Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It was their cock up anyway

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I damaged the remote control, so ordered two one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from another source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they cant charge me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam what a shame.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I
damaged the remote control, so ordered two one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from
another source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they cant
charge me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam what a
shame.

So offer them a chance to arrange collection for them, or give them new
card details if you want to keep them. Hardly difficult is it?

Or were you just proposing theft?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ineptocracy again.

I suspect if the human race destroys itself either due to a war or science
gone wrong, it will not be a deliberate act, but a cock up.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I
damaged the remote control, so ordered two - one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from another
source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they can't charge
me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam - what a shame.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:34:06 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Or were you just proposing theft?

Just attention seeking again, Now retired so no daily audience,
getting old so no longer coming in the upper positions at cycle events
and jealous of the those younger getting the accolades.
Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I damaged the remote control, so ordered two one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from another source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they cant charge me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam what a shame.

If the 'scrapped' card was replaced then any charges to it will go onto
the replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Or were you just proposing theft?

Just attention seeking again, Now retired so no daily audience,
getting old so no longer coming in the upper positions at cycle events
and jealous of the those younger getting the accolades.
Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending 121 days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 11:06:29 UTC+1, F wrote:
On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I damaged the remote control, so ordered two one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from another source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they cant charge me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam what a shame.

If the 'scrapped' card was replaced then any charges to it will go onto
the replacement.

Just checked - it has a totally different number and has not been charged nor is even pending.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2016 11:09, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 11:06:29 UTC+1, F wrote:
On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Got a robot window cleaner 6 weeks ago, but had to chuck it away as I damaged the remote control, so ordered two one for my daughter.

Shop said they were out of stock until 11NOV16, so I bought one from another source and cancelled the other two.

Shop now says that they have sent both of them anyway, but they cant charge me as the Barclaycard was scrapped due to a scam what a shame.

If the 'scrapped' card was replaced then any charges to it will go onto
the replacement.

Just checked - it has a totally different number and has not been charged nor is even pending.

Replacement cards do have completely different numbers. You may not have
been charged yet but do keep an eye open.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 19/10/2016 10:09, Simon Mason wrote:

Or were you just proposing theft?

Just attention seeking again, Now retired so no daily audience,
getting old so no longer coming in the upper positions at cycle events
and jealous of the those younger getting the accolades.
Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite
jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending 121
days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

Must try harder.
Doesn't your watch have a self-destruct function or did you swap it for a
Saturn 5?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 19/10/2016 11:08, Simon Mason wrote:

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite
jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending
121 days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

It sounds pretty awful.

Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (or MdDS) is an imbalance or
rocking/swaying sensation often both felt and seen by the sufferer
that occurs after exposure to motion (most commonly after a sea cruise
or a flight). Although other forms of travel have been known to trigger it.

After alighting or debarking (debarquement) the traveller continues to
feel all at sea, unable to get their land legs back. Although most
travellers can identify with this feeling and do actually experience it
temporarily after disembarking, unfortunately in the case of MdDS
sufferers it can persist for many weeks, months, even years afterwards.

The symptoms are with you constantly, they never leave, nor can they be
alleviated by any anti-motion sickness drugs (eg Stemetil, Serc etc)

Like trying to constantly walk on a mattress or trampoline

is a good description of the main symptom, which is usually most
pronounced when the patient is sitting still, or inactive. It is unique
among balance disorders in that re-exposure to passive motion, such as
driving, decreases the internal motion perception rather than increasing it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:35:54 +0100, "bm" wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite
jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending 121
days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

Must try harder.
Doesn't your watch have a self-destruct function or did you swap it for a
Saturn 5?

If only he had used the Humber bridge.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I suspect if the human race destroys itself either due to a war or
science gone wrong, it will not be a deliberate act, but a cock up.

If Trump ever gets his finger on that button?

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 11:53:08 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 19/10/2016 11:08, Simon Mason wrote:

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite
jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending
121 days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

It sounds pretty awful.

As a Laboratory Analyst this was the worst bit.

Cognitive impairment ("brain fog") includes an inability to recall words, short term memory loss, and an inability to multi-task, misspelling and mispronunciation of words, unable to use a computer for any length of time due to the visual over stimulation and some MdDS sufferers report they are even unable to watch television, the symptoms are extremely debilitating and fluctuate high and low on a daily basis.

Excessive sleeping, MdDS sufferers can sleep up to 12 or more hours a day, depending on their symptom levels. Research reveals MdDS is not migraine related and many sufferers have never had migraine symptoms prior to the onset of the disorder.

Mal De Debarquement greatly effects the working capacity of sufferers with many having to relinquish work, it also limits most other daily and social activities.

Interestingly, the condition often abates to some degree when the patient is in motion such as in a car, train, plane, or boat, however once the motion ceases, the symptoms return often at much higher levels than when the journey first commenced. Symptoms can be increased by stress, lack of sleep, crowds, flickering lights, loud sounds, fast or sudden movements, enclosed areas or busy patterns.

It destroyed my life.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 12:29:50 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:35:54 +0100, "bm" wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but despite
jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck and spending 121
days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am still here.

Must try harder.
Doesn't your watch have a self-destruct function or did you swap it for a
Saturn 5?

If only he had used the Humber bridge.

When I was sent home from hospital after 121 days, I spent another 9 months in bed at home and although the MdDS had gone, my sick pay would run out on 9 SEP 14, then my house would get reposseed and so the Humber Bridge beckoned as I was still suicidal due to Fentanyl withdrawal symptoms and impending cash starvation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost £337 each, by any chance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 18:13:55 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost £337 each, by any chance?

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Simon Mason writes
[...]

Well ask Wodney to show you how to do it properly of a real bridge.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost 337 each, by any chance?

:-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

I suspect if the human race destroys itself either due to a war or
science gone wrong, it will not be a deliberate act, but a cock up.

If Trump ever gets his finger on that button?

He wont, even if he does get to be Prez.

Ronny Raygun didnt either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I suspect if the human race destroys itself either due to a war or
science gone wrong, it will not be a deliberate act, but a cock up.

If Trump ever gets his finger on that button?

The last president to get close to pressing that button was shot.
I expect the same would happen.
Not everyone wants to be dead rather than red.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost 337 each, by any chance?

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young for full
retirement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost 337 each, by any chance?

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

What's wrong with posting it?

And when did Fife move to the USA?

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young for full
retirement.

--
I lost the trivia contest at the church social last night by one point.
The last question was: "Where do most women have curly hair?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost £337 each, by any chance?

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

What's wrong with posting it?

And when did Fife move to the USA?

That is why it is a scam - just posted some forms off today and will get a refund soon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:00:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young for full
retirement.

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time lab job teaching thicko new grad intake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:35:54 +0100, "bm" wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Sad sod really , might as well top himself.

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but
despite jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck
and spending 121 days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am
still here.

Must try harder. Doesn't your watch have a self-destruct function
or did you swap it for a Saturn 5?

If only he had used the Humber bridge.

When I was sent home from hospital after 121 days, I spent another 9
months in bed at home and although the MdDS had gone, my sick pay
would run out on 9 SEP 14, then my house would get reposseed and so
the Humber Bridge beckoned as I was still suicidal due to Fentanyl
withdrawal symptoms and impending cash starvation.

But according to you, you left BP with a £400K pension pot and a lump sum?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 20/10/2016 12:42, David Lang wrote:

When I was sent home from hospital after 121 days, I spent another 9
months in bed at home and although the MdDS had gone, my sick pay
would run out on 9 SEP 14, then my house would get reposseed and so
the Humber Bridge beckoned as I was still suicidal due to Fentanyl
withdrawal symptoms and impending cash starvation.

But according to you, you left BP with a £400K pension pot and a lump sum?

A £400k pension pot would provide a pension of around £10k pa. (For a
youngish guy, 3% pa increases.) That's not a fortune to live on and
pay a mortgage.

I've been reminded of one thing by Simon's post above. A lot of people
on Usenet, probably the most annoying ones, have serious problems. I'll
try to be kinder to the annoying ones in future.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

I was told by some silly HR bint that I had to have 30 years service in, or be classed as a "bad leaver" which meant I had to work unto 21OCT17 which was impossible with the MdDS.

When I made it to my 56 birthday after a year on full sick pay with 27 years service, I had a total pot of £500000 and they let me go with no early leaver penalty, so I took the £125k lump sump and have a residual pot of £375k which pays me £18000 for life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 14:19:27 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 20/10/2016 12:42, David Lang wrote:

When I was sent home from hospital after 121 days, I spent another 9
months in bed at home and although the MdDS had gone, my sick pay
would run out on 9 SEP 14, then my house would get reposseed and so
the Humber Bridge beckoned as I was still suicidal due to Fentanyl
withdrawal symptoms and impending cash starvation.

But according to you, you left BP with a £400K pension pot and a lump sum?

A £400k pension pot would provide a pension of around £10k pa. (For a
youngish guy, 3% pa increases.) That's not a fortune to live on and
pay a mortgage.

No - my pot of £375k pays me £18000 for life (5.5%), index linked, I paid off all my debts of £73000 with the £125k lump sum and my outgoing are only £200 pm leaving me £1200 pm spare cash.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

You must be a magician, 200 just about covers my council tax and Sky subs.
Then there's food, gas, leccy, water, phone, net, petrol, road tax,
insurances etc etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 20/10/2016 16:20, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 20 October 2016 14:19:27 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 20/10/2016 12:42, David Lang wrote:

When I was sent home from hospital after 121 days, I spent another 9
months in bed at home and although the MdDS had gone, my sick pay
would run out on 9 SEP 14, then my house would get reposseed and so
the Humber Bridge beckoned as I was still suicidal due to Fentanyl
withdrawal symptoms and impending cash starvation.

But according to you, you left BP with a £400K pension pot and a lump sum?

A £400k pension pot would provide a pension of around £10k pa. (For a
youngish guy, 3% pa increases.) That's not a fortune to live on and
pay a mortgage.

No - my pot of £375k pays me £18000 for life (5.5%), index linked, I paid off all my debts of £73000 with the £125k lump sum and my outgoing are only £200 pm leaving me £1200 pm spare cash.

Sounds okay. So, why were you "suicidal because of impending cash
starvation"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2016 13:30, pamela wrote:
On 13:58 19 Oct 2016, Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Mal de Debarquement Syndrome does not cause most of its sufferers
to attempt suicide. Maybe there are some pre-existing
psychological problems tending towards self-harm which MdBS
exacerbated.

You give the impression you're suffering from grandiosity which is
a dysfunctional personality trait and perhaps this has made it
difficult to cope with any affective disorders arising out of MdDS.

Mason has always been an utter knob living in a fantasy world.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 16:59:23 UTC+1, bm wrote:

You must be a magician, £200 just about covers my council tax and Sky subs.
Then there's food, gas, leccy, water, phone, net, petrol, road tax,
insurances etc etc etc.

Electricity is £0 ATM as I am between suppliers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvOg_osXgAIRNCa.jpg

Council Tax comes out of lump sum at £1300 pa.

Food is £200pm as is petrol leaving me £720 pm or £8680 pa.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 18:11:49 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:

You give the impression you're suffering from grandiosity which is
a dysfunctional personality trait and perhaps this has made it
difficult to cope with any affective disorders arising out of MdDS.

Mason has always been an utter knob living in a fantasy world.

http://bit.ly/2enlIPd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Ineptocracy again.

Do these robot window cleaners cost 337 each, by any chance?

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

What's wrong with posting it?

And when did Fife move to the USA?

That is why it is a scam - just posted some forms off today and will get a refund soon.

Oh, I forgot we were talking about the scam.

--
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 02:42:30 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:00:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a decaying
orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young for full
retirement.

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time lab job teaching thicko new grad intake.

Spent all your pension pot already?

--
Excuse me sir, are you playing the bagpipes or deflating your cat?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 18:47:40 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time lab job teaching thicko new grad intake.

Spent all your pension pot already?

Nope - ran out of European countries to drive to, Baltic and New York cruises are paid for, so I need to fill my time somewhere.

Although, wired up 4 LED security lamps today, had a full car valet on my drive and arranged for my SONY DAB radio to get fitted. Manchester on the train next Friday, 2 day rail trip to Penzance on 3NOV then car gets new £2000 subframe.

Quite busy ATM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
[...]

Because he was told by some 'HR bint' that he wouldnt qualify
for that until some time in 2017 and that turned out to be a lie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
bm wrote

You must be a magician, £200 just about covers my council
tax and Sky subs. Then there's food, gas, leccy, water, phone,
net, petrol, road tax, insurances etc etc etc.

Electricity is £0 ATM as I am between suppliers.

You'll have to pay that, just later than you normally would.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvOg_osXgAIRNCa.jpg

Council Tax comes out of lump sum at £1300 pa.

Food is £200pm as is petrol leaving me £720 pm or £8680 pa.

Gas cock/ballvalve outside? Tim S UK diy 3 March 19th 09 03:26 PM
Stop Cock Up The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 February 19th 08 06:04 PM
Cock type [email protected] UK diy 6 March 17th 07 09:32 PM
Cock Insurance for Men [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 4th 07 04:46 AM
diy cock-up! blister91 UK diy 24 February 8th 05 10:31 PM