Posted to uk.d-i-y
Blipraven10 Blipraven10 is offline

Default Fischer Storage Heaters

replying to Martin Pentreath, Blipraven10 wrote:
I can't comment on the efficiency or effectiveness of the products, but the
company's sales methods cause me great concern. Curious about the products I
requested further details. Fischer declined to give them unless I agreed to a
visit from an "engineer". Reluctantly I agreed making it clear that as I had
no idea of the price I may well not place an order. The "engineer" was poorly
informed, both about electric heating and specific Fischer products, and
surprisingly reluctant to let me see the products in the brochure. Nonetheless
he recommended some, told me that I could only order face to face from an
"engineer" - i.e him, and suggested I order there and then and cancel within
two weeks. He gave me a price - then did some tapping on his calculator and
dropped the price by £700 then offered another £100 off. This was enough for
me. I declined and he wrapped up quickly and left. I shudder to think what he
could have persuaded my elderly parents to buy.

For anyone considering these products, from what I could gather, the heaters
cost between £1,500-£2,500 each. They may well be worth every penny of that
but I will be buying electric radiators which may well be inferior to
Fischer's, from a supplier who is willing and able to tell me about them,
let's me see them before I decide to buy, and lets me order as and when I'm
ready in the way that I choose, for between £300-£500 each.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1104362-.htm