Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default What to do with Indesit decals?

My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MM" wrote in message
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

For the front of demonstration models in showrooms ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MM wrote:

My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them?

Nothing? Presumably they're just there in case the oven is displayed in
a shop.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

Stick them on your EPC when you sell your house :-)

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:30:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

For the front of demonstration models in showrooms ?

Ah! Never thought of that!

Thanks.

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:38:22 +0100, Peter Andrews
wrote:

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

Stick them on your EPC when you sell your house :-)

What's an "EPC"? I don't think I ever received one. Should have? I
bought the house brand-new off a local builder (40 dwellings) in 2004.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
MM wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:30:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

For the front of demonstration models in showrooms ?

Ah! Never thought of that!

Thanks.

It's really called "Badge Engineering". The same units will come with
different decals depending on which cardboard box is used for packing.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

Stick them on your EPC when you sell your house :-)

What's an "EPC"? I don't think I ever received one. Should have? I
bought the house brand-new off a local builder (40 dwellings) in 2004.

MM

You will need one to sell it.
Energy Performance Certificate.
They possibly were not mandatory in 2004.
Not worth the paper they are written on but the system requires them to
be reasonably up to date. Don't bother until you come to sell when it
will become another cost of the process.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MM" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:30:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
. ..
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

For the front of demonstration models in showrooms ?

Ah! Never thought of that!

Thanks.

MM

It looks like all that time spent wandering aimlessly around
Curry's showrooms, has finally paid off.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
My Indesit double oven came with the following self-adhesive decals in
the box:
http://www.littletyke.myzen.co.uk/indesit_decals.jpg

What is intended that I do with them? They can't be placed on the side
of the oven, because it's built in. I've had the oven now for ten days
and, believe it or not, the oven works without the decals being stuck
on anything!

So what's the point?

MM

Stick them on your EPC when you sell your house :-)

What's an "EPC"? I don't think I ever received one. Should have? I
bought the house brand-new off a local builder (40 dwellings) in 2004.

MM

It's that completely worthless survey that you have to have now when you
sell or rent your property Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).
https://www.gov.uk/buy-sell-your-hom...e-certificates

When I sold my flat earlier this year my EPC (that cost me £90)
suggested changing the storage heaters to high retention storage heaters
at a cost of between £800 and £1200 so that the buyer could potentially
make a saving of £43 per year on his heating bill. That's a breakeven
of around 25 years. As well as a heat recovery system for mixer showers
at a cost of between £585 and £725 to save £19 per year.

I'm sure it really influenced my buyer...

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 14:11:24 +0100, Peter Andrews wrote:

It's that completely worthless survey that you have to have now when you
sell or rent your property

When you say "now", what you mean is "for the last nine years"...

They're valid for ten years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/07/2016 12:56, charles wrote:
It's really called "Badge Engineering". The same units will come with
different decals depending on which cardboard box is used for packing.

So the cardboard box can change the energy efficiency rating?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/07/2016 13:28, Bob Minchin wrote:
You will need one to sell it.
Energy Performance Certificate.
They possibly were not mandatory in 2004.
Not worth the paper they are written on but the system requires them to
be reasonably up to date. Don't bother until you come to sell when it
will become another cost of the process.

And be aware that the EPC must be in colour - a B&W print is not
acceptable. (Just found that out talking to a builder who fell foul of
that and had to re-print on the colour printer. I guess it is having a
major impact on colour-blind conveyancers who need to get someone else
to check that it is actually in the right colours.)

Still not worth the paper they are printed on - and certainly not as
much as the colour ink/toner on them.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 19:06:52 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
So the cardboard box can change the energy efficiency rating?

Of course.

Just like a car can have different emissions depending on whether it's got a VW or a Skoda badge on the grille.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

wrote:

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
[...]

Is this the same as the now defunct HIP?

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

wrote:

On 05/07/2016 08:24, MM wrote:
[...]

Was this an EU thing, or can we at least lay sole blame at the Labour
government?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:23:08 +0100, MM wrote:

Is this the same as the now defunct HIP?

It's the one bit of the HIP that didn't die a quick death.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 07:22:55 UTC+1, MM wrote:
Is this the same as the now defunct HIP?

Up here we still have HIPS (well, Home Reports) and they seem to work quite well. Handy being able to read the survey before going to view.

Owain

Printing decals with alps Diecastfromthepast Metalworking 4 October 26th 14 01:52 PM
Decals RW Parker Woodworking 5 March 15th 07 04:59 AM
DECALS J T Woodworking 5 May 17th 06 08:48 PM
Decals Norvin (remove SPAM) Woodworking 7 May 25th 05 02:58 PM
Poly Decals Stewart Schooley Woodworking 5 December 24th 04 02:45 PM