Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default moulded internal panel doors

wrote:
The actual measurements are the same & both Jewsons/Focus felt looked
the same to me. These are just internal doors not firedoors & thanks
for mentioning about only being able to put the latch on one side.
Has anyone tried Focus doors or Jen weld. I have Jen weld windows and
they are fine so assume doors would also be okay.

Are all these doors made in the same factory or does someone know of a
good quality version.

There are hundreds of factories making doors. How some large firms make
their money is by screwing them over. A favourite method was hanging
onto the money whilst it earned interest, a bit llike lawyers when
handling a house sale.

One point I forgot to cover till I saw the doors in the link. Cheap
doors will only have the minimum timber in them so you have to put the
lock on 1 metre from the bottom (measure that before you cut any off.)

The more expensive doors may or may not have enough timber in the lock
side (marked on the top of the door -unless you can use either. Drill
in from the side first to make sure.) Also you might get a leaflet
about hanging them with a good door.

It is a cut-throat business though, so prices won't vary much on the
manufacturing side. Look out for knote in the timber. They will bend
the door.