Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It was their cock up anyway

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 02:42:30 +0100, Simon Mason
wrote:

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:00:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a
decaying
orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young for
full
retirement.

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time lab job
teaching thicko new grad intake.

Spent all your pension pot already?

Just bored, he said that already.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
On 20/10/2016 13:30, pamela wrote:
On 13:58 19 Oct 2016, Simon Mason wrote:

On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 11:53:08 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 19/10/2016 11:08, Simon Mason wrote:

I did try that on 9SEP13 after a 15 month bout of MdDS, but
despite jumping off a bridge, getting run over by a 44T truck
and spending 121 days in hospital, like Captain Scarlet, I am
still here.

It sounds pretty awful.

As a Laboratory Analyst this was the worst bit.

Cognitive impairment ("brain fog") includes an inability to
recall words, short term memory loss, and an inability to
multi-task, misspelling and mispronunciation of words, unable to
use a computer for any length of time due to the visual over
stimulation and some MdDS sufferers report they are even unable
to watch television, the symptoms are extremely debilitating and
fluctuate high and low on a daily basis.

Excessive sleeping, MdDS sufferers can sleep up to 12 or more
hours a day, depending on their symptom levels. Research reveals
MdDS is not migraine related and many sufferers have never had
migraine symptoms prior to the onset of the disorder.

Mal De Debarquement greatly effects the working capacity of
sufferers with many having to relinquish work, it also limits
most other daily and social activities.

Interestingly, the condition often abates to some degree when
the patient is in motion such as in a car, train, plane, or
boat, however once the motion ceases, the symptoms return often
at much higher levels than when the journey first commenced.
Symptoms can be increased by stress, lack of sleep, crowds,
flickering lights, loud sounds, fast or sudden movements,
enclosed areas or busy patterns.

It destroyed my life.

Mal de Debarquement Syndrome does not cause most of its sufferers
to attempt suicide. Maybe there are some pre-existing
psychological problems tending towards self-harm which MdBS
exacerbated.

You give the impression you're suffering from grandiosity which is
a dysfunctional personality trait and perhaps this has made it
difficult to cope with any affective disorders arising out of MdDS.

Mason has always been an utter knob living in a fantasy world.

Yip.
Most scum cyclists are like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:00:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a
decaying orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young
for full retirement.

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time
lab job teaching thicko new grad intake.

Yes! This is a good move. I wish you luck, even though you are a cyclist.

Spent all your pension pot already?

He has one Peter, you will never have one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 20:00:22 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
No.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvJZ1mAWgAQald3.jpg

I can't believe that you actually posted that. Your mind is in a
decaying orbit.

Go get a part time job or something Simon, you are a bit too young
for full retirement.

I am going to the BP Xmas do and will tap them up for a part time
lab job teaching thicko new grad intake.

Yes! This is a good move. I wish you luck, even though you are a cyclist.

WTF?

Spent all your pension pot already?

He has one Peter, you will never have one.

Yes but he had to work hard.

--
Be careful about reading health books, you may die of a misprint. -- Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 21:57:19 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

He has one Peter, you will never have one.

Yes but he had to work hard.

Up at 0515, cycle 12 miles to work, spend 8 hours climbing towers and analysing chemicals, cycle 12 miles home. Sauna at 1730, lots of beer and bed by 2030.

It was tough.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 22:03:30 +0100, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 21:57:19 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

He has one Peter, you will never have one.

Yes but he had to work hard.

Up at 0515, cycle 12 miles to work, spend 8 hours climbing towers and analysing chemicals, cycle 12 miles home. Sauna at 1730, lots of beer and bed by 2030.

It was tough.

Nutter.

--
My son was thrown out of school today for letting a girl in his class give him a hand-job. I said "Son, that's 3 schools this year! You'd better stop before you're banned from teaching altogether."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GB wrote:
No - my pot of £375k pays me £18000 for life (5.5%), index linked, I
paid off all my debts of £73000 with the £125k lump sum and my
outgoing are only £200 pm leaving me £1200 pm spare cash.

Wonder how many people can truly live on 50 quid a week - even assuming
their accommodation is owned?

Don't tell the govenmint that. They'll cut back the OAP.

--
*My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 October 2016 00:38:00 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
GB wrote:
No - my pot of £375k pays me £18000 for life (5.5%), index linked, I
paid off all my debts of £73000 with the £125k lump sum and my
outgoing are only £200 pm leaving me £1200 pm spare cash.

Wonder how many people can truly live on 50 quid a week - even assuming
their accommodation is owned?

£50 a week is for food only for 2 people and is £7 a day - easy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
No - my pot of £375k pays me £18000 for life (5.5%), index linked, I
paid off all my debts of £73000 with the £125k lump sum and my
outgoing are only £200 pm leaving me £1200 pm spare cash.

Wonder how many people can truly live on 50 quid a week - even assuming
their accommodation is owned?

£50 a week is for food only for 2 people and is £7 a day - easy.

Right. One of those who thinks ougoings are only food. Are you a Tory
benefits minister?

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 20:05:49 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
bm wrote

You must be a magician, £200 just about covers my council
tax and Sky subs. Then there's food, gas, leccy, water, phone,
net, petrol, road tax, insurances etc etc etc.

Electricity is £0 ATM as I am between suppliers.

You'll have to pay that, just later than you normally would.

Seems I already am - see footnote here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvWPFQDWgAAjnUb.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/10/2016 16:16, Simon Mason wrote:
which meant I had to work unto 21OCT17 which was impossible with the MdDS.

When I made it to my 56 birthday after a year on full sick pay with 27 years service, I had a total

pot of £500000 and they let me go with no early leaver penalty, so I
took the £125k lump sump and have
a residual pot of £375k which pays me £18000 for life.

Is this Final-Salary or Defined-Contribution ?.

If the former, then that might explain the £18,000 annual pension.

If the latter (which it looks like) then you seem to have bought
a level annuity with little or no protection from inflation. At
current gilt yields, £375K will only buy an RPI linked pension
(at your age) of about £8,000 - if that.

At your age this is a bit dumb. If you must buy annuities then
you should have split the fund into 2 and bought a level annuity
(with a guarantee) for immediate income and either a 3% uplift or
RPI linked annuity with the other half. This will initially
only pay half what a level annuity will but believe me in 40
years time (and you could still be alive), prices are going to
be nothing like what they are now.

Go and do some research into prices in 1976 compared to now.
How much was a new Rover SD1 in 1976 ?.
How much did a new gas boiler cost in 1976 ?.

Forget electronics and other tat, it's the stuff you buy
every week (bog rolls, washing powder, soap, petrol, bread,
tinned stuff, *electricity*, etc etc) that matters.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 October 2016 21:36:14 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 20/10/2016 16:16, Simon Mason wrote:
which meant I had to work unto 21OCT17 which was impossible with the MdDS.

When I made it to my 56 birthday after a year on full sick pay with 27 years service, I had a total

pot of £500000 and they let me go with no early leaver penalty, so I
took the £125k lump sump and have
a residual pot of £375k which pays me £18000 for life.

Is this Final-Salary or Defined-Contribution ?.

If the former, then that might explain the £18,000 annual pension.

It is a non contributary final salary 2/3 income pension which in 1987 were as common as muck, but impossible these days.

Well funded as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvRqZrHXEAA36Af.jpg

Gas cock/ballvalve outside? Tim S UK diy 3 March 19th 09 03:26 PM
Stop Cock Up The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 February 19th 08 06:04 PM
Cock type [email protected] UK diy 6 March 17th 07 09:32 PM
Cock Insurance for Men [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 4th 07 04:46 AM
diy cock-up! blister91 UK diy 24 February 8th 05 10:31 PM