Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Wank drivers phoning up to complain about the van driver

On 22/05/2016 21:26, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 20:24:24 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

On 22/05/2016 13:02, T i m wrote:
Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Where I live the named road (which is a fairly major, through road) has
multiple D loops, multiple dead-end legs off both sides, all called by
the same single name.

Yeah, we have those around here. Are the side roads indicated as such
by the road markings OOI (like a std 'T' junction)?

Difficult to know. The white markings such as exist almost don't exist -
they have mostly disappeared. I think most of them should have such
markings. One is like a triangle round a green with a tail on the far
side - think that doesn't!

There are some other turns off the road which have
their own names.

Ok, again, 'reasonable' (in a bizarre way), especially if the road /
junction markings suggest they are 'different' roads. That's what we
have here, even though it doesn't reflect the actual traffic flow (and
can't because it's a dead end and the side road (onto an estate) was
built well after). The question is should they change the road
markings to better reflect the actual traffic flow?

I think the main flow is OK and aligns with the markings such as they are.

Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly
changes to a completely different name for no obvious reason.

Again, whilst bizarre (without any logical explanation and assuming
the names are signposted) it's not wrong.

The road names do appear on roadside signs, but you'd almost certainly
not notice them unless you were primed to look - or were very lucky.

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

Ah, now that can be a bugger, especially if you are trying to find the
back or the garage that goes with a place! ;-)

There are signs that say something like 101 to 121. But you might very
well have to turn off the main road and go down the loop to find, say,
113. 100 to 120 will be on the other side of the main part of the road,
but quite often not opposite 101 to 121. Half the number signs are
unreadable for one reason or another...

You end up having to read the numbers on the houses. Most people who
even have numbers only put them on the front which often does not face
the road. (We have number front and back.)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 12:09, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:31:01 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

Silver Street/Trumpington Road in Cambridge is the first one which comes
to mind for me.

https://goo.gl/maps/ScUtyF6agS22

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 17:35, ARW wrote:

Maybe I should not have leant out of the passenger window and spat on
the ******s windscreen when we overtook him.

It's like teaser trailers - I now want to know the whole story :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 May 2016 22:36:15 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

snip

Yeah, we have those around here. Are the side roads indicated as such
by the road markings OOI (like a std 'T' junction)?

Difficult to know. The white markings such as exist almost don't exist -
they have mostly disappeared.

I think that is often the case with the 'back streets' as they don't
seem to use a thick a marking as they do on the bigger junctions.

I think most of them should have such
markings. One is like a triangle round a green with a tail on the far
side - think that doesn't!

;-)

There are some other turns off the road which have
their own names.

Ok, again, 'reasonable' (in a bizarre way), especially if the road /
junction markings suggest they are 'different' roads. That's what we
have here, even though it doesn't reflect the actual traffic flow (and
can't because it's a dead end and the side road (onto an estate) was
built well after). The question is should they change the road
markings to better reflect the actual traffic flow?

I think the main flow is OK and aligns with the markings such as they are.

Ok thanks.

Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly
changes to a completely different name for no obvious reason.

Again, whilst bizarre (without any logical explanation and assuming
the names are signposted) it's not wrong.

The road names do appear on roadside signs, but you'd almost certainly
not notice them unless you were primed to look - or were very lucky.

I've noticed that as well.

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

Ah, now that can be a bugger, especially if you are trying to find the
back or the garage that goes with a place! ;-)

There are signs that say something like 101 to 121. But you might very
well have to turn off the main road and go down the loop to find, say,
113. 100 to 120 will be on the other side of the main part of the road,
but quite often not opposite 101 to 121. Half the number signs are
unreadable for one reason or another...

Yup. Signs missing, covered by an overgrown hedge or just poorly
placed (where you don't know what bit of the road(s) they apply to).

You end up having to read the numbers on the houses. Most people who
even have numbers only put them on the front which often does not face
the road.

Great!

(We have number front and back.)

Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

Silver Street/Trumpington Road in Cambridge is the first one which comes
to mind for me.

https://goo.gl/maps/ScUtyF6agS22

Ah, forgot that one. I used to have some very nice dinners at the other
end of Silver Street!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming

Ok.

and I'm
sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

You are probably right it's just that I can't think of any.

Silver Street/Trumpington Road in Cambridge is the first one which comes
to mind for me.

https://goo.gl/maps/ScUtyF6agS22

Cheers, yes, that's the sort of thing I was looking for.

So the old 'high road' now has the traffic diverted (except for Taxis
and access etc) and back onto that general direction a bit further on
I presume? A local 'city bypass' to make the town centre more
pedestrian friendly?

I wouldn't make any difference that our 'old main road' stopped after
a 100m or so as it has done so for many years.

Maybe I'll put it forward to the council as it should only cost them
some white paint and an additional road name sign or two and may save
someone an RTA.

The only downside is that it would probably allow the local racers and
rat-runners to go round there even quicker (well, come out onto the
main road as they already go into it as fast as they like) because at
the moment they are 'supposed' to give way on the way out and so would
be guilty if they caused an RTA by not doing so.

Human safety over culpability?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 20:24, polygonum wrote:
On 22/05/2016 13:02, T i m wrote:
Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Where I live the named road (which is a fairly major, through road) has
multiple D loops, multiple dead-end legs off both sides, all called by
the same single name. There are some other turns off the road which have
their own names. Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly
changes to a completely different name for no obvious reason.

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

There is one near me that branches like a tree, all the same name.
The numbers are stupid they go something like 1,2,5,7,13,9,7 and that's
before you get to the first branch. They have resorted to putting signs
up that say which numbers are down which bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 11:43, Scott M wrote:
soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

However, no views aired to a 'how's my driving?' line have any validity.
Friend of mine had a complaint logged because the (legally required)
beacons on his van were upsetting someone's parrot.

What legally requires beacons?
AFAIK they are optional even on emergency vehicles.
The law states something like "you can fit and use them if you want".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:57:05 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:
snip

Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

well try A257 Ash By-pass

"Sandwich road" continues into the village whilst the main route continues
onto "Ash Bypass" (no expense spared on thinking up a name here!) and at
the
other end of the village "Pedding Hill" continues back onto the main route
after the bypass ends.

That sorta makes sense *because* it's bypass so 'bypassing' the
existing etc?

we weren't discussing whether it was sensible

you postulated that it wasn't "allowed" and asked for examples to prove that
it was.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 13:02, T i m wrote:
Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

Where I live the named road (which is a fairly major, through road) has
multiple D loops, multiple dead-end legs off both sides, all called by the
same single name. There are some other turns off the road which have their
own names. Then, at one end of the main part, the road suddenly changes to
a completely different name for no obvious reason.

That's typical of modern(ish) estates

The house numbering is also next to impossible to follow. Makes a bit of
sense if you have a map with house numbers but without that you are lost.

My flat is numbered on the basis of the road that it overlooks.

But the block is on the corner and the entrance is in the side road.

the other flats in the block overlook that side road and are numbered
accordingly

I am number 1XX my neighbours are 5 and 11!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"tim..." wrote in message

"ARW" wrote in message
"GB" wrote in message
On 21/05/2016 16:45, ARW wrote:
That's the trouble with having the companies phone number on the van.
Other drivers know who you are.

However the ****** that called the office yesterday

Just how many ******s phone up the office to complain about your
driving?

Only two AFAIK and one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

It was the apprentice that was driving on Frday and he drove very well
and did nothing wrong.

from the view at the front :-)

Wank driver vs my apprentice - I was in the passenger seat

presumably of a van, so you had no view at all as to what was happening out
back.

and the apprentice did nothing wrong.

As you can't see what's going on behind you, how can you be sure?

Look, I accept that on the balance of probability you are right, but it is
simply impossible for someone sitting in the passenger seat of a van to be
100% sure that the driver "did nothing wrong", just because that part of his
driving that you could see was careful and considerate - though the idea
that there night be some relationship between white van man and considerate
driving is a stretch :-)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
On 22/05/2016 09:08, ARW wrote:

one of them was a woman driver so her views do not
count.

I am pretty unreconstructed but that strikes even me as incredibly
sexist.

Oh I dunno. Most drivers are pretty crap but the absolute pinacle of
inability is won by a woman every time.

However, no views aired to a 'how's my driving?' line have any
validity.
Friend of mine had a complaint logged because the (legally required)
beacons on his van were upsetting someone's parrot.

What legally requires beacons?
AFAIK they are optional even on emergency vehicles.
The law states something like "you can fit and use them if you want".

If the vehicle insurance stipulated warning beacons in a certain
situation, then if they weren't used, the insurance would be invalid.

That would be illegal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 23 May 2016 11:02:21 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 22/05/2016 11:43, Scott M wrote:
However, no views aired to a 'how's my driving?' line have any validity..
Friend of mine had a complaint logged because the (legally required)
beacons on his van were upsetting someone's parrot.

What legally requires beacons?
AFAIK they are optional even on emergency vehicles.

Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual. Not directly required by law, but many highway organisations require compliance for access to their work sites. As it is illegal to work on highways without permission from the highways authority for the road, compliance is therefore indirectly but legally required.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/05/2016 17:35, ARW wrote:

Maybe I should not have leant out of the passenger window and spat on
the ******s windscreen when we overtook him.

Sweet! But not believable.

Say you were doing 60 MPH during the overtake, it would have been blown
back in your face. Or maybe down the side of the van. But definitely not
on the overtakee's windscreen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/16 12:38, Bob Eager wrote:

If the vehicle insurance stipulated warning beacons in a certain
situation, then if they weren't used, the insurance would be invalid.

That would be illegal.

Maybe, but that's not a *criminal* offence, its a tort.

"Saki"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 23:14:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

My wheelie bins been put in the right place now for 3 consequitive weeks.
That could be a record.

Yes we have not sire that the word is but lees than normal people collect our bins. I don;t think one is particualr can read, next doors bin keeps ending up in another front garden an she gets annoyed. The majority of bins have the numbers written on them. But soem just don;t end up back in the right garden{S}
Anther I think has torrets as I can herar him before I see him he has bouts of shouting out, and everyone else is ignoring him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"GB" wrote in message
On 22/05/2016 17:35, ARW wrote:

Maybe I should not have leant out of the passenger window and spat on
the ******s windscreen when we overtook him.

Sweet! But not believable.

Say you were doing 60 MPH during the overtake, it would have been blown
back in your face. Or maybe down the side of the van. But definitely not
on the overtakee's windscreen.

It was a direct hit - and I have practiced this before. If you stick your
head well out of the passenger window then the windscreen of the car you are
overtaking is directly behind you. If you can spit 2 feet then the 60mph is
only relative.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 May 2016 14:15:08 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 23/05/16 12:38, Bob Eager wrote:

If the vehicle insurance stipulated warning beacons in a certain
situation, then if they weren't used, the insurance would be invalid.

That would be illegal.

Maybe, but that's not a *criminal* offence, its a tort.

It's not criminal to drive with no insurance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tim...
writes

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

I was wondering if the road markings should be changed to reflect the
traffic flow as that might make it safer all round ... however, I'm
not sure how that would reflect the road names (roads generally being
indicated by the continuity of their markings)?

There is no requirement for road markings to follow the road naming and
I'm sure there are thousands of examples where they don't

tim

Gresty Road in Crewe by the football ground. main road carries on up
South Street - to name but one.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 23:14, T i m wrote:
Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

Round here, we each have three wheelie bins. Most people, at best, put
the number on only one side. So there are three other sides to be facing
you and many are the side facing another bin.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/16 19:58, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2016 14:15:08 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 23/05/16 12:38, Bob Eager wrote:

If the vehicle insurance stipulated warning beacons in a certain
situation, then if they weren't used, the insurance would be invalid.

That would be illegal.

Maybe, but that's not a *criminal* offence, its a tort.

It's not criminal to drive with no insurance?

You aren't driving with no insurance.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 May 2016 11:18:54 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 May 2016 16:57:05 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:
snip

Exactly, I can't think of any good / obvious ones either. ;-)

well try A257 Ash By-pass

"Sandwich road" continues into the village whilst the main route continues
onto "Ash Bypass" (no expense spared on thinking up a name here!) and at
the
other end of the village "Pedding Hill" continues back onto the main route
after the bypass ends.

That sorta makes sense *because* it's bypass so 'bypassing' the
existing etc?

we weren't discussing whether it was sensible

You might not have been but I was discussing all aspects of it. ;-)

you postulated that it wasn't "allowed" and asked for examples to prove that
it was.

I had no feeling about it being 'allowed' or not. I was just asking
for examples to demonstrate such in use ITRW as I wasn't aware of any
round here (not even saying there aren't any, just that I wasn't aware
of them).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 May 2016 07:25:38 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 23:14:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

My wheelie bins been put in the right place now for 3 consequitive weeks.
That could be a record.

Yes we have not sire that the word is but lees than normal people collect our bins. I don;t think one is particualr can read, next doors bin keeps ending up in another front garden an she gets annoyed. The majority of bins have the numbers written on them. But soem just don;t end up back in the right garden{S}

Do they do your typing for you as well.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 23:14:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

My wheelie bins been put in the right place now for 3 consequitive weeks.
That could be a record.

Yes we have not sire that the word is but lees than normal people collect
our bins. I don;t think one is particualr can read, next doors bin keeps
ending up in another front garden an she gets annoyed. The majority of
bins have the numbers written on them. But soem just don;t end up back in
the right garden{S}

Do they do your typing for you as well.

Nar, it's the cheap booze that does that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 23 May 2016 20:29:11 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 22/05/2016 23:14, T i m wrote:
Sometimes you have to hope they have numbers on their wheely bins or
you have to work it out from 5 houses along. ;-(

Round here, we each have three wheelie bins.

I have a black, Green and brown ones.

Most people, at best, put
the number on only one side.

My niegbour has her no. written on the top.

So there are three other sides to be facing
you and many are the side facing another bin.

I wrote my number on the front you know the bit that they lok at in order to fid the lip of the lid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 May 2016 02:43:03 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

Round here, we each have three wheelie bins.

I have a black, Green and brown ones.

What's a wheelie bin? One half full blue bag of landfill 99% plastic
film wrapings every fortnight from here. Everything else is recycled,
green box and two green bags.

Wheelie bins are far to slow, the wheels of the truck barely stop
moving when they collect our blue bag. Truck pulls up with passenger
side door next to bag, chap hops out, throws tighly rolled
replacement bag(s) into parking area, grabs full bag, truck has now
pulled forward its length, chap lobs bag into back, jogs to the
front, gets in and off they go. Blink and you miss it. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 May 2016 20:25:33 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2016 02:43:03 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

Round here, we each have three wheelie bins.

I have a black, Green and brown ones.

What's a wheelie bin?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wh...w=1677&bih=886

One half full blue bag of landfill 99% plastic
film wrapings every fortnight from here. Everything else is recycled,
green box and two green bags.

I have a brown box too.

Wheelie bins are far to slow,

Have you thought about putting a speed strip down the side, or whatever else people do to make their cars car faster ?

the wheels of the truck barely stop
moving when they collect our blue bag.

we haven't got blue bags.

Truck pulls up with passenger
side door next to bag, chap hops out, throws tighly rolled
replacement bag(s) into parking area, grabs full bag, truck has now
pulled forward its length, chap lobs bag into back, jogs to the
front, gets in and off they go. Blink and you miss it. B-)

you don't have cars parked in your street then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 May 2016 04:27:09 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

the wheels of the truck barely stop moving when they collect our

blue
bag.

we haven't got blue bags.

But if you had bags rather than half a dozen wheelie bins the refuse
collection would go that much faster the council wouldn't need to
employ so many teams. (Or more likely the outsourced company
wouldn't). In town a couple of guys collect al the bags into heaps
every hundred yards or so, ahead of the arrival of the refuse truck.

you don't have cars parked in your street then.

The only parked cars here are ours, off the road. A road that doesn't
really have a name, only the properties along it are named. The only
thing with a number is the road itself, the C3039.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 May 2016 01:11:42 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

But if you had bags rather than half a dozen wheelie bins the refuse
collection would go that much faster the council wouldn't need to employ
so many teams. (Or more likely the outsourced company wouldn't). In town
a couple of guys collect al the bags into heaps every hundred yards or
so, ahead of the arrival of the refuse truck.

We used to have them. They were phased out in favour of bins. I wasn't
entirely convinced, but:

- the bins don't tend to blow down the road
- the wildlife (foxes/birds etc.) don't pull the bags apart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016 01:11:42 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

But if you had bags rather than half a dozen wheelie bins the refuse
collection would go that much faster the council wouldn't need to employ
so many teams. (Or more likely the outsourced company wouldn't). In town
a couple of guys collect al the bags into heaps every hundred yards or
so, ahead of the arrival of the refuse truck.

We used to have them. They were phased out in favour of bins. I wasn't
entirely convinced, but:

- the bins don't tend to blow down the road
- the wildlife (foxes/birds etc.) don't pull the bags apart

Yes. Bins are *much* better than bags, generally. In areas of dense
housing you may need to stick to bags as the houses don't have the
space to store the bins.

Generally, I like having wheelie bins. But the blue one for recyclable
stuff is quite light even when full, and the shape (tall and narrow)
makes it a bit unstable. When there's a high wind, we have litter
everywhere around here, since about ten percent of them (usually the
ones left on a slope) get blown over. Fortunately, I have a hedge to
shield mine, but you also need to make sure it's still visible and close
to the road, so you can't completely shelter it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:21:05 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016 01:11:42 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

But if you had bags rather than half a dozen wheelie bins the refuse
collection would go that much faster the council wouldn't need to
employ so many teams. (Or more likely the outsourced company
wouldn't). In town a couple of guys collect al the bags into heaps
every hundred yards or so, ahead of the arrival of the refuse truck.

We used to have them. They were phased out in favour of bins. I wasn't
entirely convinced, but:

- the bins don't tend to blow down the road - the wildlife (foxes/birds
etc.) don't pull the bags apart

Yes. Bins are *much* better than bags, generally. In areas of dense
housing you may need to stick to bags as the houses don't have the space
to store the bins.

Yes, they allow that round here. Special reinforced, reusable bags in
parts of Margate, due to the seagulls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 May 2016 11:27:08 +0100, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

[...]

Yes...I suspect that if I crushed everything properly and recycled more
glass bottles and jars, it would be OK. But it wouldn't need emptying on
the usual 2 week cycle!

(actually, it would. My sons accumulate vast amounts in their rooms and
then dump it out all at once)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 26 May 2016 01:11:46 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016 04:27:09 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

the wheels of the truck barely stop moving when they collect our

blue
bag.

we haven't got blue bags.

But if you had bags rather than half a dozen wheelie bins the refuse
collection would go that much faster the council wouldn't need to
employ so many teams.

No it would take longer as foxes would rumage through the bags as this is what happens when somne peole leave out extar bags.
A few weeks ago thre was a fox inside one of those smallish 'trucks' with a tall metal cage on the back they tour the strets loking for odd junk peole have thrown out.
it was 2am as I was walking past I heard a noise and a fox climber up the wire and out over the top.

(Or more likely the outsourced company
wouldn't). In town a couple of guys collect al the bags into heaps
every hundred yards or so, ahead of the arrival of the refuse truck.

that's how the wheelie bin collection works too.

you don't have cars parked in your street then.

The only parked cars here are ours, off the road. A road that doesn't
really have a name, only the properties along it are named. The only
thing with a number is the road itself, the C3039.

A bit more congested than the avarage london road, where the cars are bumper to bumper even when parked.

I've been wonderign where all those high rise building have car parks, most don;t they are designed for peole travling by public transport otherwise tehy wouldn;t mention how close oxford circus is.