Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Wank drivers phoning up to complain about the van driver

That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van. Other
drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold his
home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him from
a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I think I
have dialed the wrong number".

I like that apprentice.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/21/2016 4:45 PM, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold
his home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him
from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I
think I have dialed the wrong number".

I like that apprentice.

Not all useless then! One shouldn't laugh.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 May 2016 16:45:57 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van. Other
drivers know who you are.

I phoned one of the 'How is my driving' numbers to compliment the
driver on his foresight and being 'A knight of the road', as lorry
drivers are supposed to be. The woman at the other end was confused
because she wasn't sure what I was complaining about? ;-)

3am this morning

snip

I know what you mean and many people say such but isn't '3am today'
the correct way of saying that? I know the 'this morning' is meant to
differentiate from 'any other morning' but ... shrug?

I *nearly* phoned the company of the van driver who must have cleaned
his old van out and left it in the kerb near ours (complete with
parking permits relating to the van) before taking on his new one. He
was caught on a neighbours CCTV so we knew when but you couldn't make
out the actual person etc.

And even if you do complain, you never know what people might do when
*they* feel they have been hard done by, even when 100% guilty! (Not
suggesting anything of course). ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 16:46:15 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him from
a phone box

He didn't write the number next to the phone did he?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your driving?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold
his home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him
from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I
think I have dialed the wrong number".

So you drive like a tube are caught and reported yet the person
complaining is the ****** not the person who drove like an arsehole in
the first place.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2016 19:05, soup wrote:
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold
his home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him
from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I
think I have dialed the wrong number".

So you drive like a tube are caught and reported yet the person
complaining is the ****** not the person who drove like an arsehole in
the first place.

If the victim reads this group the company could get a rather large
~£50k fine for leaking that phone number.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 21/05/2016 19:05, soup wrote:
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the
van. Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to
withhold his home phone number when he called the office to
complian. 3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice
called
him from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh
sorry I think I have dialed the wrong number".

So you drive like a tube are caught and reported yet the person
complaining is the ****** not the person who drove like an arsehole
in the first place.

If the victim reads this group the company could get a rather large
~£50k fine for leaking that phone number.

ARW is a spark who lives in Barnsley and bought a council house.
Enough said?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2016 20:02, dennis@home wrote:
On 21/05/2016 19:05, soup wrote:
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold
his home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him
from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I
think I have dialed the wrong number".

So you drive like a tube are caught and reported yet the person
complaining is the ****** not the person who drove like an arsehole in
the first place.

If the victim reads this group the company could get a rather large
~£50k fine for leaking that phone number.

Do you have evidence of that?

The 'victim' had the opportunity of withholding their number, so not at
all obvious he didn't want it disseminated to all and sundry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your driving?

All of them.

And then there's the furious ****ing in the back of the van...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2016 19:05, soup wrote:
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
[...]

ICO is not evidence.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Depends what the complaint was about in the first place of course.I'd like
to get my hands on a large van driver, the van is large not the driver, at
least I guess so, who regularly tries to get up my road in the middle of the
evening when according to others there is a clear sign down the road
suggesting no commercial vehicles wider than x past this point.
The issue is that there are cars parked both sides and this sort of idiot
damages cars or starts people coming out and moving cars etc. I'm sure they
must have had a moan, but it is now happening three times a week.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 5/21/2016 4:45 PM, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday forgot to withhold
his home phone number when he called the office to complian.

3am this morning after leaving the night club the apprentice called him
from a phone box and said "Can I have lift home please Dad? Oh sorry I
think I have dialed the wrong number".

I like that apprentice.

Not all useless then! One shouldn't laugh.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"GB" wrote in message
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your driving?

Only two AFAIK and one of them was a woman driver so her views do not count.

It was the apprentice that was driving on Frday and he drove very well and
did nothing wrong.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.com...

You do talk some ********.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 May 2016 17:13:30 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van. Other
drivers know who you are.

You could always replace it with what I saw on a pickup in California:
"How's my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT-**** to comment".

snip

;-)

We live by a junction where the 'main' road is a dead-end about 100m
on.

The majority of the traffic is between the main road and one of the
opposing side roads (like a crossroad) (in and out).

Soooo, it's now as if the 'main route' is between the main and one
side road. This often causes issues for people entering and exiting
said dead end because of those not fully obeying the side road rules.
eg. They will just pull out onto the main road assuming there will be
no through traffic that has authority.

Such an instance happened just now and the car, having to make
allowances for the car just puling out onto the main road (to avoid
what could have been an RTA) gave the offender a load of horn (I
should imagine they get fed up with it) and the driver of the
offending car stopped, got out and went back to the hootee. It looked
like he was sort of apologising but you never know what might happen,
even when someone is clearly in the wrong these days. ;-(

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"GB" wrote in message
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your driving?

Only two AFAIK and one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

It was the apprentice that was driving on Frday and he drove very well and
did nothing wrong.

from the view at the front :-)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

However, no views aired to a 'how's my driving?' line have any validity.
Friend of mine had a complaint logged because the (legally required)
beacons on his van were upsetting someone's parrot.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:31:01 +0100, tim... wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm not
sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming and
I'm sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

In fact, they introduced one locally a long time ago. Road A in sweeping
curve was intersected at a T junction by road B. Then they had to remove
the curve and make it a right angle (because the curve was under the
bridge for a new trunk road). Road A is now in a straight line and
'becomes' road B, and the rest of road B is now a T junction with Give
Way lines.

Well, that's how it was until last year. Now the second part of road A
has been renamed road C, which was previously the name of a cul de sac
off that part of road A! Lots of houses have new addresses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:31:01 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

If I was driving down a road I think I'd assume that the road (name)
continued as per the road markings (otherwise, what defines that as 'a
road'). Now, I know there are roads (typically on new estates) where
an area is all named the same thing ('The Larches' for example) where
there is a main route of 'The Larches' and side roads that are road
marked as such (T junction markings) that are also 'The larches'.
Often these same-named side roads have a name marking that says 'The
Larches, Nos 50 - 70'. (or Evens 50 - 70).

That's not to say that a single road can't change it's name without
any road markings but would generally have two names side_by_side at
the point of change ('The High Street' next to 'Chelmsford Way' etc).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scott M" wrote in message
soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

However, no views aired to a 'how's my driving?' line have any validity.

Oh

so ringing up to complain that your driver spent 4 miles blocking the RH
lane trying to overtake before giving up and having to pull back in behind
the vehicle he failed to overtake doesn't count?

How about if that act was performed immediately after the "get away" from
traffic lights where the road increased from one lane to two and there were
already a queue of 20 cars behind you before you butted you way into the RH
lane?

(an no I haven't made that example up!)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm not
sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming and
I'm sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

In fact, they introduced one locally a long time ago. Road A in sweeping
curve was intersected at a T junction by road B. Then they had to remove
the curve and make it a right angle (because the curve was under the
bridge for a new trunk road). Road A is now in a straight line and
'becomes' road B, and the rest of road B is now a T junction with Give
Way lines.

In our instance your road A is the straight though (to a dead end) and
the road B is the side turning.

Well, that's how it was until last year. Now the second part of road A
has been renamed road C,

And that was what I was suggesting where a road becomes 'cut' by road
markings and therefore (as in your case) ends up being given a new
name.

which was previously the name of a cul de sac
off that part of road A! Lots of houses have new addresses.

So in our case, where the main road (to a dead end) is the 'main road'
but the main traffic flow comes and goes via the side road B, if you
made that the priority traffic flow by moving the T junction markings
at the top of B over to the dead-end bit of A, should that bit then be
called C and an additional road sign put at the boundary of A and B,
indicating you are on A at that point?

That sounds too much like algebra to even understand it myself! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:31:01 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

If I was driving down a road I think I'd assume that the road (name)
continued as per the road markings (otherwise, what defines that as 'a
road')

The fact that it was the through route 100 years ago.

There are lots of places where only part of a route has been realigned but
the whole of the previous road kept its name.

Try the junction of Morden Road and the "newly" constructed Merantum Way to
re-align the A24 in South Wimbledon.

(not the best example cos that junction is traffic light controlled, but the
best I can do in 2 minutes)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:43:05 +0100, Scott M wrote:

soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

Michelle Mouton and Sabine Schmitz are brought to mind.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 12:33:06 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

If I was driving down a road I think I'd assume that the road (name)
continued as per the road markings (otherwise, what defines that as 'a
road')

The fact that it was the through route 100 years ago.

Well, sure, but those would still generally be called the same thing,
either side of the obstruction etc (or Road East / Road West etc).

There are lots of places where only part of a route has been realigned but
the whole of the previous road kept its name.

Oh, ok. Like I said, I wasn't suggesting that wasn't the case, just
that I wasn't aware of any.

Try the junction of Morden Road and the "newly" constructed Merantum Way to
re-align the A24 in South Wimbledon.

(not the best example cos that junction is traffic light controlled, but the
best I can do in 2 minutes)

;-)

Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 12:39, Mark Allread wrote:
Sabine Schmitz are brought to mind.

They're all dirty them German birds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

Michelle Mouton and Sabine Schmitz are brought to mind.

Sex AND speed.

And Susie Wolf.

Women actually are capable of being far more then the feminists will let
them.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 13:56:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Michelle Mouton and Sabine Schmitz are brought to mind.

Sex AND speed.

And Susie Wolf.

Women actually are capable of being far more then the feminists will let
them.

:-)

--
'You've got the loudest silences I ever did hear from anyone who wasn't
dead!'
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"soup" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

I suggest you watch a school run then. Stating facts is not sexist.

Why can I reverse park a Scudo (with no rear windows or parking sensors)
into a space that most women cannot park a Hyundai i10?

Simple - when I got the van I thought "**** me this is going to be a *******
to park" so I took the van into an empty car park and spent 30 minutes
perfecting my reverse parking in that van.

It's not me that looks like a **** when parking up (apart fom that time my
parents garage door needing replacing due to a vertical height restriction
and I forgot about the new roof bars I had just fitted to my VH Combo)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/05/2016 14:59, ARW wrote:
"soup" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

I suggest you watch a school run then. Stating facts is not sexist.

Why can I reverse park a Scudo (with no rear windows or parking sensors)
into a space that most women cannot park a Hyundai i10?

Simple - when I got the van I thought "**** me this is going to be a
******* to park" so I took the van into an empty car park and spent 30
minutes perfecting my reverse parking in that van.

It's not me that looks like a **** when parking up (apart fom that time
my parents garage door needing replacing due to a vertical height
restriction and I forgot about the new roof bars I had just fitted to my
VH Combo)

None of that seems relevant to the question of whether a woman's views
on your driving count?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"GB" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 14:59, ARW wrote:
"soup" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

[...]

I did say women drivers, not just women. However I could not give a ****
about anything a woman has to say about my driving as women are **** at
driving.

Have you ever played "spot the slit arse driver"? I have a 90% correct rate
in that game.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 May 2016 12:33:06 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:31:01 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
m...

[...]

well try A257 Ash By-pass

"Sandwich road" continues into the village whilst the main route continues
onto "Ash Bypass" (no expense spared on thinking up a name here!) and at the
other end of the village "Pedding Hill" continues back onto the main route
after the bypass ends.

I've also found a couple more where the junction is controlled: Canterbury
Road at Hawkinge bypass and A256 London Road out of Dover, both have
roundabouts where the main route diverts from the road name.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"tim..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"GB" wrote in message
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your
driving?

Only two AFAIK and one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

It was the apprentice that was driving on Frday and he drove very well
and did nothing wrong.

from the view at the front :-)

Wank driver vs my apprentice - I was in the passenger seat and the
apprentice did nothing wrong.

I'll back them all the way if they have done nothing wrong.

Maybe I should not have leant out of the passenger window and spat on the
******s windscreen when we overtook him.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:57:05 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:
snip

Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

well try A257 Ash By-pass

"Sandwich road" continues into the village whilst the main route continues
onto "Ash Bypass" (no expense spared on thinking up a name here!) and at the
other end of the village "Pedding Hill" continues back onto the main route
after the bypass ends.

That sorta makes sense *because* it's bypass so 'bypassing' the
existing etc?

I've also found a couple more where the junction is controlled: Canterbury
Road at Hawkinge bypass and A256 London Road out of Dover, both have
roundabouts where the main route diverts from the road name.

It would be interesting to hear of any more 'local' roads where they
have changed the effective 'main route' to reflect the main traffic
flow etc.

Funnily enough we have the issue of the 'main route' no longer being
on the 'main road' and because so many people (specifically 'locals')
assume an oncoming vehicle *will* be turning they sometimes pull out
in front of people who aren't (to their surprise if they aren't
'local' and ready for such things).

I've also noticed on a small 3 exit roundabout (that used to be a T
junction) where people indicate left to show those waiting on the
opposite junction to go left or straight ahead that they *aren't*
turning right. It's like a form of positive confirmation to show other
drivers they simply hadn't forgotten to indicate they were turning
right (into what would have been the side road, pre roundabout) and it
certainly helps the traffic flow (and why the locals do it of course).
;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 13:02, T i m wrote:
Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Where I live the named road (which is a fairly major, through road) has
multiple D loops, multiple dead-end legs off both sides, all called by
the same single name. There are some other turns off the road which have
their own names. Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly
changes to a completely different name for no obvious reason.

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:24:24 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

On 22/05/2016 13:02, T i m wrote:
Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Where I live the named road (which is a fairly major, through road) has
multiple D loops, multiple dead-end legs off both sides, all called by
the same single name.

Yeah, we have those around here. Are the side roads indicated as such
by the road markings OOI (like a std 'T' junction)?

There are some other turns off the road which have
their own names.

Ok, again, 'reasonable' (in a bizarre way), especially if the road /
junction markings suggest they are 'different' roads. That's what we
have here, even though it doesn't reflect the actual traffic flow (and
can't because it's a dead end and the side road (onto an estate) was
built well after). The question is should they change the road
markings to better reflect the actual traffic flow?

Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly
changes to a completely different name for no obvious reason.

Again, whilst bizarre (without any logical explanation and assuming
the names are signposted) it's not wrong.

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

Ah, now that can be a bugger, especially if you are trying to find the
back or the garage that goes with a place! ;-)

Cheers, T i m