Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fischer Storage Heaters

tim... explained on 08/07/2017 :
Given the competitive nature of the market due to internet companies getting
more and more involved, where is this money to pay for this car coming from?

A reasonable profit on a large number of sales. Local properties to me
turn over very quickly and the estate agents cars are obvious.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 12:16:03 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

tim... explained on 08/07/2017 :
Given the competitive nature of the market due to internet companies getting
more and more involved, where is this money to pay for this car coming from?

A reasonable profit on a large number of sales. Local properties to me
turn over very quickly

Are you that bad to live near to ?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2017 11:53, tim... wrote:

"The Other John" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:48:54 +0100, Peter Parry wrote:

The two Mercedes on my drive are testament to that!

I presume that is because Mercedes, being one of the less reliable car
manufacturers, means you need a spare?

The 2 Mercedes and the glowing testimonial suggest to me that the OP is a
Fischer rep! Pass the salt

I always get a bit pee-ed off when an Estate Agent rolls up in an
expensive car

Why? Should they not get paid for providing a service? (the fact that
the online EA market has such poor completion rates suggests that its a
service that is not as easy to disintermediate as many would believe)

Given the competitive nature of the market due to internet companies
getting more and more involved, where is this money to pay for this car
coming from?

From sale fees paid by sellers, commission payments from conveyancers,
commission payments from mortgage advisors, management fees from let
properties, inspection and inventory fees from landlords, referral fees
from property maintenance contractors, fees from tenants (credit check,
CRB, referencing etc), and probably more when you look at the fine detail.

(although before you get too carried away, the list of outgoing fees is
also extensive)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Martin Pentreath, Blipraven10 wrote:
I can't comment on the efficiency or effectiveness of the products, but the
company's sales methods cause me great concern. Curious about the products I
requested further details. Fischer declined to give them unless I agreed to a
visit from an "engineer". Reluctantly I agreed making it clear that as I had
no idea of the price I may well not place an order. The "engineer" was poorly
informed, both about electric heating and specific Fischer products, and
surprisingly reluctant to let me see the products in the brochure. Nonetheless
he recommended some, told me that I could only order face to face from an
"engineer" - i.e him, and suggested I order there and then and cancel within
two weeks. He gave me a price - then did some tapping on his calculator and
dropped the price by £700 then offered another £100 off. This was enough for
me. I declined and he wrapped up quickly and left. I shudder to think what he
could have persuaded my elderly parents to buy.

For anyone considering these products, from what I could gather, the heaters
cost between £1,500-£2,500 each. They may well be worth every penny of that
but I will be buying electric radiators which may well be inferior to
Fischer's, from a supplier who is willing and able to tell me about them,
let's me see them before I decide to buy, and lets me order as and when I'm
ready in the way that I choose, for between £300-£500 each.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1104362-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 September 2017 15:44:05 UTC+1, Blipraven10 wrote:
[...]

IIRC you can get similar in argos for 20 or 30

P clip, Fischer Cable Clasp or Fischer Twin Clamp ? js.b1 UK diy 1 October 28th 09 03:08 PM
Storage Heaters LongYP UK diy 15 November 1st 07 07:36 PM
Storage Heaters Paul UK diy 7 December 24th 04 06:41 PM
storage heaters DavidD UK diy 1 December 17th 03 11:41 AM
Storage heaters HELP!!!!!!!! lioneluk UK diy 11 December 14th 03 09:09 PM