DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SOT - something I've noticed (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/380958-sot-something-ive-noticed.html)

Peter Johnson[_3_] May 20th 15 01:00 PM

SOT - something I've noticed

Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system. Seems bonkers
to me that the only way of knowing there's a visitor to a, usually,
large house is is by them making a loud enough noise banging on the
door to overcome the radio/TV etc. And it wouldn't cost much in a
new-build.
Of course, there's an opening for Dave TMH to install wireless
doorbells ...

Dave Plowman (News) May 20th 15 01:25 PM

SOT - something I've noticed

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

--
*When chemists die, they barium.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Peter Johnson[_3_] May 21st 15 03:53 PM

SOT - something I've noticed

On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:25:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

I haven't kept a record but it's been a while since I've seen one with
an entry phone or doorbell, which is why I commented. It's most often
been the presenter using his fist.

Andrew Mawson[_2_] May 21st 15 03:56 PM

SOT - something I've noticed

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message

On Wed, 20 May 2015 13:25:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:
Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream
etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system.

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell
being used.

I haven't kept a record but it's been a while since I've seen one with
an entry phone or doorbell, which is why I commented. It's most often
been the presenter using his fist.

Or the camera crew are already inside making the whole thing a farce

Andrew