DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dang! Bad timing. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/394690-dang-bad-timing.html)

Tim+[_5_] May 21st 16 09:59 PM

Dang! Bad timing.

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Andy Burns[_12_] May 21st 16 10:21 PM

Dang! Bad timing.

Tim+ wrote:

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

Have a virtual wander around it

https://goo.gl/maps/uugoRyKUTG62

Mike Tomlinson May 22nd 16 07:05 AM

Dang! Bad timing.

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

*makes mental note to go see this*

Thanks for the link. Higher res one he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvS8_H5rKs

It sounds like they start it with compressed air - is that right?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.

Tim+[_5_] May 22nd 16 07:28 AM

Dang! Bad timing.

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Tim+
escribió:

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

*makes mental note to go see this*

Thanks for the link. Higher res one he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvS8_H5rKs

It sounds like they start it with compressed air - is that right?

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

Mike Tomlinson May 22nd 16 08:24 AM

Dang! Bad timing.

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

--
(\_/)

GB May 22nd 16 03:09 PM

Dang! Bad timing.

On 22/05/2016 08:24, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

GB May 22nd 16 03:12 PM

Dang! Bad timing.

escribió:

Dunno but isn't that the usual method with big engines?

I've no idea, 'tis why I asked. Thanks for posting the link. I see
they run it for five minutes twice a month - guess that's the greenies
at work again (plus the cost of fuel!)

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I mean all of the power, except that used up internally.

Mike Tomlinson May 22nd 16 04:09 PM

Dang! Bad timing.

En el artículo , GB
escribió:

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I can't tell from the video. Maybe the short runs are because it's
unloaded. Their web page says it was last used for emergency power
generation in 2003.

http://www.dieselhouse.dk/en/h-c-orsted-engine/

"where the amazed public gape at the 22,500 powerful horses unfolding in
an inferno of engine roars and pleasant-smelling diesel fumes"

Pleasant-smelling. Um, ok, whatever. :)

--
(\_/)

Chris J Dixon May 23rd 16 08:31 AM

Dang! Bad timing.

Tim+ wrote:

Currently in Copenhagen about 400yds from this engine, and it's not running
while we're here. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.... :-( Just have to
come back I guess.

http://youtu.be/6JyRY9aiMOQ

You can't beat old technology though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBSfdBWSWY

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Tim+[_5_] May 23rd 16 09:53 AM

Dang! Bad timing.

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , GB
escribió:

When they run it, does it just tick over, or do they have a load on it
to absorb some of the power?

I can't tell from the video. Maybe the short runs are because it's
unloaded. Their web page says it was last used for emergency power
generation in 2003.

http://www.dieselhouse.dk/en/h-c-orsted-engine/

"where the amazed public gape at the 22,500 powerful horses unfolding in
an inferno of engine roars and pleasant-smelling diesel fumes"

Pleasant-smelling. Um, ok, whatever. :)

Woo bloody hoo!! Turns out they're having a special start up today!!

Apparently you can pay about 2,500 Danish Krone for a special start up.
(About £260). Sounds like the perfect birthday present. ;-)

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile