Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default DECALS

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/a...hp/t-8313.html

For those of you who want to put a decal on your work.

Personally, I've found decals to be a bit fragile over time. If
I'm going to put anything like that on my work I prefer a paper label.
I draw, or copy and cut & paste, until I get a design near what I want,
then pencil in changes, and finalize with ink, whiting out as wanted.
Then I go to a copy machine, enlarge, or delarge, the design, as many
copies as I want. If I'm planning on more later, I save the "master".
Color if desired (or before and use a color copier), cut out, glue on.
I use thinned glue, and soak the paper. Works very nicely indeed.
That's what I use for any "extra" I want to put on. For info on who
made the piece, I glue a business card inside, out of normal sight, with
the date penned on.

JOAT
To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.
- Unknown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

J T wrote:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/a...hp/t-8313.html

For those of you who want to put a decal on your work.

Personally, I've found decals to be a bit fragile over time. If
I'm going to put anything like that on my work I prefer a paper label.
I draw, or copy and cut & paste, until I get a design near what I want,
then pencil in changes, and finalize with ink, whiting out as wanted.
Then I go to a copy machine, enlarge, or delarge, the design, as many
copies as I want. If I'm planning on more later, I save the "master".
Color if desired (or before and use a color copier), cut out, glue on.
I use thinned glue, and soak the paper. Works very nicely indeed.
That's what I use for any "extra" I want to put on. For info on who
made the piece, I glue a business card inside, out of normal sight, with
the date penned on.

Theo, tell me, why come you only comes 'round when stryped is?

You stryped? *duck*

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark and Kim Smith

J T wrote:

[...]

Ah! You found the great Whizzerick!! All around great truck guy
(Stovebolt.com ) and great bike guy ( http://whizzerick.com/) He makes
a lot of neat stuff. Has a small homemade foundry at home.
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Fri, May 12, 2006, 9:25pm
(Mark*and*Kim*Smith) doth exclaimeth:
Ah! You found the great Whizzerick!! All around great truck guy
(Stovebolt.com ) and great bike guy (
http://whizzerick.com/) He makes a
lot of neat stuff. Has a small homemade foundry at home.

Ah! Actually, no. Found the decal link somewhere else.

Ah, Whizzers. Kinda neat. I owned a Sportsman Whizzer once.
Buddy of mine owned a regular type. And, I remeber when you could buy
one, running, for $5. You better believe that was a lonnng time ago.
Now they run in the hundreds, or thousands. I'd like to find a Cushman
Eagle I can afford.

JOAT
To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.
- Unknown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"J T" wrote in message
| http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/a...hp/t-8313.html
|
| For those of you who want to put a decal on your work.
|
| Personally, I've found decals to be a bit fragile over time. If
| I'm going to put anything like that on my work I prefer a paper label.
| I draw, or copy and cut & paste, until I get a design near what I want,
| then pencil in changes, and finalize with ink, whiting out as wanted.
| Then I go to a copy machine, enlarge, or delarge, the design, as many
| copies as I want. If I'm planning on more later, I save the "master".
| Color if desired (or before and use a color copier), cut out, glue on.
| I use thinned glue, and soak the paper. Works very nicely indeed.
| That's what I use for any "extra" I want to put on. For info on who
| made the piece, I glue a business card inside, out of normal sight, with
| the date penned on.

Make-your-own water-slide decal paper is available from many sources.
Versions are available for both laser and inkjet printers. One source is
http://www.MicroMark.com

(Just a satisfied consumer)

Norm