Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing drain hose on Bosch dishwasher- any thoughts or experience?

Drain hose on Bosch SMS58T12GB/93 is leaking. Kinked very close to the
machine so a joiner will not do the job. I can get a new hose but can't work
out how to fit it.
Hose enters at the base by a click-fit plate then disappears into the
machine.
I have removed top and left side panels which reveals where the hose is
fitted.
Pic here, hopefully:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

The drain hose is the one one the left. Problem is that it's retained by a
non-removable bit of plastic which forms the whole base of the machine.

I could chop the bit of plast off but am loth to do so. Yet.

Any thoughts or experience of this please?

Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick" wrote in news:dfin2gFu1poU1
@mid.individual.net:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

Couln't you use a joiner inside the machine?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
"Nick" wrote in news:dfin2gFu1poU1
@mid.individual.net:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

Couln't you use a joiner inside the machine?

Don't think so. Not enough access.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:
Drain hose on Bosch SMS58T12GB/93 is leaking. Kinked very close to the
machine so a joiner will not do the job. I can get a new hose but can't work
out how to fit it.
Hose enters at the base by a click-fit plate then disappears into the
machine.
I have removed top and left side panels which reveals where the hose is
fitted.
Pic here, hopefully:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

The drain hose is the one one the left. Problem is that it's retained by a
non-removable bit of plastic which forms the whole base of the machine.

I could chop the bit of plast off but am loth to do so. Yet.

Any thoughts or experience of this please?

Well it looks like the plastic has two "U" shaped notches, one obviously
facing backwards and one (for the drain hose) less obviously pointing
forward. It looks like you need to bend the hose towards the front of the
machine to get it out of the notch before pulling down.

HTH

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:01:56 +0000, Nick wrote:

Drain hose on Bosch SMS58T12GB/93 is leaking. Kinked very close to the
machine so a joiner will not do the job. I can get a new hose but can't
work out how to fit it.
Hose enters at the base by a click-fit plate then disappears into the
machine.
I have removed top and left side panels which reveals where the hose is
fitted.
Pic here, hopefully:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

The drain hose is the one one the left. Problem is that it's retained by
a non-removable bit of plastic which forms the whole base of the
machine.

I could chop the bit of plast off but am loth to do so. Yet.

Hmmm. I had a look at the exploded diagrams, under the "Spare parts list
and diagrams" tab he

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/sp...cmActiveWater/
SMS58T12GB/93

and I see what you mean.

Look in particular at tab 5 on the exploded diagram, in relation to the
hose itself. Tab 4 has the inlet assembly, which only seems to be
retained by a single bolt.

Two thoughts:

1) the retainer slot may be slightly tapered, so pushing the hose partly
(not much) out of the slot may be enought to free it; the hose looks a
bit thinner below the slot). You could try it on the more accessible
right hand hose first.

2) The inlet assembly looks as if it can be demounted and moved slightly,
fairly easily. See the diagram and location of retaining bolt(s).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2016 22:01, Nick wrote:
Drain hose on Bosch SMS58T12GB/93 is leaking. Kinked very close to the
machine so a joiner will not do the job. I can get a new hose but can't work
out how to fit it.
Hose enters at the base by a click-fit plate then disappears into the
machine.
I have removed top and left side panels which reveals where the hose is
fitted.
Pic here, hopefully:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_5272.jpg

The drain hose is the one one the left. Problem is that it's retained by a
non-removable bit of plastic which forms the whole base of the machine.

I could chop the bit of plast off but am loth to do so. Yet.

Any thoughts or experience of this please?

Nick.

The video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB8Mpy52_90

looks to be for a very similar machine and shows how to do it.

Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

PJK wrote in :

On 11/01/2016 22:01, Nick wrote:
[...]

Easy when you see how! Why do dishwashers have this complicated matrix
moulding?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
DerbyBorn escribió:

The video he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB8Mpy52_90

looks to be for a very similar machine and shows how to do it.

What a horrible job compared to doing the one on a washing machine.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 06:30:03 +0000, PJK wrote:

On 11/01/2016 22:01, Nick wrote:
[...]

Aha. That was option (2) on my proposed solutions!