
good quality version.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I wonder if Jen weld & focus are exactly the same doors. Would assume
Jen weld just buys them in for their catologue for distrobution to
Jewsons etc....