Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default moulded internal panel doors

wrote:
Has anyone any knowledge about internal moulded panel doors, if so is
there any difference between a builders merchant, say Jewsons £40
after negotiation doors by Jeld Wen & a diy store £20 one.
I know there are variations in quality but I cannot tell the difference.

Thanks
http://www.jeld-wen.co.uk/rangeselec...s.asp?range=50

Some are firedoors and some have the eggbox internals some of the
firedoors are crap and some are well made.

With the eggbox types, check to see if you can put the lock on either
side. Eggbox doors tend to spoil if you use closers on them.

I doubt you will get firedoors in that style for £40 but I am only
guessing. Normal firedoors are flush ply faced.

Are you certain their dimensions are the same. Some are 40 mm longer.
No doubt someone will come along with a link to specifications if you
don't rush off to B&Q.