Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to deter dogs

My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

The issues are that perhaps his dog will get out via my back then
front garden as I have no gate

Also it's leaving some unwelcome mementos behind.

I'd hate to upset my neighbour, it's his boundary .

I wondered if there are humane deterrents that will keep dogs out ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jives11" wrote in message
My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

Don't you like the anwsers in the other thread?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Mar, 12:29, "George" wrote:
"jives11" wrote in message

My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

Don't you like the anwsers in the other thread?

apologies, I couldn't see the earlier post and assumed something had
gone wrong with my posting. Put it down to old age. yes - the other
answers were very welcome
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jives11" wrote in message
On 10 Mar, 12:29, "George" wrote:
"jives11" wrote in message

My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

Don't you like the anwsers in the other thread?

apologies, I couldn't see the earlier post and assumed something had
gone wrong with my posting. Put it down to old age. yes - the other
answers were very welcome

The simplest and cheapest solution is chicken wire or plastic mesh and a
couple of 1" poles

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jives11 wrote:
My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

The issues are that perhaps his dog will get out via my back then
front garden as I have no gate

Thatt's his problem: Not yours

Also it's leaving some unwelcome mementos behind.

Makes excellen compost. Should be welcoming it.

I'd hate to upset my neighbour, it's his boundary .

I wondered if there are humane deterrents that will keep dogs out ?

A bigger dog?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:08:48 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

jives11 wrote:
My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

The issues are that perhaps his dog will get out via my back then
front garden as I have no gate

Thatt's his problem: Not yours

Also it's leaving some unwelcome mementos behind.

Makes excellen compost. Should be welcoming it.

If it's been wormed it's not very good for your garden.

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 05:25:37 -0700 (PDT), jives11
wrote:

My neighbours dog sometimes strays from his back garden into mine. Our
border is hard to secure as there are many rhododendrons etc., and
it's not normally an issue. We get on very well

The issues are that perhaps his dog will get out via my back then
front garden as I have no gate

Also it's leaving some unwelcome mementos behind.

I'd hate to upset my neighbour, it's his boundary .

I wondered if there are humane deterrents that will keep dogs out ?

Why not try the Scarecrow?
http://www.contech-inc.com/products/scarecrow/

M.

All about DOGS moodyddd Woodworking 20 January 20th 08 11:33 PM
All about DOGS [email protected] Metalworking 1 January 20th 08 07:01 PM
All about DOGS [email protected] UK diy 2 January 18th 08 08:23 PM
Does amonia deter cats... The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 54 April 22nd 06 07:06 PM
[?] Looking for ideas on how to 'deter' grey squirrels. David Chapman UK diy 35 April 13th 05 05:09 PM