Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SOT - something I've noticed

Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system. Seems bonkers
to me that the only way of knowing there's a visitor to a, usually,
large house is is by them making a loud enough noise banging on the
door to overcome the radio/TV etc. And it wouldn't cost much in a
new-build.
Of course, there's an opening for Dave TMH to install wireless
doorbells ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

--
*When chemists die, they barium.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:25:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

I haven't kept a record but it's been a while since I've seen one with
an entry phone or doorbell, which is why I commented. It's most often
been the presenter using his fist.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message

On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:25:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

I haven't kept a record but it's been a while since I've seen one with
an entry phone or doorbell, which is why I commented. It's most often
been the presenter using his fist.

Or the camera crew are already inside making the whole thing a farce

Andrew