Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Energy consultants and smart meters

Is anyone else getting pestered by "energy consultants" offering to
act on one's behalf, have smart meters installed and then negotiating
a unit price while it is low now for when renewal is due next winter?
We do use a lot of electrical units in our yard (3 72kW supplies) but
how do they make their profit. I am a bit naive about smart meters
apart from knowing they communicate consumption in real time.

It reminds me of slamming with telephone providers in the past but I
wonder what the catch is?

Similarly I'm having cleaning chemical firms offering to send sample
packs out of the blue claiming we have done business in the past, when
we haven't. Again this reminds me of the old carbon copy paper scam
from the 60s.

I presume as a business even if I ask them to stop pestering me and
they continue no laws are being broken?

Smart meters newshound UK diy 265 March 17th 15 09:43 PM
Smart Meters Andrew Gabriel UK diy 10 February 13th 15 02:23 PM
Smart Meters Guv Bob Home Repair 79 February 12th 14 06:28 PM
Smart Meters Dave Liquorice[_2_] UK diy 133 May 2nd 13 10:18 PM
Smart meters jgharston UK diy 0 January 29th 10 04:10 PM