Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boxing Day

As one of the most obscure of the meaningless religious days of observance, can we get a petition up to celebrate and honour those the free countries of the world should respect as heroes?

I should like to nominate December the 26th as the official day to honour people who suffer for our freedom with the hope that it can give atheists, Muslims, other non-state religions a day to share with one another in celebration of rational though and sensibility.

And can we also have a petition for naming the day that the enquiry into the iniquitous behaviours of the morally destitute senior politicians comes out. Such a day should be called Iniquitous behaviours of the morally destitute senior politicians Day.

And how do we go about getting the required number of votes/signatures?

And another petition to get the government to ask the managers of Wikipedia to give Julian Assange a job with them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
[...]

Just follow the instructions and use social media to make it "KUL"

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 June 2016 18:03:45 UTC+1, Alan Dawes wrote:
In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
[...]

Kul?
I am just having a laugh at the politicians on here; the Bernie Sanders, Hilarious Clinton stuff is fanning my flames too.

How come she wants to plough through American politics with all that dreck in the recent past?

And throw **** in such a way against a gentleman who doesn't know how to fight dirty. It reminds me of the Jeremy Corbyn problem the Guardians of the UK galaxy has assigned him:

To get into position of leader of the opposition he has had to compromise and now he has the chance to clean house he is being written off. It is all a little previous.

And I just thought it was time for some light relief.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 June 2016 12:21:09 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

As one of the most obscure of the meaningless religious days of observance,

Boxing Day, as such, is not a religious day of significant observance; it is a Bank Holiday (which usually happens to be St Stephen's Day, but not a lot of people know that).

Another thing which not a lot of people know is that if Christmas Day is a Saturday then Boxing Day precedes or used to precede the substitute Christmas Day Bank Holiday.

--
(c) Dr. S. Lartius, UK. Gmail: dr.s.lartius@
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 11:21:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, 27 June 2016 12:21:09 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

As one of the most obscure of the meaningless religious days of observance,

Boxing Day, as such, is not a religious day of significant observance; it is a Bank Holiday (which usually happens to be St Stephen's Day, but not a lot of people know that).

Another thing which not a lot of people know is that if Christmas Day is a Saturday then Boxing Day precedes or used to precede the substitute Christmas Day Bank Holiday.

So we can't call it like what I said?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 11:21:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, 27 June 2016 12:21:09 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

As one of the most obscure of the meaningless religious days of
observance,

Boxing Day, as such, is not a religious day of significant observance;
it is a Bank Holiday (which usually happens to be St Stephen's Day,
but not a lot of people know that).

Another thing which not a lot of people know is that if Christmas Day
is a Saturday then Boxing Day precedes or used to precede the
substitute Christmas Day Bank Holiday.

So we can't call it like what I said?

Surely the right to call something like that a silly names is one of the
freedoms we've just had a referendum for? Or have the Express yet to run a
story saying the EU wanted to re-name it?

--
*It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 17:16:57 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 11:21:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Monday, 27 June 2016 12:21:09 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

As one of the most obscure of the meaningless religious days of
observance,

Boxing Day, as such, is not a religious day of significant observance;
it is a Bank Holiday (which usually happens to be St Stephen's Day,
but not a lot of people know that).

Another thing which not a lot of people know is that if Christmas Day
is a Saturday then Boxing Day precedes or used to precede the
substitute Christmas Day Bank Holiday.

So we can't call it like what I said?

Surely the right to call something like that a silly names is one of the
freedoms we've just had a referendum for? Or have the Express yet to run a
story saying the EU wanted to re-name it?

It would be nice to make the HP debate the wassist on the 6th
Chilcott Exoneration/Enquiry

What is Hot boxing? Brian Gaff UK diy 27 May 12th 13 10:16 PM
boxing pipework Fred UK diy 16 May 19th 09 03:16 PM
Boxing in Cistern TheScullster UK diy 6 March 8th 07 08:12 AM
Fireproofing when boxing in Ben Blaukopf UK diy 2 February 4th 07 11:39 PM
Boxing in gas pipe jon UK diy 3 November 13th 06 06:29 PM