Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I deter spiders?

In our house, in the last couple of years, the 'normal' species of
spider (large scary type, fat body, stout legs) has been totally usurped
by the 'daddy longlegs' variety (tiny body, long spindly legs). They
seem lurk in ever corner, nook and cranny.

Their webs are hardly webs at all, but instead consist of tangled
strings or bundles of fine fluff. No matter how often I remove them,
they're back the next day. I try not to harm the spiders themselves, and
when I can catch them, I throw them outside.

Traditional recommendations include chestnuts, lemon and lavender - and
there are lots of electronic devices that emit ultrasonic and
electromagnetic waves (but I suspect that these are in the snake oil
category).

Reports of how effective these remedies are vary, so can anyone suggest
something that really does work?
--
Ian

Cat spraying - how to deter? Simon C. UK diy 37 October 13th 19 12:33 PM
Greedy parakeets in S.E.London - how to deter them. David Chapman UK diy 41 May 1st 18 12:32 PM
How to deter dogs jives11 UK diy 6 March 11th 08 11:06 AM
Does amonia deter cats... The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 54 April 22nd 06 07:06 PM
[?] Looking for ideas on how to 'deter' grey squirrels. David Chapman UK diy 35 April 13th 05 05:09 PM