Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default This must be crap, right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Well it is Am-tech whose products are low end. But it might get you out
of trouble even for hand use.
I'm tempted to get one for the tool drawer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message ...

GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Well it is Am-tech whose products are low end. But it might get you out of
trouble even for hand use.
I'm tempted to get one for the tool drawer.

Probably not the best quality, however I've ordered a couple to put in
strategic places in the workshop

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Well it is Am-tech whose products are low end. But it might get you
out of trouble even for hand use.
I'm tempted to get one for the tool drawer.

Probably not the best quality, however I've ordered a couple to put in
strategic places in the workshop

Andrew

Dammit Andrew! You always have to go one better lol
I've ordered one, you have to have two!

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 10:41:58 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message ...

GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...EACH-Magnetic-

Screwdriver-Bit-Hex-Adaptor-Power-Bit-Extension-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Well it is Am-tech whose products are low end. But it might get you
out of trouble even for hand use.
I'm tempted to get one for the tool drawer.

Probably not the best quality, however I've ordered a couple to put in
strategic places in the workshop

Andrew

Dammit Andrew! You always have to go one better lol I've ordered one,
you have to have two!

Bob

+1 (but not 2)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

Nope, bet its fine because it comes from china.

Just another example of one of the cheapest ways to get started, sell at a
loss initially.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/2016 10:01, GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

I have a couple of bits of AmTech stuff, and I would say its equal to or
slightly better than Silverline in my limited experience... not a high
recommendation admittedly, but certainly good enough for some jobs. I
bought some six small quick grip clamps, and a set of quite nicely
finished long reach hex keys with ball driver end which included a built
in magnet the other week from a market stall... had change from £20

The usual problem I find with long reach extensions is that the times
you need the reach, you often need something a slim as a screwdriver as
well, and the bit holder is too wide to fit into a recessed access.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 18 June 2016 12:41:16 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/06/2016 10:01, GB wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTR...-/322153636436

99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap?

I have a couple of bits of AmTech stuff, and I would say its equal to or
slightly better than Silverline in my limited experience... not a high
recommendation admittedly, but certainly good enough for some jobs. I
bought some six small quick grip clamps, and a set of quite nicely
finished long reach hex keys with ball driver end which included a built
in magnet the other week from a market stall... had change from £20

The usual problem I find with long reach extensions is that the times
you need the reach, you often need something a slim as a screwdriver as
well, and the bit holder is too wide to fit into a recessed access.

the solutions being very long hex bits or old fashioned screwdrivers. Or if stuck without the necessaries, cut the handle off a screwdriver & put it in the cordless.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
I have a couple of bits of AmTech stuff, and I would say its equal to or
slightly better than Silverline in my limited experience...

It can be difficult to assume uniform quality across all products from
this sort of name. They tend to buy at the best price from a variety of
makers and then slap their own label on things. Rather like Draper. So
some may be good, and some not so good. Just generally a lowish price.

It's why the Lidl/Aldi mode of selling such things results in excellent
value. No large range or stocks lying around for ages unsold.

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Who gives a crap? Wes[_5_] Metalworking 3 December 12th 10 12:37 AM
Crap! [email protected] Metalworking 1 July 8th 10 10:46 PM
IE Crap Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 37 March 5th 10 04:28 AM
Crap about crap flooding the newsgroups, floods the newsgroups! Twayne Woodworking 1 January 15th 08 05:26 AM
Had enough of the crap here D. J. Dorn Woodworking 47 April 5th 05 11:43 AM