Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dang! Bad timing.

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

Have a virtual wander around it

https://goo.gl/maps/uugoRyKUTG62

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

*makes mental note to go see this*

Thanks for the link. Higher res one he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvS8_H5rKs

It sounds like they start it with compressed air - is that right?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Tim+
escribió:

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

*makes mental note to go see this*

Thanks for the link. Higher res one he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvS8_H5rKs

It sounds like they start it with compressed air - is that right?

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/05/2016 08:24, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I mean all of the power, except that used up internally.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I can't tell from the video. Maybe the short runs are because it's
unloaded. Their web page says it was last used for emergency power
generation in 2003.

http://www.dieselhouse.dk/en/h-c-orsted-engine/

"where the amazed public gape at the 22,500 powerful horses unfolding in
an inferno of engine roars and pleasant-smelling diesel fumes"

Pleasant-smelling. Um, ok, whatever.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

You can't beat old technology though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBSfdBWSWY

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , GB
escribió:

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I can't tell from the video. Maybe the short runs are because it's
unloaded. Their web page says it was last used for emergency power
generation in 2003.

http://www.dieselhouse.dk/en/h-c-orsted-engine/

"where the amazed public gape at the 22,500 powerful horses unfolding in
an inferno of engine roars and pleasant-smelling diesel fumes"

Pleasant-smelling. Um, ok, whatever.

Woo bloody hoo!! Turns out they're having a special start up today!!

Apparently you can pay about 2,500 Danish Krone for a special start up.
(About £260). Sounds like the perfect birthday present. ;-)

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Dang! I still can do it! G Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] Metalworking 21 December 4th 10 03:39 PM
Dang! was looking for aluminium The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 14 September 1st 06 08:54 PM
Dang! Steve B Metalworking 9 December 27th 05 05:02 PM
Dang, now THAT'S a mortiser! Bruce Adams Woodworking 13 August 13th 05 05:20 AM
OT - Dang Sun. I'm a lobster! Mike W. Woodworking 1 April 10th 05 06:02 PM