Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT;Similes

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 08:34:20 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 16:17:06 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
Similes
Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

Bent as a nine bob note.

Sticks like Witney to a blanket.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2016 16:02, newshound wrote:
On 7/6/2016 4:17 PM, David Lang wrote:
Similes
Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

Not a simile, but a nice metaphor from Marina Hyde's Guardian piece on
Andrea Leadson

€œI want to speak to the markets,€ Leadsom smiled, with the air of
someone who imagines you can negotiate with gravity.

And this isn't bad either.

Even the verdicts of her friends tend toward the confusing. €œShe has
steel,€ blethered Iain Duncan Smith, €œbut there is a velvet glove of
compassion.€ Oh Iain! God knows Ive learned to manage my expectations
as far as IDS is concerned. But I would like a secretary of state who
understood a basic despot metaphor before he accidentally deployed it.

:-)

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Have we had "That went down as well as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding" yet.

"That went down as well as a cup of cold sick".

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Another
John escribió:

And "He was up her like a rat up a drainpipe."

Said of someone with acute vision: "eyes like a ****house rat"

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

Prince Phillip, Di , Hewitt and a car crash?

Ouch

He's doing ok for himself and doesn't seem to be short of fanny.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 10:03, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

Have we had "That went down as well as a pork pie at a Jewish wedding" yet.

"That went down as well as a cup of cold sick".

Language "bluer than an Eskimo's willy in winter"

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim White wrote:

" Fanny like a wizard's sleeve"

Or a clown's pocket

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
Similes
Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

a blind cobbler's thumb.

As in, 'he's hung like a ****in donkey that lad, he's got a knob like a
blind cobblers thumb'

twitching like a rabbits nose.

As in,' here we are at the Stade De Paris, four minutes to go, Portugal nil,
France nil and Ronaldo steps up to take a free kick, I bet his arse is
twitching like a rabbits nose'

not really similies....

when a fat girl goes past:
I'll bet she can part with a bonny turd

when someone does something stupid:
I don't think you could spell 'tit' backwards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

Face like a bulldog chewing on a wasp?

Or a Rottweiller licking **** off a wire brush

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 08/07/2016 18:51, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:41:11 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Rather like describing an old common rail diesel engine as sounding
like a "wardrobe falling down the stairs".

I'd have guessed that a better simile might be:

a "wardrobe full of spanners falling down the stairs". :-)

Or the way of describing someone not particularly attractive as
having a "face like a bag of spanners".

I wouldn't say he was ugly but it looks like his heads been on fire and
someone put it out with a chain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , David
writes
On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:17:15 +0100, David Lang wrote:

Similes Heard these recently which made me laugh;

"As full as a fat woman's sock"
"As welcome as a ginger stepson"
"It went down like a fat kid on a see saw".

Anyone got any more? :-)

Full as a butcher's dog?

[Although the time that a butcher had to have a dog to chase all the other
dogs away is long past.]

Tight as a duck's arse?

Tight as a bull's arse in fly time?

As beautiful as you are intelligent?

As rough as a bear's bum?

Still trying to locate a "laugh out loud" one.

As welcome as a turd in a swimming pool?

We had one in our local baths recently - closed for 3 days.
Must get on with something productive, I suppose.

Cheers

Dave R

--
bert