Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lanyard for Makita 10.8V drill/driver & impact driver?

Anyone know where to find - or how to make - a lanyard which can be
attached to a Makita 10.8V Li-Ion driver?

I bought a pair at the turn of the year (HP330D drill/driver and TD090D
impact driver). Very happy with them so far: they are small and light;
and keep up easily with my short days/slow pace. But when working from
a ladder I miss the ability to attach a lanyard. All I have found so
far are holsters which don't appeal as they still risk my discovering
how far they bounce when dropped 6m onto concrete from clumsy fingers.
I've also failed to find a way to tie cords around them without getting
in the way of the trigger and/or chuck.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2015 10:40, Robin wrote:
Anyone know where to find - or how to make - a lanyard which can be
attached to a Makita 10.8V Li-Ion driver?

I bought a pair at the turn of the year (HP330D drill/driver and TD090D
impact driver). Very happy with them so far: they are small and light;
and keep up easily with my short days/slow pace. But when working from
a ladder I miss the ability to attach a lanyard. All I have found so
far are holsters which don't appeal as they still risk my discovering
how far they bounce when dropped 6m onto concrete from clumsy fingers.
I've also failed to find a way to tie cords around them without getting
in the way of the trigger and/or chuck.

Not familiar with that model, but a generic way to attach a cord is to
lay it along the back of the handgrip, and secure with multiple turns of
PVC "electrical" tape wound between the trigger and the bottom of the
handle. Add a knot at the top of the cord to reduce the chance of
pull-through on a drop. Apply the tape with plenty of tension.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 May 2015 10:40:08 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
Anyone know where to find - or how to make - a lanyard which can be
attached to a Makita 10.8V Li-Ion driver?

I bought a pair at the turn of the year (HP330D drill/driver and TD090D
impact driver). Very happy with them so far: they are small and light;
and keep up easily with my short days/slow pace. But when working from
a ladder I miss the ability to attach a lanyard. All I have found so
far are holsters which don't appeal as they still risk my discovering
how far they bounce when dropped 6m onto concrete from clumsy fingers.
I've also failed to find a way to tie cords around them without getting
in the way of the trigger and/or chuck.

Sandpaper + Araldite a lanyard onto the bottom of the battery perhaps?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2015 12:40, Martin Bonner wrote:
On Thursday, 7 May 2015 10:40:08 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
Anyone know where to find - or how to make - a lanyard which can be
attached to a Makita 10.8V Li-Ion driver?

I bought a pair at the turn of the year (HP330D drill/driver and TD090D
impact driver). Very happy with them so far: they are small and light;
and keep up easily with my short days/slow pace. But when working from
a ladder I miss the ability to attach a lanyard. All I have found so
far are holsters which don't appeal as they still risk my discovering
how far they bounce when dropped 6m onto concrete from clumsy fingers.
I've also failed to find a way to tie cords around them without getting
in the way of the trigger and/or chuck.

Sandpaper + Araldite a lanyard onto the bottom of the battery perhaps?

I would still go for tape wrapped circumferentially around the battery
just below the clip. Or those sticky foam pads used to stick rear view
mirrors inside windscreens, which really do stick! I am normally a big
fan of araldite, but what is the plastic? Perhaps OK on ABS but could it
be polypropylene?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2015 13:21, newshound wrote:

I would still go for tape wrapped circumferentially around the battery
just below the clip.

If tape is the preferred method use self amalgamating tape. £3 to £4 for
a 10 metre roll on Ebay.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/self_amalg.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
If tape is the preferred method use self amalgamating tape. £3 to £4
for a 10 metre roll on Ebay.

Thank you (and newshound and Martin) for your suggestions. I'll think
on.