Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Decals

Does anyone know of a good supplier of decal/sticker suitable for use
on wooden projects.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:40:28 GMT, RW Parker wrote:

Does anyone know of a good supplier of decal/sticker suitable for use
on wooden projects.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but may be worth a gander.
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/768-5020
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 2:40 pm, RW Parker wrote:
Does anyone know of a good supplier of decal/sticker suitable for use
on wooden projects.

Have you considered a branding iron?

http://www.hobbywoods.com/custom_branding_irons.htm

They last longer than decals and look better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RW Parker" wrote in message
47...
Does anyone know of a good supplier of decal/sticker suitable for use
on wooden projects.

I don't know just what you want but will warn you that decals do not stick
to raw wood very well. You will need to put some sort of finish on the wood
to get them to stick. I have found that on raw wood products that need a
decal a mixture of 3 parts white school glue and 1 part water works very
well and is nearly invisible. Just about any decal will work if you apply
this finish first to raw wood.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sweet sawdust" wrote in
:

"RW Parker" wrote in message
47...
Does anyone know of a good supplier of decal/sticker suitable for
use
on wooden projects.

I don't know just what you want but will warn you that decals do not
stick to raw wood very well. You will need to put some sort of finish
on the wood to get them to stick. I have found that on raw wood
products that need a decal a mixture of 3 parts white school glue and
1 part water works very well and is nearly invisible. Just about any
decal will work if you apply this finish first to raw wood.

Just be sure to get some decent quality white glue. I got some stuff
that Rose Art made, and no matter what I did to it, it always left white
streaks. So much for "dries clear."

Puckdropper

DECALS J T Woodworking 5 May 17th 06 08:48 PM
Decals Norvin (remove SPAM) Woodworking 7 May 25th 05 02:58 PM
Poly Decals Stewart Schooley Woodworking 5 December 24th 04 02:45 PM
Decals for Image Transfer Stewart Schooley Woodworking 1 December 23rd 04 05:03 PM